Really Nice Compressor

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Really Nice Compressor

Postby popvulture » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:04 pm

The manual says that if you want to use it with balanced gear, you have to unbalance the signal of said gear before sending it to the RNC.

That's what I've always been unsure about. I have a couple of balanced pres (w/o inserts) that I'd like to use with it, because it's got some great character. Currently seems like a missed opportunity.
neonblack wrote:They say tone is in the hooks

D.o.S. wrote:I'm pretty sure moderation leads to Mustang Sally.

coldbrightsunlight wrote:Yes I am a soppy pop person at heart I think with noises round the edge

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JphJfwsUbT4
popvulture

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D. » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:58 pm

oh i'm pretty sure thats just a fancy way of saying use a TS unbalanced cable from your balanced gear to the RNC, or use a TRS to TS (balanced to unbalanced) cable or some type of DI box or something if u wanna be real dandy.

i think they are saying this because while the input is TRS, it's function is difference than balanced vs. unbalanced.
Dr. Sherman Sticks M.D.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby GardenoftheDead » Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:06 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJgf5Ob6WQg

This guy explains and demonstrates a lot of stuff. I think there's a well known issue with running too much low end through it, but there's a way to adjust for that.
GardenoftheDead

IAMILF
IAMILF

Previous

Return to Tech & Recording