Budget setup

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Budget setup

Postby rustywire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:40 pm

No doubt. Either DI or acoustically recording a cab is how I roll. I do not understand the re-amping fascination at all, and the "fix it in the mix" practice is like submerging the track in toxic waste to achieve the effect of vanishing cream. What results is complete destruction of the groove you can get if you track with the goal of nailing it in 1 take.

The whole patchwork/snap to grid/step sequence approach to recording is something I prefer to be the exception, rather than the rule. At least for the majority of music styles/most anything with a acoustic instruments.
[B/S/T shoutouts] Shortlist: Hollow Earth|Ct5|856|Condor|Thermae|OP-1|half track reel2reel|Prophet6 ... :whoa:
rfurtkamp wrote:The only transparent thing I own is a set of drinking glasses.
rustywire

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Re: Budget setup

Postby Kacey Y » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:43 pm

Same, it's nice to have the tools to fix things easier than analog, but I still operate with an analog era workflow. I think not making decisions or having a well defined vision for a recording project, so you can leave endless options open later, is only an asset in the hands of a few insanely creative individuals.
Appalachian Queer Punk Moms Local 138
Kacey Y

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Tech & Recording