The RMA drawing board/etc.

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:16 pm

:!!!: :ilfreak: :success:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby crochambeau » Wed Oct 26, 2016 11:49 pm

It's property tax season, and due to stupidity well beyond my control we're still renting - so ~20% off everything in the reverb shop for ILF to cover my stunted family nice guy tax (via the offer function).

More stuff will be listed as time goes on. https://reverb.com/shop/rochambeau-musical-apparatus
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Tristan » Thu Oct 27, 2016 6:22 pm

Fuck yeah, full option regular gain Mudlark, gotta stay pedge though... :drool: :love:
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:55 pm

That double tetanus booster...freaking great idea. Looking forward to it.

Some creative looping could make that thing a blast.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:25 pm

lordgalvar wrote:That double tetanus booster...freaking great idea. Looking forward to it.

Thanks! I still haven't settled on a name, but I feel like retaining "tetanus" is important. I'll probably tame the hell out of the everything on 0 state, as full up just goes into that kind of squeaky fizz haywire silicon transistors do. Having a cleaner range down the dial will help dimensionally.

I guess since I'm in the drawing board thread:

I'm awaiting PCBs for the Monobius ring mod, the Locus stereo width adjuster, and some three transistor VCAs for experimenting.

In conceptual is a discrete transistor octave divider and a two way active crossover (that will functionally be more like an overlapping high and low shelf - and for now is only under research as an integrated stage, not as a stand alone effect).

I'm still way behind in learning C, but I have drafted a list of criteria for another project that will see some of this and the existing stuff put together in interesting ways, and open wide doors on the user interface front.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:25 am

... Twotanus?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby lordgalvar » Sat Jan 07, 2017 11:17 pm

crochambeau wrote:
lordgalvar wrote:That double tetanus booster...freaking great idea. Looking forward to it.

Thanks! I still haven't settled on a name, but I feel like retaining "tetanus" is important. I'll probably tame the hell out of the everything on 0 state, as full up just goes into that kind of squeaky fizz haywire silicon transistors do. Having a cleaner range down the dial will help dimensionally.

I guess since I'm in the drawing board thread:

I'm awaiting PCBs for the Monobius ring mod, the Locus stereo width adjuster, and some three transistor VCAs for experimenting.

In conceptual is a discrete transistor octave divider and a two way active crossover (that will functionally be more like an overlapping high and low shelf - and for now is only under research as an integrated stage, not as a stand alone effect).

I'm still way behind in learning C, but I have drafted a list of criteria for another project that will see some of this and the existing stuff put together in interesting ways, and open wide doors on the user interface front.

All of it is awesome.

High shelf low shelf divider....Really a neat idea.

Excited!
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:17 pm

Man, my "drawing board" is a fucking mess. I almost didn't bump this thread due to angles and spiky bits preceeding this here post, but the way I see it is that would be denying my history/past mayhem. I opt to NOT self censor, just ignore if you please some of the rambling prior this post (projects and so forth still remain FWIW). Big shout of thanks to Fuzzhugger Tom and Fuzzrocious Ryan for being forgiving, hahaha.

Anyway, I can't overlook the mess, so the thread lives on! CROSSPOST from facehell:

facehell wrote:Hi all, it's been a while. March has been the month of moving, and while I was initially optimistic I could juggle build output with relocation, it has become clear that this was a line of thinking malformed by a lack of trial run in the real world.

So, I'm currently running behind schedule. This impacts about a half dozen people, and everyone getting hit by my move will be getting a preferential treatment in some way or another (we'll address this in a one on one manner, but it'll either amount to feature creep or reduced cost to make up for the delay).

I'm on the last leg of the process right now, so soon the workflow situation will be better than before. Onward & upward, stay excellent to each other.

-Curtis

So, long story short: and concerns/what-have-you, get at me and we'll get it sorted. Those who are still in wait, I have my own secret plans on how to make excellent the delay, but I'll be in touch anyway when it's realistically very close to being DONE.

I'll edit this post with a pic of current conditions of the new space and I'm sure understanding will surface...

Now with pics!

Shop stuff shoved in a corner...

this will be the production area..

once some shit is moved out the way.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby comesect2.0 » Tue Mar 28, 2017 2:49 am

:excellent:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Mar 28, 2017 9:45 am

:snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby crochambeau » Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:56 pm

I'm letting all the broken photobucket links ride on this thread.

Honestly, if I still had moderator rights I'd just delete the first page. Anyway, I pulled the trigger on these:

A streamlined Tetanus Booster (same circuit, just redrawn to take up less space) identifiable as a two post mounting.
A trial run of re-drawn Mudlarks (some circuit optimization implemented, and PCB is now control mounted)
Initial re-run of no frills Crustaceans
Prototype run of the RMA Stone Splitter two tier single octave divider
Prototype run of the Dirty Doper MK2

On the drawing board is an oscillating fuzz (The RMA Warbler) and an amp in a box type of circuit.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:02 am

i am really interested in a tetanus booster when i have the funds, i have been wanting to try one for a long time now. In the future, are you going to be doing different versions like you did before (like the high gain version, normal gain version, different number of knobs, etc.)?
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:35 am

I can always build the high or convertible gain variants of the Tetanus Booster on request.

The high gain variant has a much more pronounced noise floor (the standard gain is already pushing what you can expect to get out of a given power supply) and loses the buffered output. Because of those two points, I've stopped building them as a standard offering.

Pretty much every current TB build is also a two knob, though I can go single control by request as well, it just didn't sell as well so I stopped automatically including them in my build schedule.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:07 pm

thats good to know. personally i think the two knob would be more usable and would sell better like you already said. would there be any way to have some sort of toggle that could allow for switching between high and normal gain versions or is this something that would be too difficult/not cost effective/time consuming?
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:50 pm

ibarakishi wrote:thats good to know. personally i think the two knob would be more usable and would sell better like you already said. would there be any way to have some sort of toggle that could allow for switching between high and normal gain versions or is this something that would be too difficult/not cost effective/time consuming?

You just described the convertible gain build, piece of cake. The buffered output is still lost, as that transistor stage is built out as a gain source instead of a unity gain buffer.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus