Tascam DP users - quick question

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Tascam DP users - quick question

Postby weed_killer » Fri Feb 13, 2015 1:00 pm

I know a couple of you have/had these before - I'm specifically looking into the eight track ones.

I'm starting to work out the best way to play my stuff live, though right now it's totally hypothetical. I use a lot of layers/instruments in my music (shameless plug: lero.bandcamp.com) and obviously can't recreate it all live, nor do I want to the same way. I use Reaper as a DAW, but what I'd like to do is work up new backing tracks to integrate with live guitar/vocals and be able to mix and adjust them in real time. Not interested in just using my macbook, due to the lack of a mixer and general aesthetic reasons. I'm thinking one of these tascams would be the most suitable solution, where I could make the tracks in Reaper, dump them to the tascam and play on top in real-time. My question is a) can you dump multi-channel .wav's into these and b) if so, how easy is it to set up?
weed_killer

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Return to Tech & Recording