Blast through the past...(Archive)

Moderator: Jero

Re: Blast through the past...aka old & new shit I built :)

Postby Jero » Mon Dec 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Eivind August wrote:Oh man, that's cool! Maybe I should call upon your services... Do you ring mod?

:hug: I wasn't sure how it'd turn out so I did it on the back. Naturally, I love it, so that enclosure will just have to be backwards.

I've only built one ring mod before, and it was very basic an lofi (logan 5 ring mod). It's the teal two knobbed enclosure with negative space. That being said, what did you have in mind? Having not, doesn't always mean can't :thumb:

Here are a couple more boxes from over the holiday...

I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby resincum » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:29 pm

those are beautiful
i'm glad i can call you a friend. even if i'll never see you again
resincum

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:48 am

Yeah, those are sexy as hell. :!!!:

I was thinking about a Maestro Ring Mod clone, with an added mix knob. I know there are schematics out there, but they look pretty complicated (I have no idea though).
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby goroth » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:35 am

Dude, get jero to build the parasit audio sample rate reducer. With an lfo on the sample rate knob...

:!!!:
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:46 am

The Sonic Reducer? While cool, the Robotum I just got is amazing when it comes to turning my guitar into lofi noise heaven. :!!!:

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:51 am

The Sonic Reducer sounds amazing. It's the subtility that really makes it so HNNNNGH-worthy. If the Robocum can sound similar, I'd be pleasantly surprised! :animal:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:48 am

Nah, it's not as subtle, I meant that it covers my visions of that type of sound, if that makes sense. So yeah, while the Sonic Reducer is cool, I'd rather have a Maestro clone. :idk:

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Fri Jan 01, 2016 1:49 pm

Hell, I think I'm going to build that Sonic Reducer just for the Dead Boys reference :rock:

and that Maestro sounds great Eivind! Apparently all the needed build info is on GGG. That's a good start. I need to look it over some more; it is pretty involved as you said.

Black Cat apparently made a clone a few years back?

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Fri Jan 01, 2016 2:19 pm

Awesome, dude. Yeah, Black Cat made one. Never seen it for sale anywhere though, might be few were made. Pretty sure the original LAL SPK is a modified clone as well.

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:44 pm

It's odd that they aren't made by anyone any more. Prob too niche for the amount of work involved. I can tell you now, it won't be cheap, if I can do it.

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:06 pm

Yeah, I expected that. Ring mods are seldomly cheap, and there aren't too many options out there. Well, send me a PM when you've got an estimate, if you want to do it, and we can talk. :)

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Jero » Sat Jan 02, 2016 11:38 pm

Ordered the Sonic Reducer pcb, as well as three others I think :wink:

Here's one from this morning

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rfurtkamp » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:57 am

Guy makes good stuff, I don't venture into shark tank land very much.

I have the boring ol "too many Devi pedals in one box TP/AE/05/DN/etc", it's served me well as a tabletop unit. Many squelches and weird shit to be had.
==
My pedalboard costs approximately 191 Metal Zones.

rfurtkamp

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jero » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:29 pm

Thanks for the kind words!

Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Stomping Stones