The RMA drawing board/etc.



Moderator: crochambeau

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby crochambeau » Wed Nov 08, 2017 12:19 am

The Tetanus Booster / Crustacean hybrid is a 1v3 circuit (I can still build those, but only by request). The 1v4 PCB has the Tetanus circuit included. Here's the most recent video of one of those:



That's the one that started the name search. I have another 7 or 8 minute fuck around take I shot before boxing it up and shipping it to Germany, but that was no input as well. They take an input, I just didn't capture with it because the build was bonkers on its own.
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.


Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 pm
Location: Cascadia

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby $harkToootth » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:14 am

YES!!!!! My YouTube feed was right for a change!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQ2y0OWWLI8
"SWIPE LEFT ASSHOLE!" -retinal orbita
"Whatever ASSHOLE here’s my pedal that makes humpback whale noises and also it has a built in sequencer so stick it in your craw! -retinal orbita
"Patty Mullen takes me from a ball peen to a sledge" -The Great Velvet Hammer
"...at this exact moment Divine has learned of your jealous scheme from the local town gossip. She also has your address, ASS HOLE!" -Narrator (Mr. J) PINK FLAMINGOS
$harkToootth

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 3846
Joined: Fri May 06, 2016 3:28 pm
Location: Whose hot dog is this huh!? Is it yours?

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby comesect2.0 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:30 am

at the 0:50 sec mark...!!!...
sometimes I just leave mine on for hrs..either I get it in a position to where it sounds like rain and wind or a super relaxing realistic wood poping fire...
I should finally have some extra moolah this weekend to finally throw your way... :facepalm: :facepalm:
comesect2.0

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4372
Joined: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:44 pm
Location: TX

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby crochambeau » Thu Jan 25, 2018 10:31 pm

No worries, I'm familiar with the ebb & flow of things. I love the roaring campfire settings, it was the mutations that made that particular sound difficult (or impossible) to attain in a crustacean build that really killed my morale on the 1v4 variants and has birthed a new breed (on the horizon) branching from that platform.

RMA129 was the first successful true Crustacean to come out of the 1v4 PCB in a while, and was working beautifully until it failed in the final stages of exploratory surgery to meet particular design goals. This helped derail the month of December, tourbox, everything. What you see in that video is the rebuilt 1v4 which has now seen repeatability in another build (video within 24 hours) and will serve as basis for future "big" crustaceans which will be built on another revision of PCB, the 1v5. No big changes in the works on it, I just need to re-route some stuff as the current running 1v4 have a trace cut and some jumper action.

These both have top shell mounted PCBs for a bolt free baseplate, in the spirit of being more velcro friendly in the future.

In other news, I now have a suitably low frequency amplifier in the shop to do some dial in settings on the Hogshead, which is a bass heavy signal amplifier in the Tetanus Booster class. I can't really get away with calling it a fuzz (yet?) though it is an enriching thing to play.
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.


Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 pm
Location: Cascadia

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:30 am

currently dreaming of getting the new orange pedal baby amp when it finally comes out and wanting to see how it can dance with the upcoming RMA preamp and my tetanus booster driving it for some texture. still dreaming of rust.....
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby fuzzonaut » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:16 am

crochambeau wrote:In other news, I now have a suitably low frequency amplifier in the shop to do some dial in settings on the Hogshead, which is a bass heavy signal amplifier in the Tetanus Booster class. I can't really get away with calling it a fuzz (yet?) though it is an enriching thing to play.


Any news on the other news? I'm pretty sure, I need a Hogshead!
Now: https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:56 am
Location: Switzerland

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby Dandolin » Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:41 pm

Hogshead seems interesting :snax:
Dandolin

User avatar
IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS
 
Posts: 4686
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:33 pm
Location: On the pharm in PA

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby crochambeau » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:28 pm

fuzzonaut wrote:
crochambeau wrote:In other news, I now have a suitably low frequency amplifier in the shop to do some dial in settings on the Hogshead, which is a bass heavy signal amplifier in the Tetanus Booster class. I can't really get away with calling it a fuzz (yet?) though it is an enriching thing to play.


Any news on the other news? I'm pretty sure, I need a Hogshead!


I haven't yet reached the point of satisfaction on the circuit, It's probably about time to set one out into circulation and get unbiased input on it. The one build out in the wild that uses Hogshead boards is a chimera build, so it's probably not the best example of the circuit.

ibarakishi wrote:currently dreaming of getting the new orange pedal baby amp when it finally comes out and wanting to see how it can dance with the upcoming RMA preamp and my tetanus booster driving it for some texture. still dreaming of rust.....


I appreciate the nudge, I'll stick some SMPS parts on the order I'm about to cut. :animal:
D.o.S. wrote:This thing is like the Blue Box on the amount of acid that lands you in the ER pretending to play it straight while you try and ignore the fact that the walls are dripping oil.


Rochambeau Musical Apparatus
Reverb storefront
Shark Tank
crochambeau

User avatar
FAMOUS
FAMOUS
 
Posts: 1694
Joined: Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:49 pm
Location: Cascadia

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby ibarakishi » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:07 am

crochambeau wrote:
I appreciate the nudge, I'll stick some SMPS parts on the order I'm about to cut. :animal:


whenever you end up getting one of these actually built i would really like a chance to test it out
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin

$harkToootth wrote:Long live the floor!

Invisible Man wrote:COGITO ERGO NON EST

Invisible Man wrote:maybe home isn’t where you’re comfortable, but where you can be useful.
ibarakishi

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 649
Joined: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:31 am
Location: Thailand

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby fuzzonaut » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:51 am

crochambeau wrote:
fuzzonaut wrote:
crochambeau wrote:In other news, I now have a suitably low frequency amplifier in the shop to do some dial in settings on the Hogshead, which is a bass heavy signal amplifier in the Tetanus Booster class. I can't really get away with calling it a fuzz (yet?) though it is an enriching thing to play.


Any news on the other news? I'm pretty sure, I need a Hogshead!


I haven't yet reached the point of satisfaction on the circuit, It's probably about time to set one out into circulation and get unbiased input on it. The one build out in the wild that uses Hogshead boards is a chimera build, so it's probably not the best example of the circuit.


:excellent: I'll keep an eye on your quest to reach the point of satisfaction, then.

A Tetanus Booster tuned to bass guitar frequencies would also have my undivided attention - just saying ;)
Now: https://glimmbrand.bandcamp.com / http://www.deepband.ch / https://fuzzonaut1.bandcamp.com / https://soundcloud.com/fuzzonaut-1
Then: https://suiciderat.bandcamp.com / Short Films: https://vimeo.com/user28594850
Good deals: wfs1234, Gigahearts_FX, stanimal, greyscales, hatshirt, insubordination, xrleroyx, HolySchnikes, nevada, skullservant, earthbound, chuckjaywalk, D.o.S., antennafarm, skip, hbombgraphics, UC, jwar, nieh, laekna, Rygot, D-Rainger, behndy, jero
fuzzonaut

User avatar
experienced
experienced
 
Posts: 734
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 10:56 am
Location: Switzerland

Previous

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


Sponsored Ad. (Please no inflated/repetitive clicking. Thanks!)

Advertisements help support ILF


ilovefuzz.com is not responsible for user-submitted content. Users participate at their own discretion and risk.