Loveclone gallery

Loveclone gallery

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sat Dec 21, 2013 12:43 pm

Here is a gallery of pedals I've made for folk / myself !

These last 3 are personal builds!
I wont reproduce trade dress on current clones!

Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Re: Loveclone gallery

Postby skullservant » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Man, that personal Ringer Stinger makes me want one so bad :( haha
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:09 pm

skullservant wrote:Man, that personal Ringer Stinger makes me want one so bad :( haha

Heh, get building yourself one dude, all the info you need is attached and you clearly have the skills.
v1.2 http://homepage.ntlworld.com/paul.nelso ... erv12r.pdf
v1.3 http://www.aronnelson.com/gallery/main. ... emId=47423

If you need boards etching I can link you to a reliable guy.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:12 pm

OH MAN THAT RULES. I might have to get LaoWiz to etch me the boards :drool:
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:19 pm

skullservant wrote:OH MAN THAT RULES. I might have to get LaoWiz to etch me the boards :drool:

I made the v1.2
I dont agree with all the changes in the v1.3 doc
I did however use a 3PDT for bypass so that you can kill the Ring Mod bleed in bypass. Its pretty easy to figure out how to do that, but if you get to that point and cant just ask.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby skullservant » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Definitely! If I take it on I will let you know!
skullservant

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:54 pm

mmm, purple feta.

I think I just spewed some greek yogurt onto my keyboard.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby LaoWiz » Wed Dec 25, 2013 1:46 pm

Gigahearts_FX wrote:
skullservant wrote:OH MAN THAT RULES. I might have to get LaoWiz to etch me the boards :drool:

I made the v1.2
I dont agree with all the changes in the v1.3 doc
I did however use a 3PDT for bypass so that you can kill the Ring Mod bleed in bypass. Its pretty easy to figure out how to do that, but if you get to that point and cant just ask.

I think I'm building from the 1.3 doc. What changes did you not like? It's one of those projects that I've been working on slowly. I have all the caps and resistors in except for any odd values. Quite a monster of a build!

These Lovetones look so great!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:25 pm

Hi Laowiz

I don't think the extra status LED is required and I don't like the 4pdt bypass. It's possible to do it with a 3pdt and achieve clean bypass, so that's my preference. Lastly I never used the diode 'chip' that is stated as an option, and prefer to use 1n34a. LikwiseI never tried using BATs in those positions either.

Basically, where possible I try to remain faithful to the original.
The bypass update is a worthy mod however, as I did have some bleed without switching the input with a third pole...

Thinking about it, the volume knob on the string ringer ins fairly redundant as the output is loud enough even with it at minimum.
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby LaoWiz » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:52 pm

I will keep those thoughts in mind. Got the transformers coming in from mouser so I will chip away at this beast this month!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Wed Oct 01, 2014 10:15 am

Today I mostly made this for PanicProne, a member here

Relay true bypass, top mount connections, white LED with brightness trim pot, shielded cable on the in+out
Hope it finds a place on his board :)

Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:18 am

This little peice will be winging its way to an ILF-er shortly :)

Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Postby rustywire » Thu Jan 22, 2015 10:41 am

I'm a fan of this stuff. There's something about the *rough* text labeling and faceplate gfx that gives them great charm...and the smaller footprints+condensed layouts are a major bonus.
If only they had the top mounted patchbay-style jacks and routing options...that's one of the coolest characteristics of the originals IMO.

Would you plz add pcb pics of the originals for easy comparison?
I'm always interested in that sort of thing; different ways to build a mouse trap you know :hobbes:
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Gigahearts_FX » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:41 am

rustywire wrote:I'm a fan of this stuff. There's something about the *rough* text labeling and faceplate gfx that gives them great charm...and the smaller footprints+condensed layouts are a major bonus.
If only they had the top mounted patchbay-style jacks and routing options...that's one of the coolest characteristics of the originals IMO.

Would you plz add pcb pics of the originals for easy comparison?
I'm always interested in that sort of thing; different ways to build a mouse trap you know :hobbes:

thanks for your kind comments. I try and get the graphics perfect but its not an exacting art unfortunately, and the returns on removing and reapplying arent always worth it for the time it takes.
I dont do this as a business so have no requirement or demand actually to invest in labelling with better fidelity, which would cost an awful lot.
This gives nice results and is customisable and controllable by me, and applicable to one off's. Its also more robust than sticky-back decals, as regardless of the clear coats I have tried they tend to be sticky, crack, or go yellow (or other faults) Envriotex I havent tried as it just seems a big faff (!)

if you want pictures of lovetone PCBs, this is my Doppel v4

All lovetone "big box" pedals are the same PCB dimensions, and are single sided layouts, typically with their fair share of jumpers. Some have daughter boards (flanger, ring mod)

They can be built with top mount jacks but then you sacrifice footswitch gap
Here is an example of someone else who built one using the PCB layout of mine...

Overall I prefer the way I build them, but its horses for courses. Of course, one can have the best of both worlds (top mount and footswitch room) but moving to a larger box, but that sacrifices teh main reason to shrink the lovetones in teh first place which is real estate.

The originals ARE way cooler than any clone, the boxes and ergonomics are awesome, and the fact they are huge is a selling point to me ("Big pedals to trip over" was their other tag line)
Gigahearts_FX

experienced
experienced

Return to Gigahearts_FX