Roland Cloud?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Roland Cloud?

Postby Aquietcabin1978 » Fri Jan 26, 2018 2:31 pm

Searched and didn’t see a thread about the Roland Cloud.

Working on the open source project I have really been digging working Live 9. I wanted to get some cool synth vst’s. Has anyone jumped at the Roland Cloud subscription stuff? I spend more a month on weed and beer. I have the NI komplete but the Roland stuff looks preetty dope.
jwar wrote:I'd tell both you guys to eat a dick, but it's against the vibe of the thread. Dicks are meat right? ;) haha

Invisible Man wrote:All roads lead to butt stuff.
Aquietcabin1978

Supporter
Supporter

Re: Roland Cloud?

Postby DRodriguez » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:25 pm

I'm pretty against subscription based plugins. Eventually you will not be able to open old projects if Roland ever drops support or you decide it''s not worth the price anymore. While I'm sure they sound great, they immediately lose me and most other professionals as potential customers.

If you're looking for a cheap way to get a powerful synth and tools, look at xfer Serum, One of the most used vst's, highly affordable. And only 9.99 a month until it's fully paid off. No extra fees or charges.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Ev_O))) » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:39 am

I'm really not into it for the reasons stated above. How familiar are you with the products in Komplete? Stuff like Absynth, Massive and Reaktor will cover way more ground in terms of sound design possibility. Shitloads of presets out there too. With the Roland cloud you get straight up classic Roland sounds and the System 1/8 Vsts, which don't really add a heap to the stuff you have unless you want that gooey analog thing that the Juno/Jupiter emulations go for. And even then I'd rather buy one really good dedicated virtual analogue synth like Steinberg's Retrologue or Uhe's Diva than subscribe to a service like Roland cloud.

Serum is great, I had it for a few months before stopping my subscription as it didn't suit my workflow but it's legendary for a reason. Super flexible, massive scope for sound design and a million presets available.

I'm having a shitload of fun with this guys synths at the moment, https://www.fullbucket.de/music/fb3300.html especially the PS3300 clone, which is a basically unobtainable Korg 48 voice polyphonic synth from the late 70s. All Free.

But yeah dude i think there are a million better options out there
I make noise, droney music: http://blasariusyonder.com
Joel Korte wrote:It's always your fucking fault
Ev_O)))

experienced
experienced

Postby plaidbeer » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:54 pm

You might also keep an eye out for when Arturia runs promotions. I got the V Collection 6 for $250 because I had one of their free products and they considered that an upgrade. It has a lot of classic synth and sampler emulations as well as a B3, Vox Continental, a Farfisa, a Wurlitzer, a Rhodes, and a Clavinet as well as Analog Lab which lets you blend sounds from any two instruments and save them.

The Native Instruments stuff is great, too, but Komplete has always been out of my budget. I do have FM8 and Kontakt (from holiday promos when they were $99 each), though, and they're great.
plaidbeer

committed
committed

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 10:24 am

not to be that dude but don't overlook the built in live stuff if u have all the instruments and stuff.
not too sure what levels give u what and which live package u have.

the built in synths/instruments are actually pretty dope and fairly flexible.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:29 am

Thats one of my favorite things about ableton. Makes it really portable instead of having to load a whole bunch of samples on my computer.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:05 pm

yea! once i learned about like racks or chains or whatever they call them and spent some time to create my own, shit really opened up.
they give u all that shit for a reason.

also my cpu is not that new either, so i like the fact that the native stuff is way less CPU intensive than plugins.
some plugins are not too bad, but some are majorrrrrr crusherrrrrrr
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Return to Tech & Recording