4046-M

Moderator: intothegroove

Re: 4046-M

Postby mysteryroach » Wed Dec 28, 2016 7:22 pm

Yeah I wasn't all that surprised about not getting a bypass signal in mod-only/synth-only mode. I didn't expect noise to be coming from it when bypassed though.
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:09 pm

All 3 of mine have been quiet as a mouse when in bypass
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Timv » Thu Dec 29, 2016 9:38 pm

Checked mine out real quick.
I do get some noise in bypass from the modulation also.
Found noise in ring setting especially with the knob set to 1. Got a high pitched squeal that changes with the setting of the two controls.
No noise from the bit setting or from arp setting.
Timv

interested
interested

Postby mysteryroach » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:10 pm

Cool. Yeah, the noise isn't that bad at all, and it's only on some settings - so you can dial it out if you want by changing the settings.

Anyway, that's a relief. As long as other people are also getting bypass noise I'm happy. Just making sure it's a known quirk, and not unique to my unit.

As mentioned, it's getting cut out of the signal chain when not in use. So it's not as if it's going to effect me anyway.
mysteryroach

committed
committed

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:30 pm

mysteryroach wrote:I noticed that there's still output from the modulater (whether it's plugged into the normal input or modulator input) when it's bypassed i.e. there's noise coming from it that changes depending on what the modulator settings are.

Is this normal? I have a true-bypass looper, so it's not so much of a problem. But if I didn't it would be an issue, as I wouldn't be able to cut it out of my signal chain and it'd be forever colouring my signal even when it's off.

Yeah, I've had that happen. Seems to mostly happen on certain ring mod settings. I normally just use a different ring mod setting and haven't had a problem.
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby DarkAxel » Mon Jan 09, 2017 7:03 am

American breaux - I have a restock coming in soon and I need to amass preorders in order to be able to pay for it (irresponsible restock of another brand left me with too little money)

Anyone in the US interested? Limited to 2 per each pedal, PM for a price. NO VAT so we're talking pretty much standard price :idk:

(I don't usually like it because my accountant is a bit braindead and it's unnecessary problematic... but I can make an exception for you guys this one time)
I make pedal demos as East Stomp Boutique - http://www.youtube.com/c/eaststompboutique

great deals: Jwar Kayzer Bellyheart wfs1234 bronzetalon Ech0 Scruffie MaxMaps solarolosonoio Schlatte WeHuntKings Monkeydancer Eric! Univalve Huggernaut fuzzmax amorphous Tristan Goroth dan_abnormal Obulus Jrmy BitchPudding beezlebub ianmarks darkfield Abanoise Jskadiang Disarm D'Arcy Snufkino Gerb somethingclever fidget
DarkAxel

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:18 am

OH BOY I GOT ONE INCOMING

So, uh, this is my first PLL - where do y'all typically put this in your signal chain? I think it'd make sense to be post-Ct5/pitchy stuff, but pre-gain/post-gain? Mid-gain? Any cool artifacts from putting it after delay or 'verb?
Inner Vegas wrote:I don't think anyone is Obama

#wheresthebirthcertificate #obamahoax

solo tunes:
completed works || loosey goosey releases
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby lordgalvar » Tue Jan 17, 2017 1:35 pm

Depends. You can use something like a judder with an exp for a psuedo glide.
I would put it before verb and anything with too much gain (but gain/volume/clipping will help too...Mostly referring to octave fuzzes). Wah/bandpass can help or change tracking.

I've had a lot of fun with plls post stutter/hold pedals and vibrato.

All depends on how you want to use it and how rigid you are on perfect tracking.

It was a blast and one of the better plls I have played (it was at namm 2016).
-Ring Mods!
"I make you chocolate"
    -comesect69-via-Majin Buu-by-way-of-Dirge/mtl.asm and special consideration from CA Anderton
lordgalvar

Supporter
Supporter

Postby chrisdermo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:31 pm

Depends how you want it to track. Post dirt it tracks better but loses some of the filtery morphing abilities, same goes for buffers (I.e. Digital pitch shifters). I had mine post blue box and pre everything else. Never tried running a verb or a delay into it though. D'oh
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby D.o.S. » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:03 pm

This thing is bonkers, and running a delay into it is fucking abusrd.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:44 pm

Yeah, I definitely hear it coming somewhere after my Count to 5 & Pitchfactor so those pitches get mangled - I see this as the end of my heavier modulation fx.
Something like Accountant -> Pitchfactor -> ct5 -> your & you're -> 4046-m -> Pretty Years (maybe put this before the 4046 instead?) -> No Memory -> Echo Degrader -> Supermoon -> Fuck OD -> Happiness
Although I'm getting a boner just thinking about dropping the Happiness between the SDO and the MI.

solo tunes:
associated acts:
Raab Zamboni (fake jazz/real noise//sax, modular synth, editing, misc) || Field Guide (my best friends//sax on 2 tracks)

I make t-shirts, patches, koozies, buttons, CDs, sometimes tapes, and eventually i'll start working on pedals again. DM me for pricing!
baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby chrisdermo » Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:30 am

You will almost definitely lose the pitchy-ness of the pitchfactor and CT5 if you aren't just using the modulation section on the 4046, and the 4046 won't track the majority of what you're playing and just spit out (awesome) sputtery garbles
chrisdermo

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby baremountain » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:45 pm

So I'm about 30 min deep into playing this thing and H O L Y M O L Y what a crazy beast this thing is!

solo tunes:
associated acts:

baremountain

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby yeatsvisitslincoln » Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:19 pm

I actually keep this at the front of my change since it's monophonic. I'd be afraid that it would just become completely unintelligible with a CT5 in front where you can have multiple pitches.
yeatsvisitslincoln

committed
committed

Postby raj007 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:16 pm

Got my 4046 in today to complete the trifecta :!!!:

Won't get a proper test run until tonight but the few minutes I had with it I was cackling madly.
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

D.o.S wrote:Whenever I step on my tuner the shitty guitar playing stops.
raj007

experienced
experienced

PreviousNext

Return to Industrialectric