Official update on me

Official update on me

Postby jwar » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:56 pm

Hey all! I know I have this Shark Tank and barely use the damn thing, but some of you may be interested in what I have to say.

Tomorrow I will be purchasing a new laser system for etching.

What does this mean? Well it means, I will be doing acid etching. laser etching an perhaps a combination of the two as well.

The machine I am getting is NOT specifically made for metals. It can however work on anodized aluminum and baked enamel. So there will not be any black image engraved enclosures like I had previously offered. Honestly they were a huge ass waste of money and time, so I'm actually glad.

So that's a down side depending on how you look at it. I am looking at it with a positive mindset followed by lots of excitement.

I will also be able to etch wood, plastics, glass and numerous other items I couldn't do before.

Being able to etch wood and plastics means I will be able to etch you guitar, pickguards, picks, neck of the guitar...etc. Whatever!

Not sure on pricing for the non enclosure items yet, but I'll work it out once I get the machine in hand.

So pricing will vary but here's what I'm thinking.

*NOTE!* You must pay for all materials being used for your specific job. I do have some stuff on hand, but I do not figure it into the full price for book keeping reasons. I most likely will not charge for simple and cheap things like wiring and LED's UNLESS it's a large LED or a massive pain in the ass wiring job.

Laser pricing (all shipping is US only pricing. If you are overseas, we can work out a deal)-

Rehouses (standard easy reboxing)-$120 shipped
Single boxes-$25
Multi box deals-Anything over 5 will be $15 dollars a box. This price remains whether it's 6 boxes or a 100.

Acid etching-

Rehousing-same as above.
Single boxes-$35 shipped
Multi box deals-I will ONLY do 5-10 at a time. These are not cost or time effective in large runs, so if you want more than that, you're going to have to really convince me. $21 dollars per box.

All other items will have be figured out as I get used to doing them. I will be offering some free bees for those who are willing to let me test out my machine on their items. I will not replace any damaged items, so be 100% clear of that before you hit me up. Almost positive it will go off without a hitch. I'm mainly going to be wanting to experiment with woods.

Any questions, just ask away!!!

Thanks!!!
"My boner"

-Jwar

"You may caress my harem of large velvety hammers any time".

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.
jwar

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Official update on me

Postby goroth » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:22 am

Nice work dude!
Invisible Man wrote:I'd just have a smelly, glistening tiger living under my arm.

Demos /// My band /// Instagram ///Facebook ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Eivind August » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:52 am

:!!!:

Just waiting for that Super Wizard, then we can work something out.
https://irerror.bandcamp.com/

ritz wrote:If you build it, I will come.

Invisible Man wrote:Make sure to wear your Prague cape.

WANT: LAL 87 Moduloscillo Fuzz

Great dealings:
NSFW: show
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:13 am

I've been meaning to send you my Raptio for a rehouse forever now. I suck. Soon. :lol:
nieh wrote:I heard if you stand in front of a mirror and say purple three times Chankgeez appears behind you.

iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
Sunflower Correspondence:
http://soundcloud.com/kent-gulbrandsen
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Eivind August » Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:23 am

Dude, we could send our pedals together and save on shipping! :!!!:

Great dealings:
succor, UncleBBQ, jerms, marco.desan, jwar, robapov, Tom Dalton, Gigahearts_FX, frigid midget, K2000, Tristan, untilshewokeme, backwardsvoyager, Strange Tales, brandsmannen, Ugly Casanova, goroth, Abanoise, Casavettes, multi_s, oldangelmidnight, Jero, Inconuucl, Dungus, christianatl, doralin, Wittgenstein, worra
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby UglyCasanova » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:16 pm

This is true. ;)
nieh wrote:I heard if you stand in front of a mirror and say purple three times Chankgeez appears behind you.

iRerror:
http://irerror.bandcamp.com
Sunflower Correspondence:
http://soundcloud.com/kent-gulbrandsen
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:54 pm

Maybe you guys can just pay for jwar to move to Norway? :idk: :snax:
"You can't copyright circuits really." - Ed Sanner …………….0.............
"… and they have to tell Ornette that he cannot play the trumpet and violin." - Miles
"Well, I'm not a fan of reverb on guitar, but I like to create space using a lot of delays." - Robin Guthrie
"The effects market was really nothing more than a bunch of beggars and theives, all building off one another's work." - Dan Armstrong…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby gnomethrone » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:26 pm

jwar wrote:I'm mainly going to be wanting to experiment with woods.

heh heh
Brandsmannen wrote:threw up on the bus 20 mins ago. and now i'm cooking for myself. i think food is gonna be bomb

good deals here: http://ilovefuzz.com/viewtopic.php?f=44&t=463&start=4095
gnomethrone

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby jwar » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:55 pm

hahaha!

So here's so possibilities in the works!

Possible run with COG, Dwarfcraft and definitely Dr. Scientist. So those of you that have collected my stuff, look out for those!

I'm going to be hitting up a LOT of folks too. Animal Factory wants to do something with me, love that dude, but he's so damn far away. Maybe I can give him his boxes at NAMM....that's an idea.

You guys rock and getting the laser allows me to be more creative than a typical acid etch. I love acid etching, but it's super dangerous. You know?

As far as wood, I'm going to hopefully be working with a local artist, and it could be pretty interesting to say the least. I think you all will be pleasantly surprised. :)
"My boner"

-Jwar

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.
jwar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby JonnyAngle » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:24 pm

Guitar picks?!?!?!?
JonnyAngle

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jwar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:32 pm

Another update!!!

Alright folks!!! I am officially going to be back! Here's the gist of it.
Last year I had to sell my laser machine because I was going to move and didn't know how I'd take a 900lbs machine with me. I ended up not moving after the machine was sold. hah. So I've been waiting for the right time to re-purchase a machine, but a different one.
This new (it's used but whatever) machine is capable of doing everything I could not previously. Glass, ceramic, wood, plastic, rubber, tile, cork, acrylic, leather...etc. The thing I cannot do is metal. :( Nah just kidding, I can! LOL! There is a catch though. All metals must be anodized or enamel paint or something to that effect.
That mean that if you want a really, and I mean really cool looking pedal enclosure, you will have to pay the up-charge for a anodized box. Anyone that can send me to someone who sells anodized boxes for a good price (and I'm not talking about regular retailers here) will receive a lifetime discount. I'm not joking. Or if you do that yourself and want some discounts, hit me up. It's that valuable to me.
So what does this mean really?
Well it means I can now do anything from pickguards, picks, guitar straps or even actual guitars (not full coverage because of the risk involved). I can also do high quality band pictures on tile or stone, leather, family pictures...whatever. The sky is the limit. If you want a cool box made out of wood that has a killer original design, that is something that will be happening in the near future!!
For regular guitar boxes here's what you're looking at as an up-charge for anodizing unless I can find a better vendor.
It more than likely will be a 5-10 dollar up-charge. The only place that I know for certain who does this is Pedal Parts Plus. So again, hit me up if you have an in!
I can also engrave/etch through powder-coating and it will create a very cool effect. I'll be illustrating that in the next few weeks.
So not taking sales yet, but get ready folks!!!
"My boner"

-Jwar

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.
jwar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby DRodriguez » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:39 pm

I mentioned this in the ILF swag thread, but can you etch aluminum anodized knobs?
DRodriguez

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby jwar » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:46 pm

DRodriguez wrote:I mentioned this in the ILF swag thread, but can you etch aluminum anodized knobs?

Yes for sure! And wooden ones!
"My boner"

-Jwar

- The Velvet Hammer

"#I'mwithJwar"

-D.O.S.
jwar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Eivind August » Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:23 am

What about meat ones?

Great dealings:
Eivind August

HERO
HERO

Postby rustywire » Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:56 am

gnomethrone wrote:
jwar wrote:I'm mainly going to be wanting to experiment with woods.

heh heh
[B/S/Ts] :whoa: Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Happiness ... >pour a sip of something for twang & psyvam
D.o.S. wrote:you just gotta turn up more.
popvulture wrote:When it comes to riffs, nasty > tasty.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Next

Return to Acid Splash Designs