Let's see you RECORD THINGS

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Let's see you RECORD THINGS

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:12 pm

Post images of your recording gear, set ups, new mics, midi jawn, shit you get that you wanna show off. Lets inspire each other to try new things or show each other things we haven't thought of. Show noobs ways making music can be done. SO MANY POSITIVE POSSIBILITIES OF THIS THREAD. Post sound clips if you wanna.

:joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

This is a little old and I have moved up to a table so my scoliosis doesn't kill me from sitting and leaning over an ipad, but none the less here is how I've been recording. Instrument->Pedals->Stereo out of Memory Man (not in the photo but I realized later cuz I was a dumby)->Stereo Out of Supernatural->Alesis iO Dock. Headphone out to my amp so I can get natural feedback. Also, it is always a mess from floppin pedals around.

Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Re: Let's see you RECORD THINGS

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:39 pm

Great idea. I'll try and contribute !
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby odontophobia » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:44 pm

setup.jpg

recently moved my computer into the basement with all my gear so i can use the pedals with logic modeling or record direct with mics and firewire solo, though that doesn't happen often.

i sometimes record directly to the iPad as well. i use ampkit+ on that. it works well with the apogee jam so i have no complaints.
odontophobia

Supporter
Supporter

Postby ryan summit » Wed Jun 12, 2013 9:20 am

i made another thread
basically askin for the same thing as this one
but with alot more words
ive been usin a radioshack coily headphone cable
to get samples into my pedalboard
id love a dock
but would like to mount the ipad to a mic stand
things loke this stall my decisions for months
ryan summit

Supporter
Supporter

Postby synthezatory » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:04 pm

I've replaced that goddamn latency factory Saffire 6 USB with a Forte, and the SM57 with a FATHEAD II w/ Lundahl tranny. Things are way better.
synthezatory

committed
committed

Postby kbit » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:35 am

I would make love to that room.
D.o.S. wrote:I'm fucking stupid and no one should operate under any other premise.
kbit

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby backwardsvoyager » Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:53 am

kbithecrowing wrote:I would make love to that room.

This.

You need a better place to put the potato chips though, typing must be pretty difficult as is.
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby synthezatory » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:43 pm

backwardsvoyager wrote:

This.

You need a better place to put the potato chips though, typing must be pretty difficult as is.

They're absolutely the best thing when you ever needed a crunchy tones :thumb:

By the way, hey Pumpkin.. how do you like the Supernatural reverb.. can it go deep, 100% wet (sounded wrong isn't it?) and get a long decay with it? Does it sound sterile/too digital-ish? I've got a Supermoon Chrome for a few weeks now, while this could be the best ambient reverb pedal ever (for me), it's just too bright for my setup to the point that it's unusable. I just wish it had a tone control on it
Last edited by synthezatory on Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
synthezatory

committed
committed

Postby backwardsvoyager » Sat Jun 15, 2013 12:57 pm

:lol:
so true
backwardsvoyager

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby sonidero » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:11 am

I'm feeling a Sunday Soni Studio pic coming on...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Deltaphoenix » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:54 am

Recording some Disco-Country today?
behndy wrote:i want to have dirty sex with each and every mod here. in their poopcunt. while squirls shoot out of my dick and tinier squirrels shoot out of THEIR dicks in an Escher-esque recursive love filth pile.

My Band: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/capturetherapture

My Solo Electronic Stuff:http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/deltaphoenix
Deltaphoenix

Supporter
Supporter

Postby sonidero » Sun Jun 23, 2013 9:57 am

Maybe some Post-Super Moon-Easy-Kraut...
"Personal Growth Through Guitar Pedals"
sonidero

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Ghost Hip » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:32 pm

synthezatory wrote:
backwardsvoyager wrote:

This.

They're absolutely the best thing when you ever needed a crunchy tones :thumb:

By the way, hey Pumpkin.. how do you like the Supernatural reverb.. can it go deep, 100% wet (sounded wrong isn't it?) and get a long decay with it? Does it sound sterile/too digital-ish? I've got a Supermoon Chrome for a few weeks now, while this could be the best ambient reverb pedal ever (for me), it's just too bright for my setup to the point that it's unusable. I just wish it had a tone control on it

Yah it does full wet, and it gets infinite decay except on the spring setting. I use the spring setting, which is fantastic. It isn't cold and digital sounding. I mean, the modes that involve shimmer are obviously going to be synthetic sounding to some extent. But yeah, I love it. I mostly use reverb for ambient tracks, but it can also go more subtle with the mix rolled back for filling spaces and such. The 'liveliness' control is useful for keeping the reverb as bright or dark as you want it.

I definitely want to try something like the supermoon for predirt reverb. Also if I hadn't have found a dream Mustang, I probably would've bought a near identical Jaguar to yours! Love that blue.
Youtube Channel?

mr. sound boy king wrote:Organic apples are not normal, they are special, like analog, whereas normal apples, like digital, taste sterile and lack warmth.

friendship wrote:y u h8 swoosh woosh
Ghost Hip

Postby V_____ » Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:09 pm

Supernatural is probably one of the best digital reerbs around. The hardwire RV-7 is also quite nice. Those are two of the only ones I have tried and can stand. I did like the Flint's Hall mode though. That's about all I miss from that pedal since I have the Mobius for all the tremolos.

Vanamps solemate is also a really nice reverb pedal but uses an external spring tank. Sounds great.

Lately, though, I've just been rocking my new Fusco amp which is sort of based on a blackface twin reverb (also has ampeg lineage in the second channel). The preamp is pretty much pure blackface twin but the reverb is improved and super flexible. Has both dwell and mix knobs and both can go into ridiculous territory.

http://soundcloud.com/cjmventer/cjmventer-caverns-demo

That's what that sounds like.

I also use it towards the end of this demo I did for the robert pedal if you want to hear it with some fuzz. Skip a few minutes in.

http://soundcloud.com/shoepedals2/shoe- ... olo-clip-1
http://www.shoepedals.com
Check out Shoe Pedals on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Shoe-Ped ... 7637461219 for Fuzz, Musical Discussions, and General Fun.
V_____

experienced
experienced

Postby synthezatory » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:22 am

^^ sounds really good, V! I've had the RV7 in the past, I agree.. that pedal is great. Somehow I got used to this supermoon chrome and been trying to milk it instead, and I'm loving it .. by A LOTS, just had to turn down the amp's tone a wee bit though

PumpkinPieces wrote:
I definitely want to try something like the supermoon for predirt reverb. Also if I hadn't have found a dream Mustang, I probably would've bought a near identical Jaguar to yours! Love that blue.

hellz yeah, Sir Pumpkin.. doo id!!
synthezatory

committed
committed

Next

Return to Tech & Recording