· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
DAWs, VST, iPads, interfaces, software, etc.
Post a reply

Re: sweet ipad apps and accesories i should buy

Tue Jan 13, 2015 1:57 pm

I use Griffin Technologies Studio Connect to get sounds and midi in and out of my iPad.

Works really well.

Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:02 am

I just got Soundscaper. Extremely deep way to mess with samples. Put some headphones on and stay in your house for days with this one, :)*

Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:00 pm

Deltaphoenix wrote:I use Griffin Technologies Studio Connect to get sounds and midi in and out of my iPad.

Works really well.

I wanted to like that one, I really did. When I did my research, I found out it's resolution was 16bit not 24 and I've used 16bit and did not like it. My playing needs all the help it can get!

Thu Mar 05, 2015 1:15 am

I recorded this with it tonight

It is an Elektron Analog Rytm into the Griffen into the iPad.

Mon Sep 07, 2015 10:55 am

I recently bought flux:fx and it's amazing.
Crazy addictive!
Been running my bass into Bias and MIDImorphasis.

MIDImorphasis Controlling Thor than Thor into flux.
The possibilities seem endless.

Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:16 am

Derelict78 wrote:I recently bought flux:fx and it's amazing.
Crazy addictive!
Been running my bass into Bias and MIDImorphasis.

MIDImorphasis Controlling Thor than Thor into flux.
The possibilities seem endless.

I just wish Flux wasn't such a resource hog. :cry: Many awesome noise tracks never reached full potential because flux shits on them. :lol:

Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 pm

Yeah, the chain I mentioned is about as complicated as I can get if I'm running flux and even than if I run the sequencer it will glitch out sometimes. I need an iPad pro, that would probably solve that.

Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:55 pm

... don't know if this should be its own thread, but any advice on audio interfaces for an ipad air?

Don't need a lot of inputs. One for my guitar and another for a mic/xlr would be enough. It'd be great if it charged my ipad too. Right now I'm looking at the Focusrite iTrack Solo, Roland Duo-Capture EX, and Steinberg UR22. All are around $200ish. Is one better than the others in terms of reliability, noise, preamp quality, etc.? Would I be able to tell the difference if I dropped hella cash on a apogee or apollo?

Fri Oct 16, 2015 2:53 pm

I need a new one as well, irig has gotten me into playing through my iPad but I got too much noise.
I need midi on the interface as well.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 1:31 pm

This is what I use for audio and midi for the iPad: http://www.iconnectivity.com/products/m ... tMIDI2plus works very well.

Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:33 pm

image.jpeg

This sounds pretty amazing

Thu Jan 28, 2016 10:59 am

MannequinRaces wrote:This is what I use for audio and midi for the iPad: http://www.iconnectivity.com/products/m ... tMIDI2plus works very well.

Looked at the page, nothing about the bit depth, otherwise it looks awesome for the price! I recently picked up the iRig DuoPro and am liking it though honestly still getting acquainted with it...

Recently upgraded to a IPad Air2 with 128G. My old iPad 2 with 16 gigs kept running out of space... :cry:

The Garageband update supports arming 2 tracks at the same time.

ios quick tip: If you have more than one interface, make sure you power the iPad down before switching, if you don't it gets confused.

Fri May 06, 2016 4:00 pm

hollowhero wrote:... don't know if this should be its own thread, but any advice on audio interfaces for an ipad air?

Don't need a lot of inputs. One for my guitar and another for a mic/xlr would be enough. It'd be great if it charged my ipad too. Right now I'm looking at the Focusrite iTrack Solo, Roland Duo-Capture EX, and Steinberg UR22. All are around $200ish. Is one better than the others in terms of reliability, noise, preamp quality, etc.? Would I be able to tell the difference if I dropped hella cash on a apogee or apollo?

I just picked up an apogee duet and it's awesome.
It sounds wonderful and has usb midi.
I'm using a behringer fcb1010 as a controller.

Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:53 pm

considering going for iRig 37 keys...best cheap and easy ipad > midi keyboard guy?

also for those of you who aren't working with a table top set up, any good recs for an ipad stand?

right now I'm using arturia's iMini app which I think is great though I am a noob, and borderlands granular synthesis app which is so fun. and keezy drummer for very stupid but halfway decent sounding drums that run in the background. what else do i need?

Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:26 pm

Thor rules as a synth.
I have many but that's about all I use.
Post a reply