ECHO DEGRADER

Moderator: intothegroove

Re: ECHO DEGRADER

Postby intothegroove » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:37 pm

brndnwilliams wrote:Hey Andrew, I emailed you about two weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. If you didn't receive it, I can just message you on here. Thanks :)

For some reason I didn't get it :wha?: Sorry about that! Please send me a message on here, thanks!
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby intothegroove » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:41 pm

Degraded Echo wrote:The Echo Degrader is amazing! It really rewards exploration and perseverance. RM-1N en route! Thanks Andrew for creating these magnificent artifacts!

Are there any whispers of new Industrialelectric?

Is anyone buying direct from Andrew or must retailers get their cut?

Thank you so much for the kind words and I'm so happy you're enjoying the pedals! I actually have something that I would like to release at the beginning of next year so I"m trying to work on that. I have a ton of other ideas that I want to work on to release in the future, it's just been difficult with all the orders and trying to find people to help but I think finally it's coming together :joy:

I'm going through only dealers but hopefully if everything gets sorted out this year and I have time I would like to just design new stuff and do some custom pieces from time to time, but that's still awhile away :(
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby zoooombiex » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:12 pm

I'm going to second the compliments above. IMO there are few effects that reward exploration as much as this.
zoooombiex

Fantasian of BILF
Fantasian of BILF

Postby space6oy » Wed Jun 14, 2017 5:02 pm

is there a new version or another delay happening?
space6oy

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby intothegroove » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:58 am

space6oy wrote:is there a new version or another delay happening?

Absolutely, but it may be in a year or two as I'm gearing up to release something new in the new year :thumb:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Srellim1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:20 pm

Hey Folks,
All apologies if posting in an old thread stretches forum rules.
I just purchased an RM-1N last week and fell so deep in love with it that I bought an Echo Degrader a few days later.
For the most part I am loving the Echo Degrader and have spent hours getting lost in it. I am having an issue in that it seriously deadens the high end. I understand that there will always be a degree of this happening with lo-di delays, but this is fairly extreme (for my taste anyway).
I am wondering if this is normal for the ED?

Are there are settings that may restore some of the high end?

Finally, what everyone is doing as a work around if not?
I’m loving the ED but it could be a long term deal breaker for me.
Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Srellim1

interested
interested

Postby ibarakishi » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:18 pm

mine does this too at some settings. just make sure you put your dirt or overdrives after it when you care about the highs and you will be fine.

edit: you have to understand that this will be really noisy though at some settings, especially with the dirt after. But your highs will always be sharp. I embrace the clang though. don't know if you part of the clang gang or not
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Srellim1 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:27 pm

Hey,

Thank you for the response.
On its own it definitely deadens the highs all around. I put it on a board after my always on boost and drive. It helped somewhat, but the issue is still there and it made the drive feel strangely thick and without dynamics when strummed. Taking your advice I pulled the tuner and put it first in the chain (into the drive and boost) and it’s a whole new world!
(I have a Belle Epoch Deluxe that like to be pre dirt as well). Great call on that.
Truly appreciated!
It’s still a bit dull on its own. I know that the learning curve is steep on this guy. Any settings to maximize high end would be greatly appreciated.
Beyond this minor detail this is a really special, unique pedal.

I do like the clang. Which is subjective I guess.
If Tom waits were in a version of Swans where Rowland Howard and Blixa Bargeld played guitar and the Shangri La’s sang backup, maybe the world would be a better place.
Srellim1

interested
interested

Postby ibarakishi » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 am

It is kind of hard for me to recommend settings, as everything is super interactive with not only all the other settings (aka knobs and switches), but it is also super interactive with what you are playing and the volume. Also a lot of the echo degraders i guess have slightly different characters of sound (same with the RM1N). Depending on what style you play, and how your play it (along with how hot your signal is going in) is REALLY going to effect how this thing reacts and does its thing. And like you said, just in general, it is a pretty dark unit sound-wise. Or i guess you could even say it is pretty neutral. Depending on what you put after it (and before it) will really define what you can do with it and the high end.

On other suggestion is that even though you lose high end by pushing the ED with distorted signals (and now are using something to tighten it up after), the ED really likes to do weird things that you might enjoy when it has a dirt running into it. If you have something that can run into it and get it to bloom and get strange, and then have another dirt or something to tighten the highs up after it, this is also something that you might enjoy as well (though obviously it will be noisy at times). Just something to think about.
good deals/trades/business with: JonnyAngle, rdw102, crochambeau, worra, $harkToootth, Olin, fuzzonaut, friendship, ianmarks, digi2t
ibarakishi

experienced
experienced

Postby Srellim1 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 3:52 am

ibarakishi wrote:It is kind of hard for me to recommend settings, as everything is super interactive with not only all the other settings (aka knobs and switches), but it is also super interactive with what you are playing and the volume. Also a lot of the echo degraders i guess have slightly different characters of sound (same with the RM1N). Depending on what style you play, and how your play it (along with how hot your signal is going in) is REALLY going to effect how this thing reacts and does its thing. And like you said, just in general, it is a pretty dark unit sound-wise. Or i guess you could even say it is pretty neutral. Depending on what you put after it (and before it) will really define what you can do with it and the high end.

On other suggestion is that even though you lose high end by pushing the ED with distorted signals (and now are using something to tighten it up after), the ED really likes to do weird things that you might enjoy when it has a dirt running into it. If you have something that can run into it and get it to bloom and get strange, and then have another dirt or something to tighten the highs up after it, this is also something that you might enjoy as well (though obviously it will be noisy at times). Just something to think about.

I appreciate the input. I’m finding that you are correct. it very much likes toward the front of the chain. I have it pre fuzz/od and boost and it is sounding fantastic there. I am going to put a boost in front of it as I had intended to put a boost first in chain and I the idea of having something driving the ED and the fuzz pedal that I’d already had loves to have a boost in front of it.
I have a feeling that I’ll be learning to use this one for a very long time. It’s not as immediately rewarding as the RM but the tiniest adjustments yield great big unexpected WHOA! moments.
Srellim1

interested
interested

Previous

Return to Industrialectric