New Pedals x4

Moderator: mysteriousj

Re: New Pedals x4

Postby Strange Tales » Wed Oct 26, 2016 8:51 am

I'm really interested in these new ARP settings. I don't need another In Limbo, but I might need another one.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Inconuucl » Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:13 am

That powdercoat finish on the small In Limbo just made my gas that much greater. :drool:
Le Ciel Inconnu (I was a whale once.)
NSFW: show
Chankgeez wrote:We should have a game show à la Name That Tune

Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 5 pedals.
other contestant: I can shoegaze that tune with 4 pedals.
Inconuucl: I can shoegaze that tune with 3 pedals.
other contestant: OK, shoegaze that tune!
Inconuucl: :!!!:
Inconuucl

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mysteryroach » Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:20 pm

Hi, if at all possible, can you let me know the voltage/current-draw requirements of the CV Generator and The Thing. Also, will either strictly require isolation, or can they be daisy chained without too much introduced noise? (I guess YMMV when it comes to this - different combinations etc and things to consider). I notice the CV Generator has a digital interface, so I'm not sure what the deal is with daisy-chaining pedals that aren't "digital" in the sense that they make the signal digital but have digital components (e.g. interface, or stuff like the Chase Bliss pedals) - I'm not sure if I need to worry about these things (e.g. like I have to worry about, for example, daisy-chaining a Strymon or other proper digital pedal).

Basically, my situation is I'm currently trying to figure out my power requirements for a massive pedalboard I'm putting together, which will determine whether I sell my Ciokolate and buy a Yankee, keep the Ciokolate and buy a 2nd smaller CIOKS, or keep the Ciokolate and just use that. That will also determine the length of a pedalriser for a pedalboard I'm going to buy off NYCPedalboards soon, and need to pull the trigger on ASAP (it's been pushed back for a long long time). The Yankee will require a custom height, and I also don't want to just assume I'll be getting a 2nd CIOKS and make it be longer than it needs to be, as I've already got 2 21'inch risers spanning the length, and this one will be going down the board in the remaining space on the right side. So want there to be as much "non-riser" space in front-right corner as possible. I'd rather buy it all on the same order, as it's shipping to New Zealand, and will be expensive to make another order. I guess I can get a riser made in country, but will be better/smarter if it's made by the same people. I've had issues with sourcing cheap velcro here (NYCpedalboards are velcro loop covered), so it will be expensive to have a consistent style of riser even if I DIY.

Anyway, please let me know asap. Been a nightmare sorting out the pedalboard. This peice of gear effects that peice of gear which effects something else which effects another thing which also effects this and that which effects the first thing, which kinda effects the 2nd thing etc etc etc. My brain is exploding. Serves me right trying to create a veritible behemoth from scratch (rather than build on it slowly), and going through the gear learning process at the same time.
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:13 am

I believe, sir, you are yet to familiarise yourself with one of the most important and foremost principles of ILF, that of BUY IT. GIVE A SHIT LATER.
WWPD?
fcknoise wrote:You are all fucking tryhard effort posting nerds

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Jesus Was a Robot wrote:Did you just assume Billy Corgan's dildo preference??
Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mysteryroach » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:34 am

Iommic Pope wrote:I believe, sir, you are yet to familiarise yourself with one of the most important and foremost principles of ILF, that of BUY IT. GIVE A SHIT LATER.

LOL, if my post is any indication, clearly I could definitely stand to benefit from applying that principle - would save a lot of headaches from obsessing over choices.

But doing that has already landed me in trouble for a number of things. E.g. my stereo wet/dry VanAmps reverbamate, whilst sounds awesome, has posed practical problems for the signal chain and for power-supply requirements. I should have thought about that one more (Gotten a SoleMate with 9VDC option, or a Uverbia, which I've recently started GASing over). And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

It's coming together nicely though. Will post pics once it's all put together.
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:03 am

Please do!
Sorry man, we are quick with the grief around here.
But it sounds like you have some pretty big endeavours in motion, so we are always keen to support our fuzzrority on that. :hug:
WWPD?

Invisible Man wrote:I'm probably the most humble person I know. I feel good about smelling my own butthole.

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mysteriousj » Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:37 am

@mysterroach

Hey! Sounds like you've got something pretty rad planned.

About the power consumption. These are only rough estimates TBC, the sequencer shouldn't be too power heavy and 100ma @9V should be all good. The Thing may require a bit more, there's a bunch of electronics in there but it should be under 200ma (I reckon it'd be something like 120ma). Also if it does help both should be able to run @15 or 18V DC - so if you were short of 9V outputs you can use those higher voltage outputs.

With my delays I usually have it in the manual to avoid daisy chaining, these may not be so picky but it's hard to say. The delays have clock signals that go into the audio range and so are a bit more likely to cause issues than other pedals.

Also just an update on these... I've got buttons especially made to fit which should be turning up in a couple days.Getting the fixed graphics pcbs next week. A few software features to add but getting close..
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby mysteryroach » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:53 am

"Sorry man, we are quick with the grief around here."
haha that's alright dw

"Also if it does help both should be able to run @15 or 18V DC - so if you were short of 9V outputs you can use those higher voltage outputs."
That may help a lot actually. What about 12V DC? My 18V is full. But I got a barely used 600mA 15V and a 400mA 12V that could use some more pedals (if they play nice with the others).
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby mysteriousj » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:23 pm

Yep yep yep. Anything between 9 to 18V DC is fine.
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby PeteeBee » Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:28 am

Mighty curious about the baby limbo. How do I actually go about ordering one? Sorry if I missed that, they're just not on your site.
Iommic Pope wrote:This is the best you've been.
Suffering suits you.

BitchPudding wrote:Let this be written in our history as proof that ILoveFuzz is one tight knit internet family.
PeteeBee

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mysteriousj » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:14 pm

PeteeBee wrote:Mighty curious about the baby limbo. How do I actually go about ordering one? Sorry if I missed that, they're just not on your site.

At the moment it's probably just best to flick me a pm to reserve one. I'm working on getting half the batch finished at the moment, aiming to have them ready in about two weeks.
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby hotknife » Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:50 pm

Any Limbo III owners able to speak on the "New ARP modes, on trigger auto detection and new pitch shifts" updates? :drool:
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced

Postby TheTransient » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:34 am

The thingy and CV generator are not things I would even know how to use. as for the delays, I have a Limbo 1 and 2 already, so I am not sure I need a 3, whether compact or big box. I mean, multitap is cool, but dont know if its different enough to justify buying one.

Might hold out for the next batch of stuff and see what you come out with next ;)
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby Iommic Pope » Fri Nov 11, 2016 2:36 am

hotknife wrote:Any Limbo III owners able to speak on the "New ARP modes, on trigger auto detection and new pitch shifts" updates? :drool:

Yeah.
They're weird.
WWPD?

Iommic Pope

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hotknife » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:27 am

Iommic Pope wrote:
hotknife wrote:Any Limbo III owners able to speak on the "New ARP modes, on trigger auto detection and new pitch shifts" updates? :drool:

Yeah.
They're weird.

Whoa. Are they that different from the previous Limbos? Interesting.
#reversereverbintoprofit #ambientflippershark
hotknife

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Eightytape