IN LIMBO

Moderator: mysteriousj

Re: IN LIMBO

Postby Jwar » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:56 pm

I'm going out of town on Saturday for an entire week! If I don't here from next dude, should I send it to Wes?
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby mysteriousj » Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:47 pm

I think that's the plan, I'll just give Wes a pm right now...
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:21 pm

Fuck yeah! :!!!:

Today will be a good day. Thanks for the stickers, button and sweets, Robin! :animal:

Am I the last person on the EU tour? If so, please let me know where to ship it when I'm done making sweet love to it.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby univalve » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:16 pm

You are welcome!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mysteriousj » Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:50 pm

I've been meaning to do an update on this for a while, but been busy with exams and uni...

Thanks to everyone who joined in on the tourbox, I've put a compilation of the youtube demos on the first page. I hope I can do one again soon but next time there will definitely be more than one pedal.

I'm just finishing up building the LIMBO II prototypes. I'll have a demo coming up soon. I'm pretty happy with the specs on this, it will definitely be the last analog delay I design.

The improvements over the first version are:

Longer delay time, 900ms vs 550ms.
Instead of just a delay level knob, there is also a dry level knob (which means you can cut the dry to get true vibrato etc.)
Delay and Vibrato/Chorus/Flanger Modes- A normal analog delay has a minimum delay time which is far too big to work as a proper vibrato or flanger. I've added a mode switch which shortens the delay time to less than 2 ms so you can get some proper vibrato and flanger sounds.
EXT tap and a CV/EXP jack - lots of people wanted the ext tap jack so there ya go!
Gain knob - this only effects the delayed signal.
Top mounted jacks. Slightly larger case 1790NS.
Two modulation shapes and ARP mode again.
Standard 9V DC

Heaps of other stuff has been going on too. Mostly finished the code for the sequencer. Finished a trem. Finished the memory fuzz. Just need to get some graphics sorted for those projects now..
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby skullservant » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:56 pm

Oh yes
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Thu Feb 19, 2015 10:11 pm

Wow, speechless, any words on price and availability?
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby mysteriousj » Fri Feb 20, 2015 5:14 am

At the moment the trem and fuzz are a bit higher on my priority list so I'm spending more time finishing them off.. it will be at least 1-2months away unfortunately.

Also, I've been meaning to post this for ages. My friend (goes by Spruce Moose on this forum) recorded this. There's some sampling of the limbo delay in there on arp mode, there's also a few plugin delays as well though. He also builds really rad pedals too which you can check out here https://www.facebook.com/lightningbear.nz

mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:16 pm

Ok so I have to ask. Is there a certain 18v ma requirement for this guy? Right now I'm running it at 18v 200 ma and it's a bit noisy. Like it can get almost unusable. Weird.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby mysteriousj » Mon Feb 23, 2015 6:46 am

I measured a little under 100ma @ 15V, so It shouldn't be a current draw problem. Are you daisy chaining/not using an isolated output?
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 am

mysteriousj wrote:I measured a little under 100ma @ 15V, so It shouldn't be a current draw problem. Are you daisy chaining/not using an isolated output?

OH! It's 15v? That's the problem then. I was running it at 18v. haha. Probably too much for it. I use all isolated. My chain is acting weird as hell lately. Having a PT Pro is such a pain in the ass sometimes.

So it can ONLY run on 15v? I know you linked 18v supplies. Don't want to jack it up. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby Jwar » Mon Feb 23, 2015 10:22 am

mysteriousj wrote:I measured a little under 100ma @ 15V, so It shouldn't be a current draw problem. Are you daisy chaining/not using an isolated output?

OH! It's 15v? That's the problem then. I was running it at 18v. haha. Probably too much for it. I use all isolated. My chain is acting weird as hell lately. Having a PT Pro is such a pain in the ass sometimes.

So it can ONLY run on 15v? I know you linked 18v supplies. Don't want to jack it up. :)

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby mysteriousj » Mon Feb 23, 2015 3:14 pm

Yeah 18V is fine, I just remembered the draw @15V but just can't remember it @18V off the top of my head (but it shouldn't be significantly different). It gets regulated so even up to 30+V is okay. Maybe it doesn't like the ripple or something of that supply.
mysteriousj

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Fri Feb 27, 2015 9:37 am

Mmmmm that short delay switch seems awesome for resonant delays. External cv/tap in is awesome too!
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby TheGuacamoleXplosion » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:33 am

Bought a used in Limbo recently. Great pedal, here’s my demo:

TheGuacamoleXplosion

uncommitted
uncommitted

PreviousNext

Return to Eightytape