What pedals would you like to see 424 produce?

Moderator: culturejam

Re: What pedals would you like to see 424 produce?

Postby KaosCill8r » Mon Jul 28, 2014 4:48 am

Joe Gress wrote:
Chankgeez wrote:"Noise addition
Noise (hiss, rumble, etc) is deliberately added to the input signal. If this is done with restraint and matching the input signal envelope, it can add a breathing effect like the hiss of air in a flute.
Filtered low frequencies can add a growling quality."

Like the Copilot Arrow Airwaves?

http://www.copilotfx.com/arrowairwaves2.html

This! Also don't forget am radio noise, static electricity crackle and Geiger counter sounds. The radiation tester not the pedal made by WMD. Just a pedal that blends weird sounds into your signal. That would be awesome :thumb:
KaosCill8r

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby culturejam » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:30 am

KaosCill8r wrote:This! Also don't forget am radio noise, static electricity crackle and Geiger counter sounds. The radiation tester not the pedal made by WMD. Just a pedal that blends weird sounds into your signal. That would be awesome :thumb:

Interesting idea. We'll take that into consideration as we plan future projects. Thanks :thumb:
Disclaimer #1: Co-Founder, Product Developer at Function f(x).
Disclaimer #3: I do sporadic, infrequent contract work for Black Arts Toneworks
Check out my photo gear on the cheap site: Tight Camera
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby oldangelmidnight » Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:33 pm

I'd like to see a pedal to convert envelope to expression control. Something that can go at the beginning of a pedal chain. It doesn't actually affect the signal but it sends the envelope information to the expression input on another pedal. It could be used to control the speed of tremolos or delay time or pitch shift on pedals that have expression capability.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:52 pm

Hey. I like Parallel fuz idea, too.

I realize having blend and that junk is probably hard, so I'd be fine with just seperate controls. But yeah. Parallel. Preferably with seperate outs.
Great dealings with: ryan summit, UncleGrandfather, Pizza, hbombgraphics, dangergirlstarship, Clockworker, kosta
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Postby culturejam » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:02 pm

A blend is actually not that hard to do passively with a pot.

When you say "separate outs" do you mean two independent output jacks?
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:53 pm

culturejam wrote:A blend is actually not that hard to do passively with a pot.

Yes. Wouldn't that be easiest for parallel dirt? split signal run one to one circuit, one to another and each have an out? I don't know about components/guts of pedals, I just know that parallel isn't a popular design/in high demand. I'd imagine due to complexity. Then again, I don't know anything about that world.

Oh, and I just read on the 424 site about that rad delay. Sounds like it'll be really cool!
Great dealings with: ryan summit, UncleGrandfather, Pizza, hbombgraphics, dangergirlstarship, Clockworker, kosta
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Postby Jero » Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:52 am

The_Active_Conundrum wrote:
culturejam wrote:A blend is actually not that hard to do passively with a pot.

Yes. Wouldn't that be easiest for parallel dirt? split signal run one to one circuit, one to another and each have an out? I don't know about components/guts of pedals, I just know that parallel isn't a popular design/in high demand. I'd imagine due to complexity. Then again, I don't know anything about that world.

Oh, and I just read on the 424 site about that rad delay. Sounds like it'll be really cool!

If each had their own out what would be the point? You still need a blender or it be like running two seperate effects. Without summing the two circuits to one output it seems useless unless for particular studio applications maybe?
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby culturejam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:05 am

Yeah, that was what I was getting at with my question.

You could run it as first in the chain and have each output be the front of a line of boxes that then each go to their own amp for a stereo setup. That would be cool. But very limited in utility for most people.
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Wed Jul 01, 2015 1:22 am

culturejam wrote:Yeah, that was what I was getting at with my question.

You could run it as first in the chain and have each output be the front of a line of boxes that then each go to their own amp for a stereo setup. That would be cool. But very limited in utility for most people.

which is probably why it doesn't really exist like that.

I THINK the kingmaker by source audio might get close. But: digital. Cold, loveless digital. Emulate everything, Be nothing.

Hey, just a thought. And I have a lot of them. Problem is, since I don't know guts and components (or what people like) I think of things that are impossible or just unable to have a practical use in most circumstances. Ideas though. I have plenty.
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Postby culturejam » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:14 am

The blend is actually easier than doing two output jacks. And it costs less because there is less hardware and less drilling.

Another option is two fuzz circuits with a common input jack, and then use a switch at the output of the circuits to determine which circuit is connected to the output jack. Of course, that's not really a true parallel fuzz. But it would be an interesting way to get two fuzz sounds in one box (to take up less space on a pedal board).
culturejam

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sonidero » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:52 am

Parallel with two outs and a blend would be ideal, if nothing is plugged into out b then it would come out of a and you could use the blend knob... One in and one out would require a splitter and combiner right???
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jero » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:52 am

The_Active_Conundrum wrote:
culturejam wrote:Yeah, that was what I was getting at with my question.

which is probably why it doesn't really exist like that.
I THINK the kingmaker by source audio might get close. But: digital. Cold, loveless digital. Emulate everything, Be nothing.
Hey, just a thought. And I have a lot of them. Problem is, since I don't know guts and components (or what people like) I think of things that are impossible or just unable to have a practical use in most circumstances. Ideas though. I have plenty.

Keep the thoughts coming man :thumb: I noticed in the other thread (muff>rat) you said you would in fact like it for a stereo signal chain, so I could see the warrant there. Looks like CJ covered the rest. Sonideros idea is prob best for what you want though.
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby The_Active_Conundrum » Wed Jul 01, 2015 2:57 pm

The muff/rat thread is similar but different as those are specific circuits. In a general "what would you like to see" thread, parallel dirt is always fun as there just ain't much of it out there and it has so much application, even if it is mono with with a blend.

Other things I've thought about are chorus with an octave up ringmod blend, Vibrato/tremelo with separate speed controls. Multi octave wiith an effects loop for each octave. You know...just stuff that probably isn't useful and may not even sound good.
The_Active_Conundrum

experienced
experienced

Previous

Return to 424 Studios