sweet ipad apps and accesories i should buy

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: sweet ipad apps and accesories i should buy

Postby zRobertez » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:35 pm

the Life Aquatic wrote:Yea but you have to subscribe by the month which I'm not doing. Haven't tried it yet, but can't I just pull up UG On safari on the iPad thus making the UG app pointless to pay for?

I don't know. I got the app when it first came out and the mobile site wasn't so hot or hard to use or something. I don't remember. I haven't had to pay anything since then. It's nice cause the tabs are all sized decently for my phone's screen.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Housewife/331848200230566
http://housewifeofficial.bandcamp.com/
Tom Dalton wrote:Like a phoenix's butt, it will rise from the asses.

KLON KLON KLON KLON
zRobertez

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Wes Mantooth » Sun Aug 19, 2012 3:56 pm

Still looking for a way to use my iPad as an instrument. Animoog is great but I need a way to get audio out in to my mixer. Any ideas?

Also If you like to draw, Paper by fiftythree is dope.
Wes Mantooth

Supporter
Supporter

Postby phantasmagorovich » Sun Aug 19, 2012 4:34 pm

Wes Mantooth wrote:Still looking for a way to use my iPad as an instrument. Animoog is great but I need a way to get audio out in to my mixer. Any ideas?

Also If you like to draw, Paper by fiftythree is dope.

I just use a stereo jack to dual mono cable and it works fine.
phantasmagorovich

Supporter
Supporter

Postby one bad monkey » Mon Aug 20, 2012 6:09 am

aen wrote:I need the thing that holds your ipad up on the mic stand.

The IK Multimedia iKlip is pretty good; I've been using it a lot in the theatre (been scanning in all my sheet music and putting it on the iPad via the ForScore app, which is excellent). The only thing I don't like about it is that it is not easy to change the viewing from vertical to horizontal and back. You need a screwdriver to do it.

Ryan wrote:I've been using an iPad2 to make demo videos for the last week and I really like it, it's really easy and fast and HD, pretty slick. (I use a separately mic'd audio track that I just drag onto the iPad.) I'd recommend you get iMovie, it makes making movies super easy and it's only 5 bucks.

You have a couple of options to put a mic in the iPad, Ryan. It can be as simple as an adaptor cable you can put in the headphone jack, or Apogee sells some great options that go in the data dock in the bottom; my latest demos were recorded using the Apogee Jam interface. I can run a Blue Microphones Yeti mic into it too, but it requires a couple of extra pieces (USB adaptor and a powered USB hub).

Artist | Bassist
one bad monkey

experienced
experienced

Postby the Life Aquatic » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:52 pm

ive been doing some research, and it seem that you can use the ipad usb camera apadter to hook up usb audio interfaces to the ipad. anyone have any expeirence doin so? only interface ive seen mentioned in doing this is the lexicon omega usb interface.
the Life Aquatic

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby loop » Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:28 am

they drop the price once in a while for animoog.. you have to keep an eye on their site and app page. I almost paid full price a few times but waited and got it cheap earlier this year.

Aside from animoog I dig rebirth, GarageBand, crate digger, pinball arcade, and ireddit :hello:
loop

involved
involved

Postby univalve » Fri Aug 31, 2012 10:21 am

Music-related:
Funkbox
Animoog
Figure
Filtatron
iElectribe
MS-20

Games:
Jelly Defense (and check out jelly band 'cause the music in this game is awesome)
Gun Runner (Arcade style oldschool - really dig this shit)
Zombie Gunship

Misc:
Twitter App (best implementation ever)

regarding the interface:
i'm still on the fence to get this one
some MIDI sync would be nice for me...
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby the Life Aquatic » Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:19 pm

yea, the alesis i/o dock looks like the perfect solution for me. i just googled and saw that for ipad 3 youll need a different connector dock, only 10 bucks so not a big deal. anyone have an i/o dock and ipad 3 gen and can chime in on their findings?
the Life Aquatic

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby modernage » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:53 pm

I have an iPod3, and would love to hear someones experience with this thing. I've almost purchased one on a few different occasions.
modernage

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby MannequinRaces » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:01 am

Came across this link that has a good roundup of some music making apps that haven't been mentioned yet:

http://beta.musicradar.com/news/tech/th ... y-528573/1
Quirky music for quirky people can be found at http://mannequinraces.bandcamp.com/!
elbandito wrote:I returned it a month later because drummers don't like to count
MannequinRaces

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby kurge71 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Here's my experience with Alesis IO dock with iPad 2:

Bought about a year ago - came with iPad 2 adapter - worked great for about 6 months until 5.0 OS came out. Sound wasn't processing correctly. Upgraded iPad to 5.0 but didn't upgrade firmware on IO dock. Everything worked great again until 5.1 OS came out - same sound processing problems. A few days ago I upgraded iPad to 5.1 OS and IO dock to latest firmware and now its at 95% workability. Every so often I get a feedbacky clicking sound that comes and goes when I'm using a live signal (mostly processing live input via CS Grain). Obviously, not a slam dunk product. Proceed with caution
kurge71

involved
involved

Postby univalve » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:06 am

Did anybody buy something of these?
http://www.insideout.co.jp/apps/

Dig those sounds!
univalve

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Rygot » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:32 am

the Life Aquatic wrote:ive been doing some research, and it seem that you can use the ipad usb camera apadter to hook up usb audio interfaces to the ipad. anyone have any expeirence doin so? only interface ive seen mentioned in doing this is the lexicon omega usb interface.

With an iPad 2 I used the camera connector to use a usb keyboard controller.
I'm planning on experimenting with the connector and a usb recording interface here soon, maybe record directly to garageband or something.
Rygot

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:57 am

Just bought an IPAD 2, but damn it all the apps are expensive! Fucking sucks!!!!!! I want free shit!!!!!! FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also, I can't find imaschine on there for some reason. Weird.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby hollowhero » Tue Nov 06, 2012 12:33 pm

If you're really industrious you could buy a breakout connector and solder yourself up one of these diy docks:

It has a guitar jack, guitar level knob, usb connection, headphone in & level, and stereo line in & out
hollowhero

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Tech & Recording