Moment Machine

Moderator: Teej212

Re: Moment Machine

Postby shikawkee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:48 pm

Teej212 wrote:so happy to see theyre rolling out!

so none of the presets are filled when you get the unit. When you load a preset you have nothing saved into, thats what happens - it just maxes out all the parameters.

The INIT button will bring all step parameters back to zero. It will not adjust the global, assignments, etc parameters. This is just so you can start modifying your step pattern from a blank slate.

EDIT: the manual has a lot of good info, and I would DEFINITELY suggest reading it as your digging in or preferably, before. Any questions you know where to reach me

Whatever mine was saved to in preset 1 was great (and then I messed it up! <g>)

Preset 2 is going insane but I dig it!!!
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Teej212 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:00 pm

oh yeah, thats right. When I was testing the units I saved a preset in slot 1. Thats the only one that should be filled!
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:08 pm

Teej212 wrote:oh yeah, thats right. When I was testing the units I saved a preset in slot 1. Thats the only one that should be filled!

Crap, it was cool. I messed it up. Maybe I didn't save it yet <g>. Nice job Tom. Great device. Except I'm gonna' lose hours here I think.
Singer-songwriter, composer and author. I also manufacture and distribute Gary Hall designed and endorsed Lexicon PCM42 mods. Owner of HOSAT Effects. BETA tester for Line 6 and Eventide.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Teej212 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:15 pm

Heres how I did it - just hold the RAND button for 2 seconds. Should get you something similar.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:17 pm

Teej212 wrote:Heres how I did it - just hold the RAND button for 2 seconds. Should get you something similar.

Sweet. I rebooted and I didn't save it but changed the sequence to random and the division to 3/2.
Sounds pretty awesome.

Kudos!!

(Still gonna' be burning a lot of time with this though!!! <g>)
Last edited by shikawkee on Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Teej212 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:30 pm

shikawkee wrote:(Still gonna' be burning a lot of time with this though!!! <g>)

thats the goal!! Enjoy :)
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:04 pm

Crap, just spent 45 minutes on a patch, thought I saved it but when I turned it back on a bit later it was gone. Dagnabbit. Gotta' read the manual again! <g>
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Teej212 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:25 pm

hold the save button until you see "PRESET X SAVE"
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:54 pm

Teej212 wrote:hold the save button until you see "PRESET X SAVE"

Yup. Uggghhh <g>. My bad.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Sat Dec 22, 2018 5:46 pm

anyone want to share presets? I’m going to read the whole manual but right now I’m just messing around. Got some really odd stuff going already.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby shikawkee » Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:35 pm

Jwar wrote:anyone want to share presets? I’m going to read the whole manual but right now I’m just messing around. Got some really odd stuff going already.

Man, that's a tough one with so many parameters but the best way I can think of is I'll shoot a video of my first six presets. There's a lot there to work with, especially with the secondary func switch stuff.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby shikawkee » Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:08 pm

BTW-Until I can make a video (crazy busy with a recording project that needs to be done by Jan. 1) here's a tip from Tom himself for warbly chorus:

"One thing you could do to get some of the warbles Knobs was getting is to select three steps one of them pitch set at 0, the other two pitches set at +/- 2 or so. Then turn up the portamento and the rate, set the direction to <-> and you will have a warbly chorus. Then momentary stuff, just select the MOM option on the footswitch control and maybe assign it to "P12" and choose whatever interval you want. Maybe throw in feedback on the second footswitch control."

It works great.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Teej212 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:29 am

If you’re just starting to figure it out another tip I suggest is selecting the scale that says 5&8 and turns the. Umber of steps to one. Then select p-1 to be randomized by “A”. Then just turn the mix down a little bit and start playing.

Also try running a sequence through an entire scale. For example select triad major then select 7 steps and pitch them in this way:

-12, -8, -5, 0, +4, ,+7, +12. Then set the direction to ping pong and the mult pretty high.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby fuzzisokiguess » Mon Dec 24, 2018 9:59 am

^whoa.

Would another description of the warbly chorus be a Magnatone vibrato maybe, since it’s being pitched up and down?
fuzzisokiguess

committed
committed

Postby shikawkee » Mon Dec 24, 2018 10:48 am

fuzzisokiguess wrote:^whoa.

Would another description of the warbly chorus be a Magnatone vibrato maybe, since it’s being pitched up and down?

Not to my ears. It's more beautifully wobbly and seasick to my ears. It's super cool.
shikawkee

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Cooper fx