New Year, Agenda and Pricing

New Year, Agenda and Pricing

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Mon Jan 05, 2015 9:58 am

Dear all at ILF

Thanks for your support and interest in 2014
Moving into 2015 I am revising how I promote myself as a pedal builder.

Most of you know me for offering clones / work-a-like of the "Lovetone" brand.
Over the past year I have been fortunate to make the acquaintance of Dan from Dinosaural, and in speaking to him got an even deeper respect for the Lovetone circuits, brand (if that were possible?!) and as such I think I will wind down my offerings on that front. I might still make the odd one, but I am no longer gonna build any to "stock", only on request. A small addendum also any that I do make will have no recognisable font / trade dress resemblance, as I was told that the guy still with Lovetone would not appreciate that (read: sue me, potentially).
As such I changed the Gigahearts font - I used a free font called Dakota which is a 70s style bubble font which was very similar to the one Lovetone use, purely because I like their aesthetic. I can see now that some people might not think that was cool, and after a small lecture on originality I decided to change it for an 80s style font which I also like.

Further to this, I would like to offer my pedal making skills to a wider interest group than just people looking for Lovetone-type sounds.
Additionally, my cost model is being revised to the following for custom work:

Revised 08/01- knew something was missing(!)

£15 - £30 depending on complexity, plus 2x cost of parts, plus actual shipping.
This means I only make a very modest "hourly bench fee" on the pedals and is more for the fun of it. It should also mean quite economical custom stuff for people.
Typically I like to work from PCBs, and folks like Madbean and the other providors there allow builders to re-sell pedals using their PCBs - so if there are DIY products/projects out there of interest, but you dont fancy to build them yourself, give me a shout and we can see what it would cost.

As an example, a Big Muff (to pretty much any spec) would break down like this:

Case - £8-12, depending on size and colour, lets say on average £10
Hardware (jacks, footswitch) - £6
Pots and knobs - £3
PCB - £7
components inc resistors, caps, transistors, diodes - £3

so thats £29, times 2, plus £15 (lower complexity build) = £73 / euro 93 / USD 110
Worldwide shipping is typically £15 or less recorded, tracked, signed and insured.
In the UK and parts of Europe it would be £10 or less.

As always feel free to PM me with your requirements and we can talk

All the best for 2015

Ian
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Re: New Year, Agenda and Pricing

Postby Jero » Mon Jan 05, 2015 10:19 am

:thumb:
I make noise toys under Stomping Stones

oldangelmidnight wrote:This is the classic ILF I love. Emotional highs and lows. Scooped mids in my heart all day long.
Jero

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Tristan » Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:52 pm

Awesome!
Happy New Year man, may it bring many interesting and fun projects for you! :)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon Jan 05, 2015 1:09 pm

Sounds like the beginning of a great year! I need something built. P to the M! :joy:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Mon Jan 05, 2015 7:25 pm

Cool, glad to hear things are evolving. More people need some gigahearts in their life. Happy new year, dude.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby echoraven » Tue Jan 06, 2015 5:46 pm

That is darn schweet pricing! my mind wobbles.... :eek:
echoraven

committed
committed

Postby goroth » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:25 am

Awesome dude. Tell dan to get his shit together and start blowing people's minds with new pedals :)
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:27 pm

goroth wrote:Awesome dude. Tell dan to get his shit together and start blowing people's minds with new pedals :)

Last I asked he was working on a fuzz and a phaser, but nothing so esoteric as the BIg Cheese and Doppelganger, sadly.
He is seeming to concentrate on stuff that fits in the standard MXR size cases.

I must say the compressor is uniquely designed and rather fabulous. I swore not to post gut shots though...
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:43 am

done some more maths on this and made a slight addendum to the price structure
at the start of discussing a project I will determine complexity and that will form the basis of the fee, from typically £15 for a single fuzz pedal, up to £30 for a complex modulation or 2 in 1.
Vero projects are classed as more complex than PCB projects too.

I didnt want to do this but running my model on some examples of pedals I have made in the past made it clear I was gonna end up selling myself very very short, rather than now "just a bit short".

I still hope this encourages people to give me a spin if you want a custom pedal made, or a DIY project executed on your behalf.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jan 08, 2015 8:14 am

Nice!

Oh, and you should make a custom-thread, where you post all of the awesome pedals you're making. needz moar gigahearts pr0nz.

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:21 am

Eivind August wrote:Nice!

Oh, and you should make a custom-thread, where you post all of the awesome pedals you're making. needz moar gigahearts pr0nz.

Good idea
you can start by having a look here:

http://www.gigahearts.co.uk/?page_id=249
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Thu Jan 08, 2015 12:12 pm

Oh yeah son. :drool: Looked through those before, but still... *fap fap fap*

Deals:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:02 pm

The Larry David pedal is too funny! :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Jan 08, 2015 1:46 pm

There were a few Larry, the mark 2 was quite nice

Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby oldangelmidnight » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:25 pm

I really like this open pricing structure. And, really, this whole new push forward. I hope it works for you.
oldangelmidnight

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Gigahearts_FX