· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
Topic locked

Re: Outward - Time Stretch / Audio Sample and Hold

Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:29 pm

*screams

Wed Jul 12, 2017 11:16 pm

Last edited by Dandolin on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:33 am

Wait, email? I din' get no email.

Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:44 am

Last edited by Dandolin on Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 9:21 am

got one of these from oldangelmidnight. i've played with it for like 20 minutes but i adore it. here's a video of it with a volca fm - https://www.instagram.com/p/BWfx5aUjpHl/

Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:42 am

I still don't seem to really understand this pedal yet. :lol:
Does it do random buffer size and random pitch / direction too?

Fri Jul 14, 2017 11:59 am

If I understand it correctly, in STRETCH mode the buffer is always one second long.
It does not do random buffer size. You can adjust the size of the slices (slices? I don't know) of the buffer that are played back, which would be similar to grain size on the Particle, but it's not quite the same thing. The slices are played back linearly (i.e. they are always progressing, one step at a time). In STRETCH mode you can select whether the buffer plays forward, backward, or in a yoyo kind of way (forward-backward-forward-backward-etc.)

Let's try to make a visual example:

Here is the sample in the buffer:
YEAH BOY
You can choose the size of the slice. Let's set it to three characters (not an actual unit of measure). The first instance of buffer playback would look like this:
YEA
Playback then progresses through the buffer. In forward mode it would be:
YEA/EAH/AH /H B/ BO/BOY/OY /Y Y/ YE/YEA/etc.
In reverse mode I *think* it would be:
AEY/EY /Y Y/ YO/YOB/OB /B H/ HA/HAE/AEY/etc.

But you actually have much finer control over the size of the slice and the rate at which playback progresses through the buffer, so YEAH BOY could actually be super-long:
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAA/YYYYEEEEEAAAAAH/YYYEEEEEAAAAAHH/YYEEEEEAAAAAHHH/YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH/EEEEEAAAAAHHHHH/EEEEAAAAAHHHHH /EEEAAAAAHHHHH /EEAAAAAHHHHH /EAAAAAHHHHH /AAAAAHHHHH /AAAAHHHHH B/AAAHHHHH BB/AAHHHHH BBB/AHHHHH BBBB/HHHHH BBBBB/HHHH BBBBBO/HHH BBBBBOO/HH BBBBBOOO/H BBBBBOOOO/ BBBBBOOOOO/ BBBBBOOOOOY/ BBBBBOOOOOYY/ BBBBBOOOOOYYY/ BBBBBOOOOOYYYY/BBBBBOOOOOYYYYY/etc.

Well. That's probably confusing & very well may be a bunch of disinformation, so. Feel free to correct or slander me for wasting my time and yours.

Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:40 pm

damnableman wrote:If I understand it correctly, in STRETCH mode the buffer is always one second long.
It does not do random buffer size. You can adjust the size of the slices (slices? I don't know) of the buffer that are played back, which would be similar to grain size on the Particle, but it's not quite the same thing. The slices are played back linearly (i.e. they are always progressing, one step at a time). In STRETCH mode you can select whether the buffer plays forward, backward, or in a yoyo kind of way (forward-backward-forward-backward-etc.)

Let's try to make a visual example:

Here is the sample in the buffer:
YEAH BOY
You can choose the size of the slice. Let's set it to three characters (not an actual unit of measure). The first instance of buffer playback would look like this:
YEA
Playback then progresses through the buffer. In forward mode it would be:
YEA/EAH/AH /H B/ BO/BOY/OY /Y Y/ YE/YEA/etc.
In reverse mode I *think* it would be:
AEY/EY /Y Y/ YO/YOB/OB /B H/ HA/HAE/AEY/etc.

But you actually have much finer control over the size of the slice and the rate at which playback progresses through the buffer, so YEAH BOY could actually be super-long:
YYYYYEEEEEAAAAA/YYYYEEEEEAAAAAH/YYYEEEEEAAAAAHH/YYEEEEEAAAAAHHH/YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH/EEEEEAAAAAHHHHH/EEEEAAAAAHHHHH /EEEAAAAAHHHHH /EEAAAAAHHHHH /EAAAAAHHHHH /AAAAAHHHHH /AAAAHHHHH B/AAAHHHHH BB/AAHHHHH BBB/AHHHHH BBBB/HHHHH BBBBB/HHHH BBBBBO/HHH BBBBBOO/HH BBBBBOOO/H BBBBBOOOO/ BBBBBOOOOO/ BBBBBOOOOOY/ BBBBBOOOOOYY/ BBBBBOOOOOYYY/ BBBBBOOOOOYYYY/BBBBBOOOOOYYYYY/etc.

Well. That's probably confusing & very well may be a bunch of disinformation, so. Feel free to correct or slander me for wasting my time and yours.

ah, yes

Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:40 am

I got to fondle one briefly at NAMM. Gibe nao, pls.

Sat Jul 15, 2017 1:43 pm

damnableman wrote:Well. That's probably confusing & very well may be a bunch of disinformation, so. Feel free to correct or slander me for wasting my time and yours.

Most coherent description I have read so far actually. Even more aroused for this now

Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:00 am

The Eristic wrote:I got to fondle one briefly at NAMM. Gibe nao, pls.

wtf where?

Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:29 pm

Eric! wrote:
The Eristic wrote:I got to fondle one briefly at NAMM. Gibe nao, pls.

wtf where?

One of the big stompbox exhibit things. Can't remember which of the two. Had an Outward and Gen Loss.

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:05 pm

These are up for sale!

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:17 pm

Outward inbound! Emoticon!!

Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:41 pm

:idk:
Last edited by Dandolin on Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Topic locked