Re: RMA Dirty Doper

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Aug 29, 2020 3:30 am

Yeah I'll take one
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: RMA Dirty Doper

Postby crochambeau » Wed Aug 30, 2023 7:50 pm

A touch of necromancy here to offer up a few for of the original design for sale, feel free to DM me if you want on the email list for advance notification. (the following text has been cut & pasted from an earlier email)

Greetings and salutations!

Firstly: you are reading this because we have interacted in the past, and I saved this contact information for the purposes unfolding today. In the event my intrusion is unwelcome, please contact me with a simple "do not want" or "remove me" and I shall eliminate your name from my list forthwith. Rest assured, I will protect this contact information to the greatest degree of which I am able, though you are free to share my email address with anyone you feel could benefit from such activity. We're all friends here!

So, allow me a moment to outline my approach to releasing work into the world: 1st phase = email, these will not be incredibly common and will occur in advance of social media/forum announcements by at least 24 hours. 2nd phase = social media/forum updates will occur after the email unless I'm wiped out of stock. 3rd phase = reverb listing, please note that reverb listings will be a higher price accounting for an additional layer of fees.

AND ON TO THE SHOW:

Of the six pictured builds based on reproduced first version Dirty Doper circuit boards, four are available for purchase at $350 shipped CONUS (or $333 plus shipping elsewhere) each. My plan is to offer this circuit in the future as an SMD build for less, but in the event you are a stickler for through hole, hand built assembly this is your last chance to grab a fresh one straight from the maker. This build has historically been a huge headache to build, and I assure you I have no intent of building more in this manner (I only reordered PCBs because I did not have a Dirty Doper of my own to benchmark further development).

As you can see, there are at present only three units complete, the remainder should be buttoned up by end of week. Again, only four of the six pictured are for sale, which ones are unimportant.

There are a few design changes that visually differ from the units built back in 2015-2017: LED placement, CV input is standardized as 1/4" phone plug nearest the DC inlet jack, and the sidewall enjoys the low profile of ~1 inch as opposed to the original 1.5 inch. Baseplates can be offered as a simple but firm friction fit, or - if you're prone to slapping velcro onto the bottom I am happy to run hardware through the sidewall to insure everything stays together as you tug these off & on the sticky substrate of your choice.

This is a first come, first served shindig - and again, if you somehow miss out on one of these four there will more in the future, just not quite as sweat soaked and exposed to profanity during the manufacturing process.

Feel free to rattle my cage on any variety of topics, it's probably been a while; and to those who feel forgotten - you most certainly are not (though reminders never hurt).

Stay excellent,

Curtis Rochambeau
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus