The RMA drawing board/etc.

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby crochambeau » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:19 am

The Tetanus Booster / Crustacean hybrid is a 1v3 circuit (I can still build those, but only by request). The 1v4 PCB has the Tetanus circuit included. Here's the most recent video of one of those:

That's the one that started the name search. I have another 7 or 8 minute fuck around take I shot before boxing it up and shipping it to Germany, but that was no input as well. They take an input, I just didn't capture with it because the build was bonkers on its own.
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:14 am

YES!!!!! My YouTube feed was right for a change!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ2y0OWWLI8
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"I was playing guitar a minute ago and had to take a shit...kinda bummned out cuz I was trying to get this super awesome riff down, now I'm just holdin my penis down readin this crap" -comesect2.0
Don't do me ugly...
Oh Lord! The streets took you Blaze! Didn't I tell you!
$harkToootth

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am

at the 0:50 sec mark...!!!...
sometimes I just leave mine on for hrs..either I get it in a position to where it sounds like rain and wind or a super relaxing realistic wood poping fire...
I should finally have some extra moolah this weekend to finally throw your way... :facepalm: :facepalm:
LuR SMELT NiTH
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 pm

No worries, I'm familiar with the ebb & flow of things. I love the roaring campfire settings, it was the mutations that made that particular sound difficult (or impossible) to attain in a crustacean build that really killed my morale on the 1v4 variants and has birthed a new breed (on the horizon) branching from that platform.

RMA129 was the first successful true Crustacean to come out of the 1v4 PCB in a while, and was working beautifully until it failed in the final stages of exploratory surgery to meet particular design goals. This helped derail the month of December, tourbox, everything. What you see in that video is the rebuilt 1v4 which has now seen repeatability in another build (video within 24 hours) and will serve as basis for future "big" crustaceans which will be built on another revision of PCB, the 1v5. No big changes in the works on it, I just need to re-route some stuff as the current running 1v4 have a trace cut and some jumper action.

These both have top shell mounted PCBs for a bolt free baseplate, in the spirit of being more velcro friendly in the future.

In other news, I now have a suitably low frequency amplifier in the shop to do some dial in settings on the Hogshead, which is a bass heavy signal amplifier in the Tetanus Booster class. I can't really get away with calling it a fuzz (yet?) though it is an enriching thing to play.
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus