Mastering my 4 track recordings on laptop

Moderator: Ghost Hip

Re: Mastering my 4 track recordings on laptop

Postby Big Mon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:31 am

spacelordmother wrote:
friendship wrote:That's cool, I haven't mixed down by hand since high school. Maybe I'm being nostalgic, but I miss my Tascam. You should post your recordings when you're done.

Just in case you haven't already heard this massive excellence: http://blueghostfactory.bandcamp.com/album/the-thaw :joy:

you're entirely too kind to me, man. I'm really quite speechless. Validated, but speechless :hug:
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby spacelordmother » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:29 am

To be honest, I had forgotten all about it until you posted this thread... so I dug it up and have been enjoying it all over again!

LOVE THOSE FUZZY LAYERED TOANZ.
spacelordmother

HERO
HERO

Postby Big Mon » Fri Mar 07, 2014 12:54 pm

spacelordmother wrote:To be honest, I had forgotten all about it until you posted this thread... so I dug it up and have been enjoying it all over again!

LOVE THOSE FUZZY LAYERED TOANZ.

Those layers had a LOT to do with Mudfuzz, to whom I am eternally grateful. He totally captured the feel I had envisioned, retaining the tape-i-ness and filth.
Big Mon

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby maggot » Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:21 am

+1 on Reaper. It has a fairly steep learing curve (no worse than any other full-featured DAW, but I ended up printing out the entire manual), but it comes with good, free plugins and you can really do anything on it.

It's nag-wear, meaning you get a version for free that does anything the paid version does, and they want you to buy it for $60 or so if you keep using it, so if all you want to do is master one project, you can do it for free. However if you get a decent D/A interface and you have a mic, there's no reason you might not want to keep it around.
maggot

committed
committed

Previous

Return to Tech & Recording