The Simulant

Re: The Simulant

Postby Scruffie » Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:29 pm

Jero wrote::snax:

Tom's been pretty busy the past few months, he's had 'em since back when and tells me he'll get them up in the store at the end of this month, just given me more time to design the next pedal(s) :cool:

How you liking your Warbler by the way? I still have a gift to send you once I'm settled in my new place and can find the box it's in :snax:
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Jero » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:00 pm

Scruffie wrote:

Tom's been pretty busy the past few months, he's had 'em since back when and tells me he'll get them up in the store at the end of this month, just given me more time to design the next pedal(s) :cool:

How you liking your Warbler by the way? I still have a gift to send you once I'm settled in my new place and can find the box it's in :snax:

Oh snap, for real? My man :hug:

I have actually been using it a lot lately! Wasn't really playing guitar for a minute, set up a small board (4 pedals+looper) the other day with the Warbler on it, and have been writing some new stuff. The Warbler is excellent. It has it's own warmth/drive to it that I find interesting. There's a lot to that intensity control too. I feel like when I first got it I was over doing it, but once I found a sweet spot :joy: It's a keeper.

Trying to make a video of something I put together last night to use as another demo for my Haxan and Virus, and the first melody that plays through out is all Warbler :thumb:

Any clues as to what the next pedal is? :snax:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:16 pm

Jero wrote:
Scruffie wrote:

Oh snap, for real? My man :hug:

I have actually been using it a lot lately! Wasn't really playing guitar for a minute, set up a small board (4 pedals+looper) the other day with the Warbler on it, and have been writing some new stuff. The Warbler is excellent. It has it's own warmth/drive to it that I find interesting. There's a lot to that intensity control too. I feel like when I first got it I was over doing it, but once I found a sweet spot :joy: It's a keeper.

Trying to make a video of something I put together last night to use as another demo for my Haxan and Virus, and the first melody that plays through out is all Warbler :thumb:

Any clues as to what the next pedal is? :snax:

Well, there's a few actually and I'm struggling to pick which to go with next so I might do a poll... Although I kinda really wanna let the cat out of the bag on a limited run of something very special so people should poke me so I have to give in.

I'm glad you like the warmth, or at least find it interesting ;) I specifically designed the filtering so it wasn't 100% neutral and had a bit of a vintage DMM like colouring to it as it gave me much more feels than pristine. :lol: Well, it needed a lot of range on the intensity to have those slower speeds and I could have made the intensity automatically reduce at the faster rates but, where would the fun in that be?

:eek: I'll be keeping an eye out for that :thumb: :joy: I've loved what I've heard of the Virus so far, perhaps we will partake in a trade of goods one of these days... :excellent:
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jan 05, 2019 7:34 pm

:hobbes: :poke:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Jero » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Scruffie wrote:Well, there's a few actually and I'm struggling to pick which to go with next so I might do a poll... Although I kinda really wanna let the cat out of the bag on a limited run of something very special so people should poke me so I have to give in.

I'm glad you like the warmth, or at least find it interesting ;) I specifically designed the filtering so it wasn't 100% neutral and had a bit of a vintage DMM like colouring to it as it gave me much more feels than pristine. :lol: Well, it needed a lot of range on the intensity to have those slower speeds and I could have made the intensity automatically reduce at the faster rates but, where would the fun in that be?

:eek: I'll be keeping an eye out for that :thumb: :joy: I've loved what I've heard of the Virus so far, perhaps we will partake in a trade of goods one of these days... :excellent:

Don't threaten me with a good time :poke: :lol: spill it!

All my comments were meant to be positive! Haha, I wasn't saying "interesting" in the way people do when they are trying to be polite. I'm used to using chorus and phasers with the dry pulled for vibe sounds, which the Warbler is not (it's better)...but you already knew that :p ...I want to to try it with samples and keys some time.

and thanks for the compliment, I'm totally down :animal:

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:16 am

Jero wrote:
Scruffie wrote:Well, there's a few actually and I'm struggling to pick which to go with next so I might do a poll... Although I kinda really wanna let the cat out of the bag on a limited run of something very special so people should poke me so I have to give in.

Don't threaten me with a good time :poke: :lol: spill it!

All my comments were meant to be positive!

I took them as such :) just that dry English phrasing :lol:

Well... It's a clone (not something I would usually do but this was a special case)... It's a flanger with some much, much needed improvements (and an extra feature or two) it uses a NOS Dual 512 Stage BBD (hence the limited nature) and it's one of my favourite pedals :idea:
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Scruffie » Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:13 pm

Oh, hello there :joy:
Attachments
51161407_791473687859073_5398248354578694144_n.jpg
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Jero » Mon Feb 04, 2019 2:46 pm

Scruffie wrote:Well... It's a clone (not something I would usually do but this was a special case)... It's a flanger with some much, much needed improvements (and an extra feature or two) it uses a NOS Dual 512 Stage BBD (hence the limited nature) and it's one of my favourite pedals :idea:

OooOo...knowing your penchant for old EHX, something in that ballpark? :snax:

Scruffie wrote:Oh, hello there :joy:

:hello: hello indeed, lookin' good!

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Tue Feb 05, 2019 6:21 pm

Love the design!

:snax:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sylnau » Tue Feb 26, 2019 10:17 am

coldbrightsunlight wrote:

Love the design!

:snax:

Me too!
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones." --John Cage

http://www.youtube.com/sylnau
sylnau

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Scruffie » Fri Mar 01, 2019 12:13 pm

Thanks guys! It means a lot, this was my first attempt at doing the graphic design my self :eek: :joy:
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Scruffie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:23 pm

Scruffie

Admin
Admin

Postby Jero » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:48 pm

:thumb: Hope to get one sooner than later

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby NoizeMe » Sat Jun 08, 2019 1:01 pm

beautiful. I need to go hear this now!
NoizeMe

interested
interested

Postby Scruffie » Sat Jun 08, 2019 8:39 pm

NoizeMe wrote:

beautiful. I need to go hear this now!

:love: Well I hope the sounds live up to the looks!
Scruffie

Admin
Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Electric Orchard