stamme[n] V3

Moderator: drolo

Re: Stamme[n]

Postby Seance » Sat Jun 23, 2018 3:06 am

adamajah wrote:Tasty @Seance!

Thanks!
:snax:
adamajah wrote:
I need to go stutter my Stamme[n] now ...

:poke:
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:08 am

Seance wrote:Stomping in a Puddle of Pedals parts 5 and 6 feature a healthy dose of Stamme[n]:

I've also been using the Stamme[n] to work on the soundtracks for two of my abstract animated films.
For several weeks now I've been stuck... feeling like both soundtracks are just okay and that something
was missing. I wasn't sure what to add or to take away and so I felt deadlocked in creative-block paralysis.

Then today I had the idea of switching the soundtracks between the two and now they now both actually
work a lot better. With a few tweaks I might be done and ready to move on to my next project.
Which is strange since I recorded the first pass of soundtrack while watching the animation... turns out
the textures and movements and structures all fit better with the other, not the intended animation.
Oh well. Weird.
:!!!:

I love it when things put together seemingly randomly suddenly work as if they were planned to be that way :)
I have been learning a bit more about John Cage lately and it got me interested in his chance operations. Need to read up on that some more :)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Sat Jun 23, 2018 11:54 am

drolo wrote:I love it when things put together seemingly randomly suddenly work as if they were planned to be that way :)
I have been learning a bit more about John Cage lately and it got me interested in his chance operations. Need to read up on that some more :)

Yes! Synchronicity is sublime.

Patternation—seeking or interpreting patterns—is fundamental to human nature.

John Cage was threaded through lots of the programs at my art school (not just film,
but also the department known as "New Genres" which included performance art and
other artistic odds and ends).
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Paul_C » Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:21 pm

That's a lot of what I do with my Sonic Koalas stuff - I record myself playing guitar through various pedals and put the results in a folder, sometimes the recordings are 30 or 40 mins long.

Then when I'm in the mood to make something to put on YouTube I open one or two of the files up in Audacity, find a rhythm track if I want one and start chopping things out of the recordings. Sometimes it's done with a degree of thought, but there are some I've done where I've copied bits at random, or removed bits at random, so I don't know what the finished guitar track (or tracks) will sound like until I press play :)

The other thing I particularly like doing is reversing bits, as something that sounds "ok" can sound much better when reversed.

This has reminded me that I have a recording somewhere (I've got 170+ in the folder at the moment) with a whole lot of Stamme[n] on, I must dig that out for my next piece :)
Paul_C

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:01 pm

Paul_C wrote:The other thing I particularly like doing is reversing bits, as something that sounds "ok" can sound much better when reversed.

Also can be fun to sloooow down a clip (reversed or not). New textures emerge.

Which is why I need a Ditto X2 or something of that ilk. I like putting the CT5 in
reverse, but at times it would be advantageous to reverse the reverse.

Slowing down and reversing are great ways to explode and explore the textures
of fuzz or granular choppy stuttering glitchers. So much fun.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:14 am

Stamme[n] holding a note for guitar drones is incredibly fun to play.
Hopefully a somewhat interesting thing to listen to. It's hard not
to get carried away and lost in the meditative waves of held fuzz.

Last edited by Seance on Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Wed Jul 04, 2018 3:51 pm

intense and epic !
Like your little lights too :)
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:36 pm

drolo wrote:intense and epic !

Thanks! Fuzz input equals epic output!
drolo wrote:intense and epic !
Like your little lights too :)

My wife got those for her sewing machine but then found out that
the metal on her sewing machine (from the 1980s) is not magnetic.
The little lights have magnets on the bottom and a flexible neck
and make for a perfect, compact, 2-point lighting system for animation.
I shot that video on my animation stand, which is where the lights live.
Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Seance » Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:17 pm

I love fuzz (and the Filter Hold on the Stamme[n]).

Seance

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby drolo » Tue Oct 02, 2018 5:43 pm

Seance wrote:I love fuzz (and the Filter Hold on the Stamme[n]).

Niice :)

on the topic of stammen, here is a very nice harp cover of bjork's pagan poetry on using a stammen beautifully during the outro :

drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: question[s] for [future?] stamme[n] user[s]

Postby drolo » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:19 am

I am slowly getting the itch to update the stamme[n] and I'm struggling with some decisions. I'd like to add some new stuff but would need to make room for that.
So before I start tossing coins and make random choices I thought I'd ask you guys :)
(sorry in advance, the questions may not make sense outside of my brain)

- How important is the tap tempo function, especially if that function could be replaced with a reverse loop function?
- Would you give up the possibility to expression control the filter and pitch settings, have these controls as separate manual controls and make room for 2 new modes?
- What are your favorite and least favorite modes?
- Any other thoughts?
drolo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: question[s] for [future?] stamme[n] user[s]

Postby shikawkee » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:10 am

drolo wrote:I am slowly getting the itch to update the stamme[n] and I'm struggling with some decisions. I'd like to add some new stuff but would need to make room for that.
So before I start tossing coins and make random choices I thought I'd ask you guys :)
(sorry in advance, the questions may not make sense outside of my brain)

- How important is the tap tempo function, especially if that function could be replaced with a reverse loop function?
- Would you give up the possibility to expression control the filter and pitch settings, have these controls as separate manual controls and make room for 2 new modes?
- What are your favorite and least favorite modes?
- Any other thoughts?

Oh no, I love the expression function. Big selling point to me. There's one or two modes I don't use. The filter for one but that's because I have other options and a Molecular Disruptor <g>.
Tap tempo for what I do isn't particularly relevant but I reckon lots of people need it. I don't think I've ever used FL or ST modes at all. Tape and swell are my favorites FWIW.

Frankly I don't think there's anything wrong with the Stamme(n), especially if you don't have a Molecular Disruptor or similar pedal but that shouldn't stop you messing around.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: Question[s] for [future?] stamme[n] user[s]

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:25 am

I don't use the exp control. I mainly use tap tempo glitch, FL and ST. Basically, the exact opposite of shikawkee. :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:30 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I don't use the exp control. I mainly use tap tempo glitch, FL and ST. Basically, the exact opposite of shikawkee. :lol:

:excellent: (Fredrik Olsen reference <g>)
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby cantremember » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:58 am

I use the filter, pitch and swell freeze with a expression pedal all the time! It's actually one of my favorite features of the pedal. I also really like the glitchdelay setting a lot. I'd be interested to hear what you have in mind for the 2 new modes but I honestly would have a hard time giving up the one I have now if the new version didn't have expression control.
cantremember

Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF
Lagom Gigantic Lurker of BILF

PreviousNext

Return to drolo