LIMBO II

Moderator: mysteriousj

Re: LIMBO II

Postby Dungus » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:44 am

Sneaky!

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby mysteriousj » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:32 am

:cool:
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby TheTransient » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:40 am

:hello:
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby Willem » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:23 am

mysteriousj wrote:
Ruiner wrote:Just found out about this.... a little too late it seems since they're all sold out on the site.

Any plans on more going up soon? I'd love to place an order if so.

Yeah there is, I've just been drip feeding them out slowly. There's still about five or so Limbo IIs in this run left. There's one Limbo I left too(maybe? a few people emailed me about it..so as long as they don't nab it).

Should be a couple Limbo IIs up tomorrow.

I've emailed you. Unfortunatly I was 50 bucks too short on my budget but I'll definetly keep an eye on the next batches. :snax:
Fuzzonaut about the RM-1N:
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Postby mysteriousj » Sat Nov 21, 2015 6:49 am

All good, as of now there's still a couple Limbo IIs left which I'll be finishing off next week. If anyone is interested it's probably best to just pm/email.
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby mysteriousj » Sun Dec 06, 2015 5:38 am

Last two units up on the site. One of the older versions up too.
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby Dungus » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:43 pm

Holy crap. Got my Limbo II. It's a really beautiful pedal, feature packed. thanks very much!

I cordially invite you to fuck right off and let the rest of us talk about music like adults.- dubkitty
Dungus

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:47 pm

I'd love to order a Limbo II but there still seems to be no demo available anywhere so I have no clue what it sounds like compared to the Limbo that was part of the tourbox.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mysteriousj » Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:02 am

Tristan wrote:I'd love to order a Limbo II but there still seems to be no demo available anywhere so I have no clue what it sounds like compared to the Limbo that was part of the tourbox.

Yeah :lol: I just really hate doing demos. I sent one over to Mr Excane a couple months back so he should have one up soon hopefully. Lee at Lightning Bear is also working on one. I uploaded some really simple tests of the I vs II on soundcloud. To me sonically there's not much of a difference at all, the circuit is mostly identical to the mk1. There have been a few tweaks which improve things since I sent out the tourboxes way back (to both versions). https://soundcloud.com/80tape
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby Tristan » Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:34 am

Sounds great!
So the Limbo has the NOS chips and the Limbo II the new ones?
In that case the difference indeed isn't that big in this circuit I'd say.
Sorry, I'm really dumb sometimes with those powering questions, but I'd be able to run it on 240V as well right?
If so you can consider it sold, if you still have one available.
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ruiner » Thu Dec 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Got mine yesterday and i'm completely blown away. I have about 25 delays and this has quickly jumped up to the top end of that list. I bought it for the ARP mode and it's one of the most fun settings i've ever played on a pedal. Beyond that i was blown away by the quality of the repeats and the chorus/vibrato section. So many great features, such great sound, ARP!!! and such a reasonable price. Can't recommend it enough already.

Had a brief moment playing with the ARP setting last night and this is what it sounds like (at least on one of the settings) for those interested:

https://soundcloud.com/ruiner-6/limbo-ii-delay-test
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby mysteriousj » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:04 pm

Tristan wrote:Sounds great!
So the Limbo has the NOS chips and the Limbo II the new ones?
In that case the difference indeed isn't that big in this circuit I'd say.
Sorry, I'm really dumb sometimes with those powering questions, but I'd be able to run it on 240V as well right?
If so you can consider it sold, if you still have one available.

240V??? Both versions run off standard 9V now, needs about ~150ma. It's probably best to use an isolated output and not daisy chain but that's about all there is to it.

Still two up on the store. Yeah so the first version uses NOS MN3008, the II uses reissue V3205.

Ruiner wrote:Got mine yesterday and i'm completely blown away.

Rad! Thanks for the kind words :)
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby Strange Tales » Thu Dec 10, 2015 2:53 pm

Really hope these don't sell before I sell off a pedal. Ruiner's little clip there completely sold it for me.
木枯らし // 木漏れ日 // 風に綱は戦ぐ

Strange Tales Distro - Japanese Underground Music Distribution in the US

Invisible Man wrote:Strange Tales: putting the ‘weeb’ in ‘dweeb’ since whenever.
Strange Tales

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ruiner » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:03 pm

Made a song in 30 minutes during my lunch break demoing the Limbo II delay. All delay and chorus effects are from the Limbo.

Wow! This thing is just inspiring all around. Can't wait to have more time to do something proper!

https://soundcloud.com/ruiner-6/limbo-demo
Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Ruiner » Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:10 pm

Did a quick one to try this whole thing out.

I don't know how to get the audio to sync to the video when cutting snippets so it's just one long take... that'll change when i figure out how to cut both the audio and video at the same time in iMovie (if you know let me know!). Also, it's just a bunch of random notes and stuff... future ones will have a little more substance and emphasis on playing. i think it does a good job at showing different settings and how it sounds though.

Next one will cut this down into just the good parts and also add OD and reverb pairings at the end.

Ruiner

IAMILF
IAMILF

PreviousNext

Return to Eightytape