RMA Tetanus Booster

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: RMA Tetanus Booster

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:48 am

Sounds to me like that contact mic works just fine with geetar. Wonder how it'd handle an active bass...:)
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:15 am

jwar wrote:Sounds to me like that contact mic works just fine with geetar. Wonder how it'd handle an active bass...:)

If you're willing to risk shipping costs we can find out...

If the contact mic unit doesn't cut it I can cough up something that should. I do feel obligated to point out that if you don't need/want the contact mic you'll save $25 on a standard build (high gain versus standard gain costs the same).
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:17 am

Ahh. Wait. How much is a standard unit? LOL.

I mean, they all sounded great IMO.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Fri Apr 08, 2016 11:45 am

Standard units are $95 plus ship (see below for note). Those two in the video haven't been listed to reverb yet, but will be today. I also have the trimmings to spit out a non-contact mic'd two knob high gain, which I will be doing this morning. Everything else is on hold until my parts show up this afternoon.

Edit:

Edit May 22, 2020 - Please note that all pricing stated was based on a simpler model than is now offered, contact me for details
I've got to get off my ass and bring to reality that what has been quoted through existence.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:29 pm

Boom bought one!! :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby univalve » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:27 am

When there is one ready i want one!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:14 am

univalve wrote:When there is one ready i want one!

Is there a particular configuration you'd prefer?

1SG = 1 knob standard gain
2SG = 2 knob standard gain
1HG = 1 knob high gain
2HG = 2 knob high gain

I just sold out of everything except a 1HG, so I'll be churning out another run, and the requests line is open (and don't feel obligated to buy if you indicate you'd prefer one over the other, I'm just trying to tailor the run in a balanced way)

Regarding ETA, I should have a few finished by early next week.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby univalve » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:39 am

2SG please!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby crochambeau » Wed Apr 13, 2016 11:50 am

Excellent choice, that makes two of those in upcoming.

I might play around with finishes a little bit, so there should be options to choose from.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:31 pm

Got mine today! Can't wait to try it out!!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Thu Apr 14, 2016 10:08 pm

This sucker is the most beastly booster I've ever tried! The volume on tap is I think even more than the Black Art Toneworks Destroyer, which is fucking insane! hahaha. I decided to tame it a bit and mess with a volume pedal. Holy crap! When you max out the volume and turn the gain just right, it's insane! Bone crushing. If I mess with the eq on my bass, it can get very crisp and punchy as well, which is killer! This thing is great! If you're hesitant to buy one, don't be!!!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby crochambeau » Thu Apr 14, 2016 11:08 pm

jwar wrote:This sucker is the most beastly booster I've ever tried! The volume on tap is I think even more than the Black Art Toneworks Destroyer, which is fucking insane! hahaha. I decided to tame it a bit and mess with a volume pedal. Holy crap! When you max out the volume and turn the gain just right, it's insane! Bone crushing. If I mess with the eq on my bass, it can get very crisp and punchy as well, which is killer! This thing is great! If you're hesitant to buy one, don't be!!!

:animal: :animal: :animal: :animal: :animal:

Thanks man! The good words insure they'll continue to be coming out for a while.

I'm guessing with a volume pedal in the mix, the (admittedly minor) increased noise floor with the high gain mod would be solved as well. Good to hear you enjoy!

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:42 pm

The Tetanus CV output into a Buchla style vca to control the open/close action on a vactrol based gate/filter.

So many options for this dang pedal. It is tops! It sounds great on its own, but gives three freaking outputs for mangling and fun.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby crochambeau » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:05 pm

Oh man, the sounds coming from that VCA are enjoyably slathered in mayhem. Love it!

lordgalvar wrote:three freaking outputs for mangling and fun.

I sort of got it in my head the top mount banana jacks were not widely appreciated, am I wrong? I stopped drilling them out as standard (but have it listed as an option), maybe I should automatically include them in the single knob units?

The configurations on this have evolved a little from the SG/HG realm, I think HG will be eliminated in favor of the CG (convertible gain) variant and the SG will remain the best option for utility splitting and so forth.

Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby lordgalvar » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:46 pm

I think mine is pre HG haha.

I don't know if the jacks are or aren't (and I ain't probably the best to say either way haha). I appreciate them a lot and it really motivated me to start building synth oriented circuits into stompboxes. The reason I hadn't messed with it much was just lack of CV gear (I have a lot that has CV inputs...but I've damaged few devices doing that stuff, so I hadn't really gotten too deep until now*). Also, CV on a lot of stop boxes just isn't that interesting sometimes haha.

I have built a few little CV translator devices (like cv-> relay) and they help protect stupid things like moogerfoogers (freqbox hates CV...or it needs extreme attenuation) and make things more interesting to me. (Wow tangent).

Anyway, I think people that want to integrate guitar in an awesome way to eurorack would love the jacks as much as I do...really, I think the tetanus +gate has become the center of everything. With the second out of the tetanus I can run it back to a switch that goes between carriers for a ring mod. Just so many options and I can keep the chain minimal. With the mudlark I can go fuzzy, suboctave and all that...

It works well as an all purpose dirty preamp. I've used in on microphones. I really think the banana jacks offer a totally different way to get into CV territories instead of the env detector, squarewave tracking osc realm of things.

I still haven't gotten around to trying the DD and tetanus CV again. That was a strange, strange mind boggling experience haha. I've got a waveshaper and other stuff I am going to build...maybe it works? Haha.

TL;dr: I don't know, but I like them. But as came up in the ring mod thread...maybe I am a 1%(in the CV sense...not class, haha)

*Maybe more than a lot of people...but nothing like eurorack people do or anything.
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

PreviousNext

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus