A Four big knob maximum volume
No votes
B Staggered five big knob with master volume control
31%
C Straight five medium knob with master volume control
31%
D SUPERSIZE ME
31%
E Make that shit smaller, I've got to wedge it in between a hundred other things and finger room is a luxury I can live without
8%

Total votes : 13

RMA Monobius

Postby crochambeau » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:06 pm

Now with manual!

Here's a first peek at the RMA Monobius. It's an 8 minute video, apologies on the length, but it had to be done.

I'm now officially retracting my self imposed ban on pre-orders (...), at this point, besides the routing switch I need slap on the filter the circuit is designed and proven (so I'm not falling into the same hole I did with the Dirty Doper).

There will be a run of ten (sometimes I'm lucky and the PCB fab sends me a little overage, which will positively influence run size), finish price will be $195 plus shipping. Securing a slot on the pre order will be $100 with remainder due before shipment. Contact me for details & stay cool.

Two switch versions are $195 plus shipping
Three switch versions (with diode ring misalignment options) are $225 plus shipping
Last edited by crochambeau on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Re: RMA Monobius

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:14 pm

All hail Monobius!!! :rock:

Sounds glorious! :doom:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby crochambeau » Sat Jan 21, 2017 10:31 pm

Chankgeez wrote:All hail Monobius!!! :rock:

Sounds glorious! :doom:

Thanks!

It's the first of a glut of new stuff that is spilling off the drawing board. I'll probably be courting your assistance regarding a tourbox this spring or so.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:51 pm

Fucking A!

Sign me up. Sounds so good.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby LaoWiz » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:50 am

I'm am super down for one of these and ready to send you money!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:43 am

I should mention I expect a roughly 4-5 week wait before ready to ship on these.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Jan 22, 2017 5:57 am

i already told you before, but i am really excited for this. Usually i am not very interested in ring modulators. But this one is so different, i really love the range of textures in the sounds you did with it.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:52 am

crochambeau wrote:
It's the first of a glut of new stuff that is spilling off the drawing board. I'll probably be courting your assistance regarding a tourbox this spring or so.

:thumb: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby crochambeau » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:08 pm

Here's something a little more refined, and in front of a proper amp. My intent is to punch label the controls in the manner seen here, at least for the first run of ten. Contact me if interested!

My intent failed, unless I punch at a certain stage and thereby limit finish options punching labels does not work out too well.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby raj007 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:51 pm

I'm in with a preorder.

Pumped!
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby lordgalvar » Mon Feb 20, 2017 6:44 pm

raj007 wrote:I'm in with a preorder.

Pumped!

Excited here too!

Congrats on your Crustacean! You'll love that thing (it's a killer distortion too!)
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Dandolin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:00 pm

Wow--sounds fantastic C-Roch! :joy: :!!!: Just kept getting better and better....
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby raj007 » Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:16 pm

lordgalvar wrote:
raj007 wrote:I'm in with a preorder.

Pumped!

Excited here too!

Congrats on your Crustacean! You'll love that thing (it's a killer distortion too!)

:thumb:

I somehow missed that 7-ish minute demo of the Crustacean and after watching I had to grab one.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:04 am

Thanks for the good words all!

I'm expecting PCBs to arrive at some point this week. Pre-order participants will be getting a choice between four & five knob builds (the fifth being a master volume making it MUCH more pedal board friendly) at the same price.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby crochambeau » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:56 pm

Here's a line-up of current enclosure options, left to right: A, B, C, or D. The enclosures to the left are 4.5 inch wide by 6 inch deep, the five knob implementation at right is 7.5 inches deep to accommodate the larger knobs.

The smaller vertical 5 knob unit is mocked up with some BLMS knobs. It will not be a standard offering because the knobs have to be milled out to fit the potentiometers and since they are "budget oriented" to begin with I have decided the result is not worth it. I have yet to find a comparable knob in the ~1.125 inch diameter. ANYWAY, I can probably build two to that layout for now.

I should see the last parts I need to finish the initial run on Friday, so shipping availability looms. I'll ping both of you who jumped on the pre-order for your preferences.

There is a poll up top in case you missed it.
Last edited by crochambeau on Sat Jul 08, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Next

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus