There were a lot of pitfalls along the way, but production is now underway.
Final build details:
• Circuit is Based on the Mossrite Fuzzrite
• SS9013 Low-Gain Silicon Transistors (hFE ~100)
• Internal DIP Switch Bank for Modern or Vintage Tone Selection (input and output cap)
• Modern Components for Quiet Operation and Tight Tolerances
• Overkill power filtering and added RF-rejection filtering on the input (quiet!)• Adjustable LED brightness (NEW!)
• Top Mounted Jacks
• 125B Enclosure Size
• Lifetime Support (if it breaks, we will fix it; some charges *may* apply in some situations...ask if you're curious)
• Comes with fun and stylish cloth bag with 424 logo stamped on it!
Pricing: $135 ($10 price drop from projected price)
Shipping: $5 US / $10 International
I'm working on a clip, but frankly there are already a ton of good examples of the general tone out there. In the "vintage" cap selection mode, it's trebly and spitty and classic-nasty; the modern setting is a bit more well rounded and can get some hints of octave up with the neck pickup and playing high on the fretboard (more bass friendly).
Here are some pics: