Future Plans

Moderator: mysteriousj

What would you like me to design?

LIMBO II - Multi Tap, longer delay time, better CV control, top mounted jacks, trails?
9%
Another Delay - Maybe simpler cheaper?
5%
Sequencer - finish the CV sequencer
19%
Through Zero Flanger?
19%
Chorus/Vibrato?
12%
Make a cool Tremolo.
9%
RingMod?
9%
A digitized fuzz which can save presets?
19%

Total votes : 58

Re: Future Plans

Postby mysteriousj » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:07 am

Getting close on this one, a few little tweaks I want to make but pretty happy with all the hardware now. Planning to add in a Clean(blend) control and that's about it, maybe a tone bypass to complete it.

If you're wondering what the heck is it? It's a digitally controlled fuzz, it's still analog but just controlled digitally. The attack and decay can be used for swells or act as a gate. There's an expression input which you can use to control almost any knob. Presets can be saved and reloaded.

These proto versions have a sequencer so you can tap in a a tempo and it'll run through the presets but I'll probably cut this as after playing with it I'm not too sure how musically useful it is :facepalm:
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby DRodriguez » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:14 am

mysteriousj wrote:These proto versions have a sequencer so you can tap in a a tempo and it'll run through the presets but I'll probably cut this as after playing with it I'm not too sure how musically useful it is :facepalm:

Honestly, I find that idea intriguing, especially if you add a tap division/multiplier control. But it would probably be more useful if you have a way to toggle how many presets to sequence through.

But then again, I am a fan of over complicated setups.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mysteriousj » Mon Apr 25, 2016 8:36 am

Yeah I have it so you can select how many of the presets to run through with the tactile switches. It's kinda fun sequencing the tone control. I think what kind of messes everything up at the moment is I load in the attack/decay/gate settings and then things get weird if they change between presets but I could just use the "current settings"(what's on the pots) instead.
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby TheTransient » Wed May 25, 2016 10:48 pm

Just in case people didn't see it in the Limbo II thread, I got my trem the other day :!!!:

Keep making rad pedals like this and I will probably keep buying them! So what's next Myster J? :poke:
TheTransient

committed
committed

Postby doralin » Mon May 30, 2016 8:09 am

Is the fuzz memory sold out? Or does anyone feel like flipping one over?
PM please, thanks!
doralin

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Mon May 30, 2016 8:48 am

Did it actually exist??? I didn't think it was done??
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon May 30, 2016 8:48 am

Did it actually exist??? I didn't think it was done??
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby doralin » Tue May 31, 2016 9:22 am

jwar wrote:Did it actually exist??? I didn't think it was done??

No idea if a production one came out of the one on the previous page.

Was hoping that there was one left over from the couple available but no luck I'm guessing haha..
Would really like a fuzz factory with presets tbh
doralin

committed
committed

Postby mysteriousj » Tue May 31, 2016 4:44 pm

Yeah they're a bit of a prototype there's five or six floating around mostly in NZ. They're really just a bit of a prototype.

Just waiting to sell off the trems/delays before the eventual successor comes into production..
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby Kev77 » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:15 am

Your killing me with the anticipation,,,,, did you ever do any thing with that analogogue delay unit with the 8 chips?
Kev77

interested
interested

Postby goosekevin » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:21 pm

are there any demos around for the tremolo? love the feature set and am seriously considering....
Derelict78 wrote:That probably sounds awful in the best possible way.
goosekevin

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mysteriousj » Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:30 am

Kev77 wrote:Your killing me with the anticipation,,,,, did you ever do any thing with that analogogue delay unit with the 8 chips?

If it ever happens it'll be this month. Got new boards to fix the last couple of issues, was hoping to fire them up last week but ran out of time.

goosekevin wrote:are there any demos around for the tremolo? love the feature set and am seriously considering....

Yeah I've just done my synth demos for the moment. One is on it's way to Living Room Demos https://www.youtube.com/user/conradtiss but it'll be a couple weeks before that gets done at least. I'll try and record some guitar ones later next week.

mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby mysteryroach » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:27 pm

Have you started working on that CV Sequencer again yet? What type of features were you planning for it?
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby mysteriousj » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:19 am

mysteryroach wrote:Have you started working on that CV Sequencer again yet? What type of features were you planning for it?

Yes! I have been doing a lot of work on this lately. I'm hoping to get them finished by the end of the month. Just in the middle of sorting out mounting the display which is a little tricky.

So you have a series of steps - up to 16. For each step you can assign a CV level/ or LFO waveshape, the subdivision/duration, number of repeats and some scaling features. There'll be a bunch of presets, two separate CV Outs which can both be independently configured, MIDI input, ext tap and a display.

I also managed to fit it in a 1590BB, with top mounted jacks, my old versions were huge 1790ns.
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby TheTransient » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:15 pm

Anything new in the works?
TheTransient

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Eightytape