The RMA drawing board/etc.

Moderator: crochambeau

Re: The RMA drawing board/etc.

Postby raj007 » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:59 pm

Whoa whoa whoa.....RMA Tourbox?!?!

:drool: :drool:
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

Postby crochambeau » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:45 pm

raj007 wrote:Whoa whoa whoa.....RMA Tourbox?!?!

:drool: :drool:

Yeah, I'm hoping to have that ready soon. I've been mired in R&D and troubleshooting, so I haven't really come up for air. I should just ready a couple runners and go for it.

Right now it's looking like a Tetanus Booster and a Monobius, and perhaps an experimental build for critique/feedback purposes. I suppose I could also throw a Crustacean brick noise source into the mix.

I had hoped to have ~something else~ ready, but it would probably just be better to cut another tourbox in the future when that/those are fully realized. If I don't start a thread in the main GEAR forum in like a week or so, let the whippings begin.
crochambeau

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:51 am

wow! really excited for this. I don't know who you want to test things / what requirements you will have for the tour box, but if there is any way i can help with anything, please let me know and i will be happy to lend a hand. I am sure many people will be excited to do it once you have everything ready and feel comfortable with what you want to send out :joy:
good deals with: JonnyAngle, rdw102
ibarakishi

committed
committed

Postby crochambeau » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:31 am

ibarakishi wrote:I don't know who you want to test things / what requirements you will have for the tour box

I'll want people who are not me involved with just checking the stuff out and having fun with it (the builds are better at selling themselves than I am a salesman, but I admit it is not a universal taste sort of thing). I'll throw the prototype/concept object into the mix to just get a reaction on a "go|no go" level, and as a sort of experiment to see if trotting out early work will be a good or bad idea for the future. The test subject for this will be a Stone Splitter:

There will be a really big print note indicating this design does not currently meet my project criteria, but it does reach some standards I enjoy, so critical evisceration is highly encouraged. I want to hear someone describe this as garbage and then go on an absolute blow by blow tirade about every single point they hate. (this goes for the finished builds too, please)

Regarding requirements, I'll probably look at the other threads/consult Chankgeez (who has graciously offered assistance in this) before coughing up a rule book. Your location is a complication but you'd make the cut for an international run. That will, however, either be a different box or take place after the U.S. run. Again, these are details not yet hashed out.
crochambeau

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ibarakishi » Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:59 am

whatever you decide will be great, either way i will understand and be excited to see what you do and will be supporting you :thumb: I will wait to see more updates soon
good deals with: JonnyAngle, rdw102
ibarakishi

committed
committed

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:52 pm

Yess! I've been super keen on trying out your stuff. Good luck hashing out the deets.
DRodriguez

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:59 pm

Yeah, very much looking forward to testin' out those RMA devices. :snax:
Alice: balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to me
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here

"Vibraphones are like blowjobs; everyone wants one, but the good ones are cost-prohibitive."- Ugly Nora
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Rochambeau Musical Apparatus