The RMA drawing board/etc.

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:48 am

cool! exactly what i was hoping for, i will be looking out for the next time you do batches for these and your other new layouts. I am really excited about all the other things you are doing as well
good deals with: JonnyAngle
ibarakishi

committed
committed

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:58 pm

what was the gumball? remember seeing a yt video...
also recall seeing some bad ass custom swirled colour led...whats up with those?
:snax:
Chankgeez wrote:In the future people will only communicate by using memes.

comesect2.0

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:14 pm

comesect2.0 wrote:what was the gumball? remember seeing a yt video...
also recall seeing some bad ass custom swirled colour led...whats up with those?
:snax:

The gumball is the crackle section of the crustacean, being fed an input instead of a noise source. My discrete transistor chops are improving (been digesting old pre-IC analog computer texts) and I might have a go at recreating the stage without the 741. That largely ignored build fell off the radar and has been in the prototype anomaly pile, but it's not the first time this year it has come up in conversation, so I'll be sure it is not forgotten... my work in process on the drawing board is just quite a few projects deep, so it might take some time.

The cracked glass LED bezel is still on the drawing board. Currently, I have to hand fabricate a bunch of shit to get them to work right, and it's hard to convince myself that the labor upcharge to cover my time is worth the value. There are a few out in the world, and they're all more or less experimental additions I've stuck to builds. My plan is to draw up a .dxf set and take it to my local machine shop, from which point there will be A) consistency and B) a very fixed price on the part, from which point I can integrate them in builds in a way that is not me pushing time into the corner (some of them would have added up to a roughly $100 up-charge if I was doing a by the book cost to charge assessment on them, and I don't feel like they are THAT cool)

So - working on it! ..and thanks for the nudge regarding the gumball, this might actually be good timing for the reminder.
crochambeau

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Previous

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus