silent recording

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: silent recording

Postby ognoy » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:06 am

How many outputs do you have?
If only two, do this:
-Pan the track that is going out to pedals/amps all the way left.
-Pan the new, reampe, track all the way to the right.
OGNOY/solo(ambient/noise/drones)https://ognoy.bandcamp.com/
Solstorm(doom/postmetal) https://solstormdoom.bandcamp.com/
ognoy

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Ugly Nora » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:19 am

Last edited by Ugly Nora on Sun Dec 15, 2019 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby moid » Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:09 pm

Whoops I missed this, it's been a dreadful week :( Ugly Nora, I have to set up the DI to re amp successfully at home or I get howling feedback noise and not much else. On the DI box I use I have Outputs for monitors (like yours) and also a headphone socket output. If I want to send sound out from my PC via the output sockets of the DI into some pedals and then record again I have to go into the software for the DI and lower the output volume considerably or the DI blasts the fuck out of the pedals with a signal that is way too hot for them and then all I get is feedback noise... which is fun for a couple of seconds, but becomes annoying when you're trying to put your favourite cowbell through a chorus without it sounding like a DBA fuzz pedal on kill. If that doesn't seem possible, my DI box also has a headphone socket with a volume control on it, and I tend to run that into my pedals more often because I find that easier than mucking about with the software the DI box came with - I just lower the volume on the headphones, plug into pedals and then back into the DI box.

I'm not sure what software you are recording with, but before I got Audition and Ableton and only had Audacity to record with I found I would load the clean guitar recording in VLC, open Audacity to hit record and then press play on VLC. If I had two copies of Audacity open (one playing, one recording) then things usually fucked up in a very loud and feedback fashion... but that might just be my PC which is very old and has personality issues.

Hope that helps, I'm looking forward to hearing more tracks from you!
moid

experienced
experienced

Postby Ugly Nora » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:55 pm

Ugly Nora

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to Tech & Recording