Field recorders?

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Field recorders?

Postby technicoloraudio » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:52 pm

I really like my Zoom H4N. I use it for recording practice and field recording samples. It's simple and pretty durable.
but what are guitar pedals...really..?
technicoloraudio

committed
committed

Postby BoatRich » Tue Apr 21, 2015 11:06 am

technicoloraudio wrote:I really like my Zoom H4N. I use it for recording practice and field recording samples. It's simple and pretty durable.

I use this too, everything in the second bandcamp link in my sig is done with it. It sounds pretty good and handles extreme volume well
BoatRich

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby ProCarsteNation » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:19 pm

Yeah, even the smaller H2 does very nice recordings, from pretty low to pretty loud.
It is a bit flimsy/plasticky, but mine's been holding up for about 7 years now. And theres always periods where I just flung it in my bag to tag along...

I'm quite happy with it and feel no need to upgrade, but if I needed to purchase now/again I would still look for something that makes a (even) sturdier first impression.
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby ProCarsteNation » Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:22 pm

Haha!

oops, that thread was oooooold

but, but, it WAS on the first page.....
aural conjunctions on SC

I hate moodswings are awesome! Oh, and I usually post when I'm way too tired...
Invisible Man wrote:do something selfish and live a little.
ProCarsteNation

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby HAVN » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:45 am

PeteeBee wrote:Anyone use one of these?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EP6 ... VLUE7LUM25

Or any sort of comparable thing... claims it is the same two mics that are on a DR40. The main reason I record things is to send ideas to the buds before we get together. It would obviously be easiest if I could just do this all on my phone. I am just finishing up some lyrics then I will be trying to get some songs up, but I think I will have my buddy record it more proper. Any thoughts on this or similar devices? I see the limitation of at some point I will get a newer phone that won't be compatible any more, but that's not any time real soon.

I have the Røde iXY.
viewtopic.php?f=247&t=45808

It's convenient enough that I carry it everywhere and can just plug and play. I think I may like our drummer's Tascam field recorder better, but recording from GarageBand in iOS I can upload directly to Soundcloud. The mic also works with the camera app--I've recorded some stuff at live shows and it turns out surprisingly well. Would probably sound even better if I EQ'd on a computer.
HAVN

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Tech & Recording