RMA Mudlark

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: RMA Mudlark

Postby crochambeau » Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:51 pm

The Mudlark found new skin:

Prototype at left on the gut-shot, the IC array is just some combinational logic instructing some 4066 CMOS switches to rearrange the signal path depending on toggle positions.

I'll follow up with a stringed instrument demo at some point; over-all the fuzz is pretty gated, which does wonders for idle noise but may limit type of player a bit (it's not a really sharp/high threshold gate, but for acres of sustain it'll need something pushing the front end unless you've a mountain of amplifiers)

Initial offering of four units at $195 each, after which I'll do a deeper cost analysis to determine if that price is sustainable.
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:08 pm

Sounds good, Curtis! :!!!: :love:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby DRodriguez » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:10 pm

This be some hot sonics! Rad stuff!!
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:17 pm

Thanks!

I plan on tucking one into the SO F%$#@!NG LATE TOURBOX, which will hopefully be shipping to Chankgeez within the week (I'll be in touch... SOON)
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:20 pm

:yay: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby ibarakishi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:15 am

would have loved to try this out in our tourbox, looks interesting
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:31 am

That thinner enclosure looks gorgeous! :love:

But will it oscillate?
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby crochambeau » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:07 am

ibarakishi wrote:would have loved to try this out in our tourbox, looks interesting

Had it been ready in time it would certainly have traveled that branch.

Eivind August wrote:That thinner enclosure looks gorgeous! :love:

But will it oscillate?

I agree! I can't always pull it off though (monobius is a tight fit in the ~4 cm case, the sidewall on this one is under 3).

Yes, self oscillation mode is with the two toggles down, those are the parts it's interposing a melody of sorts over the loop.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Eivind August » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:18 am

Oh damn.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby BetterOffShred » Sat Feb 02, 2019 1:51 am

Just dropping by to say that I've been using this on the tour box and it's madness. I've dug all kinds of oscillation out of it so far and exploding amp sounds in red mode. It does all kinds of milder stuff too. Truly a unique and fantastic specimen in my humble opinion.
BetterOffShred

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Sat Feb 02, 2019 2:00 pm

BetterOffShred wrote:Truly a unique and fantastic specimen in my humble opinion.

Thanks!

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus