R&D

Moderator: mysteriousj

R&D

Postby mysteriousj » Sat Jul 05, 2014 12:44 am

8-Step CV controller. Unlike the EHX 8 step etc the idea is it can also output an LFO for each step it's also got 2x Outputs, 1x Ext Tap, presets and MIDI in. Just done the initial programming everything is up and running but going to be a bit of a mission to finish up.

Another delay prototype. Slightly longer delay time ~800-900ms clean using 12*MN3007 which is a little crazy. The 3rd jack is to work with the above CV controller. So you can sequence delay times with the controller. Seems to work pretty good so far, still early days though.

mysteriousj

committed
committed

Re: R&D

Postby goroth » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:02 am

Woah. Both look rad!
Can you use the cv one with a regular expression jack?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby AxAxSxS » Sat Jul 05, 2014 1:10 am

I wanna learn how to do this so bad. Many classes in my future. Fucking rad.
Band=InfiniteFlux Flux on Bandcamp
"Ingenuity comes in the face of adversity, and nobody ever becomes a legend by following the rules set by society" -A.A.
Corey Y wrote:it's not obsessive gear hoarding. ;)

Infinite Flux full sets and demo's on youtube
whiskey_face wrote:that girl can fucking hit lemme tell you :love: :lol:

https://infiniteflux.bandcamp.com/
AxAxSxS

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mysteriousj » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:46 am

goroth wrote:Woah. Both look rad!
Can you use the cv one with a regular expression jack?

Do you mean as an input to the CV controller? For the final version I could make it so one of the jacks is switch able via a dip switch. So you can set it up as a few different things. Expression in for rate might be cool? Every time I think of a new feature I think ohhhhh nooo another thing to program in :lol:

For the delay anyway I'd definitely want to add exp. I've got room for 5 jacks at the top on a 1790NS case. So should have room for a Send/Return and CV/EXP input.

Or did you mean will it work with expression pedal inputs? It will but only if the pedal supports 0-5V CV.

AxAxSxS wrote:I wanna learn how to do this so bad. Many classes in my future. Fucking rad.

Thanks man, as boring as uni was at times it can be pretty useful when you actually get a chance to make stuff. :)
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby univalve » Sat Jul 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Super awesome stuff. Like Reading my mind what i want ("Need" would be a Bit over the Top...)!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Sat Jul 05, 2014 4:57 pm

I didn't actually mean that, but your interpretation was cooler, so um, yeah, that's what I meant :)

What I wanted to ask us is if it will work with pedals that don't accept cv, just normal expression input. Like a moog ep-2. Or am I just showing a lack if understanding with what cv is? Can you use an ep-2 as a cv controller?
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby mysteriousj » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:43 pm

Unfortunately not but can depend. It outputs a voltage while expression inputs work through a resistive divider. Some pedals accept EXP and CV on the same input though. They work by having +5V on the ring, then when an expression pedal is attached it picks up the +5V and can then sweep 0 - 5V onto the tip(through the divider). It will then work like a regular CV input too as the CV just attached to the tip.

You'd have to check the manual of the pedal in question, if it's a digital effect most of them are CV and EXP. If it's old school and analog it probably won't work.
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Sat Jul 05, 2014 8:44 pm

Thanks for the explanation :)

Spotify /// Apple Music
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:04 pm

I think id like to buy that 12 x mn3007 delay pedal out of sheer principal that you got it working
I remember it being scoffed at as a viable idea over at another forum....

just... WOW
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby multi_s » Thu Nov 27, 2014 1:43 am

:snax:
multi_s

IAMILF
IAMILF

Return to Eightytape