-hipass cutoff
-gen - controls sample rate
-span - intensity of tape warble
-speed
-clean blend

Current draw ~125 mA

thanks UC!

thanks Strangetales!
Last edited by Teej212 on Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:40 pm, edited 24 times in total.

Re: VHS simulator

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:03 pm

dope! i think compression is key to the VHS sound. maybe some filters or EQ curve? random warble too
maybe a tape drag knob or button (to simulate a hand poking and manipulating the tape as it plays)
slow down, speed up maybe too or something for like garbled your vcr is eating your tape sounds?
EP/LP extended play mode?

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:19 pm

I agree with the compression, but have it on a toggle switch so you can choose if you want it or not.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 12:21 pm

Strange Tales wrote:I agree with the compression, but have it on a toggle switch so you can choose if you want it or not.

yea that would be a good idea. or like a compression knob so u can dial in the amount and all the way down is essentially off.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 1:49 pm

White noise from Dirty heads

Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:00 pm

Personally for me it'd have to play this every time you turn it on, otherwise the vibe just wouldn't be there.

Wed Nov 25, 2015 4:40 pm

A laserdisc toggle that teleports me to a 55 year old man's basement.

But really though, those other guys have it covered. Since I dig the AARP so much, I'm very interested to see what you end up creating :snax:

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:50 pm

something something Cronenberg switch something something new flesh something something sound of James Wood shooting it but then the pedal is actually James Woods and the tape becomes part of his body something something

Wed Nov 25, 2015 5:59 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:Personally for me it'd have to play this every time you turn it on, otherwise the vibe just wouldn't be there.

NSFW: show

Goddamn that takes me back. All those Star Trek VHS tapes my dad used to have.

This is something I could get behind. The pedal that is.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Ok great thoughts in here. What about but crushing? Do you guys not think that's important to the sound? When I try to simulate this effect on DAWS I always add some light crushing.

Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Hehe, butt crushing

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:27 am

:lol: Whoops....*bit

Fri Nov 27, 2015 1:44 pm

I don't associate but crushing with vhs. Reduced bandwidth yeah... Then again it's been 15 years since I played a vhs so ...

But I like bit crushing (and love sample rate reduction) so I don't really care if it doesn't sound vhs to me. Get it in there!!!

This pedal has the potential to be insanely cool. Especially if it looks like a vhs cassette...

Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:30 pm

Tie the bit crushing to a momentary "freeze" stomp, have it ramp in the degradation the longer you hold down the switch. Like how that one spot on the VHS tape would always be shittier than the rest of the movie because you left it paused there for too long...

Fri Nov 27, 2015 10:14 pm

fever606 wrote:Tie the bit crushing to a momentary "freeze" stomp, have it ramp in the degradation the longer you hold down the switch. Like how that one spot on the VHS tape would always be shittier than the rest of the movie because you left it paused there for too long...

:idea:
Topic locked