Re: Cartridge Pedal

Postby oldangelmidnight » Fri May 05, 2017 10:03 am

Looks like Elta is making one, too.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Teej212 » Fri May 05, 2017 11:49 am

interesting. thanks for the heads up! looks like theyre going to be pretty different products though!
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed May 10, 2017 8:21 am

Are you calling it the REVEIVED?
NSFW: show
for easy reference:

good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
spacelordmother wrote:If Animal Collective plays a free show in the woods and I'm not there to hear it are they still so so so fucking awful? I would say yes.

Gone Fission wrote:Anyone who suggests Yankee Hotel Foxtrot for the cover band concept gets a demerit.

I was forced with remorse to learn the bassoon
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby jrmy » Wed May 10, 2017 9:22 am

To be fair, the DE Console wasn't the first to try this by a long shot - Electra did it in guitars with their MPC line back in the 70's, and Line 6 tried it with their Tonecore docking pedal (which was kind of a failure except for the fact that Red Panda launched with cartridges for that format). As with all things, the proof lies in the execution, and from what I've seen of Cooper's offerings in general and the snippets of this one spotted on IG, I'm pretty dang intrigued.

One design concern: for those of us who want to put these on live gigging boards, how protected will the cartridges be when they're inserted into the pedal base? Will there be breakable parts sticking out begging to be kicked, or exposed slots that people could dump beer into (I mean, beer being dumped on pedals is bad in general, but it seems if you've got a big entry point on the face of the pedal, it could be problematic).

Still: HIGHLY INTRIGUED.
I'm more like a mids-ist than a bassist.
- fide fuzz semper fidelis - ILF downtime 2011 & 2012 on FB veteran
"The main rule on ILF is don't be an asshole." - Tom Dalton
I can't wait to annoy the shit out of you with my mountain of mids. - bigchiefbc
I dunno if they keep my mojos and tone intact but idgaf - Brandsmannen
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Monument-Thief/330806743607751
http://crotchthrottle.bandcamp.com/
https://www.instagram.com/jrmyfuzz/
jrmy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby whoismarykelly » Wed May 31, 2017 1:18 pm

I imagine a major reason for not having multiple programs on a single card is the nightmare customer service issue of everyone wanting this or that custom list of programs in this or that specific order with this or that other custom feature thrown in. It would bog the builder down in managing low margin sales and service and keep them from building more units. On an 8-program card you would also lose track of which programs are on which card. Pedals like the Bitquest work because the programs are fixed and labeled on the box. Something like this gets very confusing when you're trying to remember which card has which program you want and in what slot. When its one program per unit its easy to build, sell, and ship them.
whoismarykelly

experienced
experienced

Postby vidret » Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:23 pm

hey teej

imo you should have a rotary for 8 programs, whether you choose to include them or not, since you're not the only one going this route.

if you don't include this there will be others to do it and you'll fall behind. I know I will for sure be interested if you do include it, but not if you don't.

(afaik there's 3 or more builders doing this exact thing, and more on the way)
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby rustywire » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:11 pm

:snax:
[B/S/Ts] :whoa: Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Happiness ... >pour a sip of something for twang & psyvam
D.o.S. wrote:you just gotta turn up more.
popvulture wrote:When it comes to riffs, nasty > tasty.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Teej212 » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:48 am

Thanks for your concern vidret but I'm still pretty sure I dont want to go that route for a few reasons I think I have already mentioned. I want to keep it in a 1590bb enclosure, keep all of the 7 controls that I have currently included, and focus on the individual patch rather than the patch set. I have no interest in burning custom cards for people which will inevitably be a constant request if there are 7 empty slots. Additionally I believe my unit will have some advantages over the others that will be available in terms of different types of effects and designers. I understand if you dont want to buy one for this reason but my goal isnt to make a product that appeals to everyone, its to make something that I think would be a great addition to the current market offerings.
Teej212

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jwar » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:21 pm

I WANT ONE!
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.
jwar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby vidret » Wed Jul 12, 2017 7:40 pm

Teej212 wrote:Thanks for your concern vidret but I'm still pretty sure I dont want to go that route for a few reasons I think I have already mentioned. I want to keep it in a 1590bb enclosure, keep all of the 7 controls that I have currently included, and focus on the individual patch rather than the patch set. I have no interest in burning custom cards for people which will inevitably be a constant request if there are 7 empty slots. Additionally I believe my unit will have some advantages over the others that will be available in terms of different types of effects and designers. I understand if you dont want to buy one for this reason but my goal isnt to make a product that appeals to everyone, its to make something that I think would be a great addition to the current market offerings.

aight, fair enough :thumb:
vidret

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Cooper fx