Jasmine Boost

Moderator: facelessfx

Jasmine Boost

Postby facelessfx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:10 pm

Click here to buy in the UK and Europe

Click here to buy in Australia

More dealers to come...

About:

The Jasmine Boost is a signal booster for guitar and bass, based on a unique three stage, all discrete FET design.

The boost stages allow the Gain control to take your signal from totally clean boost - using the Level control to push the front end of your amp - up to varying levels of transistor distortion, with the frequency response tailored by the Tone control. There is no hard diode clipping. All dirt is generated by the transistor stages; due to the circuit tyoe and FET gain stages, it is soft, giving a very musical sounding distortion.

The Jasmine is designed to distort only when pushed hard. When it distorts, it does so in a very "amp-like" way. I tried to avoid that buzzword, but in this case it is true. It is described best as adding some "grit" and it is very much dependent on how hard you hit it with your guitar's signal. You can think of the Jasmine as being an extra valve (or "tube") amplifier before your amp.

To add to the pedal's versatility, it can be used as a high impedance buffer, or a DI tone shaping or preamp device for guitar or bass. For an example of this ability please watch JustNick's video below.
These uses can be achieved by dialing down the Gain and setting the Tone control to flat. The Level control is then used to match your clean signal.

Each Jasmine is built into a hand-etched enclosure with a brushed finish. It features a soft-touch, almost clickless bypass stomp.

The Jasmine:
- The sounds of classic treble boosters of the past
- Full range clean/dirty boost
- Bass boost
- Separate modes for guitar and bass
- High impedance buffer functionality
- Up to 30dB of gain (@1kHz, powered from 9V)
- DI preamp and tone shaper
- Almost silent soft switching
- True bypass
- Can be run from 9V up to 18V for increased headroom

Controls:
'Level' control dictates the output level, or volume of the pedal.
'Gain' control alters the gain of one transistor stage, from clean boost to a very musical crunch.
'Tone' control has a flat frequency response at noon (50%). Turned fully clockwise to the right, treble frequencies are boosted and bass frequencies are cut. Turned fully anticlockwise to the left, bass frequencies are boosted and treble frequencies are cut.
'A/B' switch alters the frequency and gain response of the pedal. Mode 'A' can be thought of as the pedal's "A game". 'B' *could* stand for Bass - high frequencies are attenuated, gain structure is altered, more bass frequencies are passed.

An epic video from JustNick, which covers just about everything I could have hoped for. Well worth 20+ mins. But I would say that.

Last edited by facelessfx on Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
My Shark Tank:

viewforum.php?f=264
facelessfx

involved
involved

Re: Jasmine Boost

Postby facelessfx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 2:19 pm

image.jpg
image.jpg (140.45 KiB) Viewed 24439 times
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (115.18 KiB) Viewed 24424 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (135.25 KiB) Viewed 24439 times
Last edited by facelessfx on Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Shark Tank:

viewforum.php?f=264
facelessfx

involved
involved

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:22 pm

These enclosures are gorgeous! Great job with the graphic and clean etch. :thumb:
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby facelessfx » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:27 pm

monkeydancer wrote:These enclosures are gorgeous! Great job with the graphic and clean etch. :thumb:

Thanks! It takes way too long to do, but I prefer it over any other graphic technique.

I can't take credit for the original design though. That was by the mighty Weird Beard/WB72. If you don't know who he is, check him out! He makes posters, has produced the graphics for a rather well known pedal company, and is an all round good bloke.
My Shark Tank:

viewforum.php?f=264
facelessfx

involved
involved

Return to faceless fx