Feedback thread.

Feedback thread.

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:43 pm

Post your feedback! Good bad indifferent feel free to post up!

Some stuff posted prior to me acquiring my shark board:

Tristan wrote:Just wanted to say I love the smallbox Deluxe Electric Mistress you hooked me up with, it sounds great! :)

Ryan wrote:I'm the proud new owner of the DoubelGanger, thanks again Ian! Really cool sounding pedal, awesome build, and Ian's great to work with. Nice work with these Lovetones, sir!

askthedust wrote:It works perfectly, thanks.
I love the Dopplaganger et the Meatball. They're super awesome. not bonding that much with the Cheese Source so I might flip it. Hope you don't mind, nothing to do with your build which is stellar ;)
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Re: Feedback thread.

Postby PanicProne » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:30 pm

Proud and VERY happy owner of a Gigahearts Ring Stinger clone here. Sooooo many sounds!
Been using it an awful lot lately. Especially for ambient/drone and psyke jams but also quite a bit for prog rock-ish stuff!

And yeah, Ian's a pleasure to deal with. Mr Smooth Operator.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:05 pm

Some eBay shit

Great purchase - highly recommended Buyer:
Member ID james_eyland ( Feedback score of 14Yellow star icon for Feedback score between 10 to 49)
17-Sep-13 15:07
Lovetone Big Cheese clone, 100% authentic, professional quality build (#111156062390) £125.00 View Item

Positive feedback rating Great item, fast delivery, helpful seller AAA+++ Buyer:
Member ID fouficelles ( Feedback score of 1244Red star icon for Feedback score between 1,000 to 4,999)
13-Sep-13 14:50
Lovetone Meatball Envelope Filter clone (#111156067610)
£165.00
Best Offer price was acceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price. View Item

Positive feedback rating very good item, quick dispatch ***** Buyer:
Member ID ostanek1 ( Feedback score of 183Teal star icon for Feedback score between 100 to 499)
03-Oct-13 17:51
Lovetone Big Cheese clone, 100% authentic, professional quality build (#111165912139)
£139.00
Best Offer price was acceptedThis item was listed in fixed price format with a Best Offer option. The seller accepted a Best Offer price. View Item

Positive feedback rating Excellent and very fast delivery thank you Buyer:
Member ID spyke_23 ( Feedback score of 45Yellow star icon for Feedback score between 10 to 49)
07-Oct-13 21:49
Lovetone Cheese Source clone, professional quality build (#111175359400) £225.00 View Item
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby GlitteryChunks » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:34 am

G_FX is an honorable business man of quality products. I bought two of his DIY pedals (Rub a dub Blade Reverb, and a Multiplex Echo) He got them to me promptly and in some of the most secure packaging I've ever come across. Buy with :joy:
Great business with::: space6oy, SpaceFlunky, iamthesnow, DannDubbleEwe, leaves turn, Jero, Gigahearts_FX, PumpkinPieces, sergiomunoz74
GlitteryChunks

committed
committed

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:41 pm

Lovely Email from an eBay purchaser of the SourceCheese

"Hi Ian,

Just tried the pedal this evening. The Source is amazing, just my sort of level of drive. I was playing my '55 Les Paul Junior into a '61 Gibson Falcon GA19 RVT, and it makes it sound even more like itself than it already sounds. Klon clone has just become redundant, as this does some very similar tricks, but does them much better.

Cheese does what it says on the box, the blocking distortion is just ludicrous, but somehow the inherent tone of the guitar still comes though whatever ridiculous gain is dialed in. It's definitely not subtle. Can't wait to try it at gig volume! I never really know with fuzz until I can feel it on the back of my legs from a 4 x 12.

Thanks so much for making these Ian - brilliant pedal, and I can see why the originals are so sought after. Nicely built, quiet, good quality switches, connectors and pots. Absolutely made up with it.

All the best

Liam"
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby coldbrightsunlight » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:28 am

Just bought a cheese source today and it's great! Quality build, pedal sounds good. What else do you need?
füzz lover. Friend. Quilter evangelist.

I make music sometimes:

https://nitrx.bandcamp.com/

https://mediocrisy.bandcamp.com/

https://fleshcouch.bandcamp.com
coldbrightsunlight

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sat Feb 15, 2014 12:29 pm

monkeydancer wrote:Just bought a cheese source today and it's great! Quality build, pedal sounds good. What else do you need?

Thanks!
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:55 am

Sold a cheese on ebay, this was the chat:

Super fast! Fantastic Pedal. I own the original, this is sonically identical. Buyer:
Member ID infamousnicolas ( Feedback score of 355Teal star icon for Feedback score between 100 to 499)
14-Feb-14 12:19
Lovetone Big Cheese clone, 100% authentic, professional quality build (#111272452019)
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:38 am

Mecha feta user from TGP

Geetar_Will wrote:Ian,

Arrived today! Excellent packing job. Thanks for the great pedal. It's quite a leap for me as I've been a sunface fuzz only user for a long time.

When I turn my guitar's volume back on the mid-boost setting (fuzz at 8 or 9:00) and run it into my king of tone, I can get a really heavy distortion. Sounds like early Soundgarden. Didn't think the pedal would be THAT versatile. Very cool.

I'll be telling my friends about your work!

Thanks again,
Will
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby PanicProne » Tue Oct 14, 2014 8:11 am

So I got my second Gigahearts pedal last week. A mecha feta in gold enclosure with top mounted jacks!
I used to have the original Big Cheese and have to say I am more than happy with how the mecha sounds. Obivously, as I don't have the original anymore a proper comparison isn't possible. But as far as my memory goes, I reckon the mecha sounds spot on (if not, even better!) :thumb: :rock: Such a cool pedal! Love it!
As always a pleasure to deal with Ian. Highly, no actually, HIGHLY recommended.
Pedalboard pics will be up once I get down to re-wiring my setup.
PanicProne

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Tue Oct 14, 2014 5:37 pm

PanicProne wrote:So I got my second Gigahearts pedal last week. A mecha feta in gold enclosure with top mounted jacks!
I used to have the original Big Cheese and have to say I am more than happy with how the mecha sounds. Obivously, as I don't have the original anymore a proper comparison isn't possible. But as far as my memory goes, I reckon the mecha sounds spot on (if not, even better!) :thumb: :rock: Such a cool pedal! Love it!
As always a pleasure to deal with Ian. Highly, no actually, HIGHLY recommended.
Pedalboard pics will be up once I get down to re-wiring my setup.

thanks
glad you are liking it

The circuit has one subtle change that doesnt change the tone AT ALL but adds more volume at the output stage; this fixes one of the minor issues some people had with the original
pedal.

Other that that,they sound identical to my vintage (95 early version, if I recall correctly) Big cheese. I always test them side by side before shipping out :)

Here is Seans in testing; note the knob positions; volume would need to be a bit higher up on the real one, can get away with it being lower for the same output on the Mecha Feta clone

Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Eivind August » Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:28 am

So yeah, I asked Ian about a build, turned out he had an Ugly Face laying around that he didn't use. Sold it to me for a very reasonable price, and even did new graphics because he's cool like that. Very pleasant fellow, and a good dude!

So, the pedal. I don't know much about electronics, but seems like a very solid build. Envelope controlled filter-thingy, crazy LFO with its own footswitch. Sounds great, I was amazed of how well the octave down tracks. Wild oscillations. FAT FUZZ. It can also do this trebly 8-bit sound. Love it!

Buy from Ian.

https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

friendship wrote:You motherfuckers think I won't fuck up a couple octoroks and assemble the Triforce?

Deals:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra, D.o.S, rfurtkamp, blankfield, sillyfabe
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:14 pm

Yay! Glad you like it, Eivind. It was a pleasure trading with you.
Sorry I couldnt take on the custom build you wanted, and glad this Ugly Face filled another fuzzy void for you.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Tue Nov 04, 2014 12:59 pm

Sean asked me to paste a recent email to me in here, after I hooked him up with a ?Flange

PanicProne wrote:
On the flanger. Except for the night I got it I haven't had and won't have any more time to play it until monday night. I'm swamped with stuff for university, handing in three papers (they're not huge, but they are three) on monday afternoon. But at least I now understand why they called the company lovetone! =P

However (prepare for long overexcited, but really real rant!). I hooked it up to my home/noise/pedalsIlikebutdon'treallyuseformybandrightnowbutstillwanttokeep-board and had a go. I played it two hours straight, constantly laughing, only taking pauses to catch my breath to try and handle the shock of how cool this pedal is. Although I've put a lot of thought into getting it, I realised I hadn't even had a look at what controls it had, just loved the sounds people were making with it (especially Kayzer, obviously). There's just soooo many sounds in it. I don't think it's as difficult to dial in as the stinger, but still just as wacky. I think for some reason, the knobs on this compared to my stinger helps with that feel too.

I'm not a big fan of flangers/choruses (only ever owned a boss BF-3, which was ok for simple stuff, but nothing special, used it mainly for a slow sweepy flange and a danelectro cool cat chorus that I bought really cheap on impulse, cause it looked classic car-cool) and have gone through many phasers without finding one I enjoy (although the ? probably isn't a phaser, I reckon it can get phase-ish sounds, at least to my ears, you agree?). However, the "basic" sound of this is just so tasty. And then there's the tweakability. Like I said, I haven't even gone into what the controls do really, I obviously understand the basic "rate" and "depth" terms, but it's so fun to mess around with. It's like a really simple pedal if you want, a more hardcore one if you want and really like an instrument of it's own if you want! I was literally physically exhausted after those two hours with it, but had trouble going to sleep later cause of the excitement, haha! =D A long time since I felt like that about something music related, or anything really!

All in all, besides the fact that it happens to be a flange, it is exactly what I've been looking for when searching for a new pedal. It's so very "usable", but also really plays the noisebox-part really, really well. To top off this overly positive "review"-ish rant, which is by the way completely honest, I'm even trying to tone it down a bit here, haha! =D I'm gonna say it might be my fave ever pedal and I really think it's going to change or at least impact on the way I write music.

Thank you very, very much! Such a nice build!
That manual will come in handy once I want to start understanding the pedal more. I've never been much for the technical side of things, although I try to hang in there, it's not my strongest side. But I think this will be a nice gateway into synthesis and understanding sound too.

Thanks again. Back to homework!

//Sean.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Nov 06, 2014 12:42 pm

Ring Stinger build for a client. I am also working up a Flange for him

He seems quite happy so far!

Hi Ian,,,,

thanks very much,,i received the delivery this morning,,and gave it an immediate run through ,,,and it is fabulous,,,,,!!!,,,,,everything i wanted it to be and more,,,especially as i hadn't picked up on the fact of it having an octavia fuzz included,,,,that was a nice surpise and it sounds really great,,very musical.....with strange violin bow like artifacts!....

Yes this is really a great build,,,sounds like an analogue module from my youths frustrated wishlist...!!!........

Thanks a lot,,,,,and look forward to Xmas when i can send you some money for the Flanger with no Mane...!!!....\\

Going to give it another test right now...!

Best Regards....

Julien....
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Return to Gigahearts_FX