Moment Machine

Moderator: Teej212

Moment Machine

Postby njschneider2 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:43 pm

Super stoked for this pedal. Not a ton of info on it yet, but from Tom’s IG pic of the manual, looks like it’ll be a dual polyphonic pitch shifter with onboard presets. And it’s Cooper FX, so I just know it’ll sound rad! (Also, not sure if I’m allowed to start threads here, so please delete if that’s the case!)
njschneider2

involved
involved

Re: Moment Machine

Postby Benn Roe » Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:48 pm

It's just the AARP v2 with a new name, right? At some point, previews of the AARP v2 with a new fancy screen stopped, and previews of a new pedal with the same screen and very AARP-reminiscent artwork started up. I think it just evolved so much during development it warranted a new name.
Former Bands: Lazy Gaga, Kadis-kot, Pyramids, In First Person, the Holy Fucking Spirit, Take Down Your Art, A Petal Fallen
Benn Roe

experienced
experienced

Postby Teej212 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 12:18 pm

Benn Roe wrote: I think it just evolved so much during development it warranted a new name.

pretty much.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby thesneakup » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:50 am

The progress pics on your IG suggest that the release of this pedal could be near. Because the manual is complete (also suggested by IG), would you make it available to be studied well in advance of the sale date (i.e., soon)? I think that interested people who might have to plan a bit to spend a few hundred bucks at a time on recreation would benefit from being able to form the best idea about such a pedal's utility for their purposes.

Also, I'm sincerely curious: when the story of this pedal could be told in full now, why the persistent mystery about it? I guess I understand the anticipation of the "tease," but to me, it's just a frustrating game of peek-a-boo. If you packed each enclosure with a genuine Cooper turd, you'd still be guaranteed a sell-out, but I want to give a purchase like this all due consideration. Is it a sales gambit at work? Is there something incomplete or not finalized about the pedal at this stage? I don't get it, but I'd like to. (Make mine a non-turd model, thx.)
thesneakup

interested
interested

Postby jrfox92 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:42 am

thesneakup wrote:Also, I'm sincerely curious: when the story of this pedal could be told in full now, why the persistent mystery about it? I guess I understand the anticipation of the "tease," but to me, it's just a frustrating game of peek-a-boo. If you packed each enclosure with a genuine Cooper turd, you'd still be guaranteed a sell-out, but I want to give a purchase like this all due consideration. Is it a sales gambit at work? Is there something incomplete or not finalized about the pedal at this stage? I don't get it, but I'd like to. (Make mine a non-turd model, thx.)

Because some people are busy and can't be fucked to entertain constant prodding from pedal nerds that can never be satisfied with anything short of builders making their pedals completely open-source and giving everything away for free.
Tom's been planning this update for the last 3 years, IIRC. On top of releasing updated versions of the GenLoss and creating a third pedal, not to mention whatever's going on with his schooling/work, he's been constantly hounded by people who seem convinced he owes them a constant stream of new batches of his current pedals that should probably also be discounted for anyone with a Reddit account.
Since I always forget:

Inconuucl wrote:You can't kill Strymon, it'll just resurrect 3 days later.

BitchPudding wrote:Despite all my rage, I am still just eating tacos in a cage.

Inconuucl wrote:Welcome to ilf, we have three jokes and twelve posters. <3
jrfox92

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:24 am

I mean, those are fair questions to ask even if they seem slightly rude. That's the nature of business. I'm sure Tom has answers. I've yet to get a bad product from him and the tease thing is all across social media, so it's not just him obviously. Though I agree that I don't like that in general. Sometimes however it gives me time to get ready to buy.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Teej212 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 11:41 am

a majority of the info is out there. see aarp. If you want that then you will probably want this. if not, then you probably will not.

edit: frig it. here it is
Attachments
Cooper fx – Moment Machine.pdf
(259.24 KiB) Downloaded 358 times
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby coupleonapkins » Thu Nov 08, 2018 5:48 pm

:joy: :omg: :!!!: :omg: :joy:
Good morning!
coupleonapkins

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby affectperdals » Tue Nov 13, 2018 7:04 pm

mmmmhm, liking that manual!
affectperdals

committed
committed

Postby Teej212 » Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:38 pm

This will be for sale tomorrow:

2:00 pm CST (minneapolis time)

Demo coming in at 1:00 PM, an hour before going up for sale.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:18 pm

*tells non-existent assistant* Cancel my one o’clock and tell my two o’clock I’ll be a few minutes late.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby axdxm » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Man...you snooze you lose! Sold out in less than 5 mins! I didn't get one, but congrats to all that did. When you get yours, give us a good review!
axdxm

interested
interested

Postby whoismarykelly » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:11 pm

I kept refreshing after I completed my order and it was less than 3 minutes. Stoked to dig into this one!
whoismarykelly

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:13 pm

Got one! Pretty stoked. I've missed every other CFX offering until now.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:35 pm

Had one available but couldn’t hit the add to cart button under the shipping policy text!

Shikawkee- would happily give yours a home if it does t want to move to London :)
Last edited by fuzzisokiguess on Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Next

Return to Cooper fx