· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
DAWs, VST, iPads, interfaces, software, etc.
Post a reply

Re: Let's see you RECORD THINGS

Tue Nov 12, 2013 3:18 am

And, recording drums in a vocal isolation booth!

Tascam something or other 16 channel interface, 8 xlr.

Kick: Shure Beta 52
Snare Top: Audix D3
Snare Bottom: Shure Sm57
Overhead Left: Audio Technica Pro 37
Overhead Right: Audio Technica Pro 37
Floor Mic: Shure Sm-57 (put the mic on the floor under the drum throne pointing towards the kick)
Bass: Direct into the interface

The interface went on the ground as you can see, the computer went behind the drum throne on the ground, I went ts in through a panel and then into the interface. We used a y-cable to go ts out of the iso booth through the panel, out to my headphones. I'm still editing and mixing, but dry everything sounds really good. The deadness of the room mixed with the ambience of he overhead mics has a really nice sound.
Attachments
100_1504.JPG
100_1500.JPG

Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:58 pm

This is from quite a few years ago. We were just recording some instrumental demos over a couple nights, which we used to shop around to potential vocalists (not final songs) - not the most advanced recording session, but definitely the most fun one I've been a part of.

Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:55 pm

Noise Supply wrote:Image

Studio Choice of Champions... :!!!:

Tue Nov 26, 2013 12:01 am

Recorded guitars and bass for a new cassette I'll be putting out this past weekend:

That picture was taken while recording guitars. Kick mic was used for the main tracking, and the 60's vocal mic was used for secondary tracking and provided a more ambient type of recording, especially on bass when I had the mic stand about 2 feet away from the cab

Sun Dec 01, 2013 12:58 pm

Uncle Grandfather wrote:Here's where it all began for me. This tascam 424 mkI I bought in 94ish. Still use it for small projects or for capturing ideas when i'm not at the studio. That's also an alesis sr-16 drum machine i bought around the same time. still get alot of use out it running it through my oto biscuit.

YYYEEESSSSSSSSS.

I was just recording some acoustic guitars on my 424 mkII the other night and it's the best sound of anything I've ever recorded ever.

Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:33 pm

for more pictures you can follow the link in my sig below.
but this is where I work! :)

Sun Dec 15, 2013 8:04 pm

delaydecay wrote:Ive always known gearspammer was an ILF'er.

Welcome.

:lol:

Keeping guitars in climate controlled rooms don't sound very ILF to me though.

Thu Dec 19, 2013 9:02 pm

BitchPudding wrote:Cool pics. Elesh Norn like the Magic the Gathering card right? :joy:

theavondon wrote:Yuuuup.

I hate to only post this in this thread, but my first band was called "The Erg Raiders." :lol:

I'm moving in a week and promise to post pics of my reorganized setup once I get it figured to atone for my sin...

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:16 pm

i use this thing for everything

Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:35 pm

This is from last weekend…right before my computer crashed and I lost a bunch of work. Questionable mic placement but for what ever reason, it sounded really good right there...
Attachments
Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 3.33.01 PM.png
Screen Shot 2014-01-25 at 3.33.01 PM.png (575.54 KiB) Viewed 23543 times

Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:22 pm

Recording the Industrialectric tourbox demos.
Kick drum mic and 60's vocal mic. Blended together are pure bliss. Run into the mixer as a pre (for now)
I'd like to get a stereo mic pre though.

Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:04 pm

Pop wrote:
Uncle Grandfather wrote:Here's where it all began for me. This tascam 424 mkI I bought in 94ish. Still use it for small projects or for capturing ideas when i'm not at the studio. That's also an alesis sr-16 drum machine i bought around the same time. still get alot of use out it running it through my oto biscuit.

YYYEEESSSSSSSSS.

I was just recording some acoustic guitars on my 424 mkII the other night and it's the best sound of anything I've ever recorded ever.

Man I miss the shit out of my 424 MKII. It was my first recording medium and I stupidly lent it to a friend and never saw it again.

:facepalm: :cry:

Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:39 pm

As promised, here's my happy place:

and this is what my guitar sounded like last night:

Tue Feb 18, 2014 12:23 am

Hyphen Nation wrote:This is from last weekend…right before my computer crashed and I lost a bunch of work. Questionable mic placement but for what ever reason, it sounded really good right there...

smartwood bro! :hug:

Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:42 pm

Just rewired one of the racks at the studio. The top used compressors.
Post a reply