4046-M

Moderator: intothegroove

Re: 4046-M

Postby Timv » Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:06 am

That sounds pretty much how the modulation on mine sounds. It's a very simple modulation circuit so I believe it's working as it should.
I'm out of town so cannot directly compare setting on mine but I know each mode only really has 1 possibly 2 switch settings that seem to work.
Timv

interested
interested

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:30 am

I did mean 3 o clock yeah. The last unit I had had much wider sweeps (more like 9 o clock than 3 o clock), and every setting had a very noticeably different effect. Except the arpeggiation mode, the three options on that were more like different speed ranges than different tonality. In fact same for all of them, ring mod was like different carrier frequency ranges for each mode from almost slow tremolo in one mode to always screechy in another,
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:07 am

Sounds like it works as intended. I think "primitive circuit" are the words used in the manual.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Thu Feb 23, 2017 10:52 am

I'm not making excuses on his behalf, but that's how mine worked as well, albeit it was the prototype.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Timv » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:32 pm

The modulator circuit uses a LM567 chip. I read up on what circuits you can build with that and I believe that why it is a pretty primitive modulator circuit as he calls it. It just adds some fun to the pedal but some of it isn't very useful.
Timv

interested
interested

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Feb 23, 2017 1:35 pm

A big part of the Arp and Bit modulators is changing the individual level knobs of S1 and S2 to get different effects as well. Especially in arp modes, you'll get different rhythms with different oscillator levels.
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Adamixoye » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:26 pm

Subbed

Also, has anyone heard from Andrew in a while? We touched base early/mid last week and then nothing.
Adamixoye

interested
interested

Postby Adamixoye » Mon Feb 27, 2017 2:52 pm

No, not panicking or anything---he confirmed that I won and asked which pedal I would like. This was my selection, but I haven't heard from him since then.

I'm very excited to try this out! Though I feel like I have no idea what I'm getting myself into.
Adamixoye

interested
interested

Postby Adamixoye » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:21 pm

vidret wrote:Oh you're getting a 4046?

Good luck bro :lol: (good choice btw, I thought you were gonna spring for the rm-1n!)

Eh, reverb---even weird reverb---is not really my thing. Synth-y mangled goodness seemed more up my alley.
Adamixoye

interested
interested

Postby Adamixoye » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:50 pm

So since you have one, no dibs? :)
Adamixoye

interested
interested

Postby baremountain » Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:56 pm

vidret wrote:I'm still really weirded out no one has replied on my theory about there being no "double modulator" re-route.

that was all the shit with the knobs video and as a function and everything.
Don't get me wrong, it's the tits still, and synth-y mangled goodness you will have.

I actually had the same thought recently. It seems like it's mainly useful for inserting another pedal as a kind of FX loop?

I also find it odd that the reverse order isn't included in the Knobs video's configurations (MI -> Out -> In -> SDO). That setting made for some absolutely wild sounds when I tried it with my roommate's cello lol
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby DarkAxel » Tue Feb 28, 2017 6:55 am

Hey guys... East Stomp Boutique will be going out of business as soon as I sell out the current stock. Here's a 4046-M at my reverb shop (->worldwide sales!) for 10% off
https://reverb.com/item/4434169-industr ... synth-2017

If you want to be nice, PM me first so we can go around reverb fees

this is an absolutely stunning 4046-M, maybe my favourite so far <3 it is, unfortunately, a last chance to get one from me
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:17 pm

baremountain wrote:
vidret wrote:I'm still really weirded out no one has replied on my theory about there being no "double modulator" re-route.

that was all the shit with the knobs video and as a function and everything.
Don't get me wrong, it's the tits still, and synth-y mangled goodness you will have.

I actually had the same thought recently. It seems like it's mainly useful for inserting another pedal as a kind of FX loop?

You can, but it needs to have a shitload of output. I used a DBA verb with volume and gain all the way up.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:48 pm

I did.

Just try it. Could have been my proto. :idk:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Adamixoye » Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:14 pm

vidret wrote:
Adamixoye wrote:So since you have one, no dibs? :)

I leave my dibs for another, was sure you were gonna go with the reverb :lol:

YOU DON'T KNOW ME! :) :lol:
Adamixoye

interested
interested

PreviousNext

Return to Industrialectric