ECHO DEGRADER

Moderator: intothegroove

ECHO DEGRADER

Postby intothegroove » Tue Jan 21, 2014 1:41 pm

I have always loved delay, in fact my very first boutique pedal was a Dr.Scientist Sunny Day Delay :joy: and I still have it and love it to this day :love: I have finally put my own in place, drawing inspiration from the wildest and most creative delays I have had a chance to play and hear. This is the ECHO DEGRADER

Infinite repeats / Tape Stability 1:

Infinite repeats / Tape Stability 2:

Beats with infinite repeats 1:

Beats with infinite repeats 2:

Degrade:

Tape stability:

Simple time sample to show how slow and disgusting the delay can get :thumb:

Demo courtesy of Ugly Casanova

There is just way to many sounds and functions this thing can do and I am still only scratching the surface :joy: the samples are only the straight forward bare minimum of some of the function separate and some mixed together :)

THANK YOU!!! :joy: :omg: :!!!: :hug:
Attachments
FullSizeRender(9).jpg
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: ??? :-)

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 21, 2014 2:24 pm

That combination drum machine/reverb/tremolo sounds great.
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby intothegroove » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:14 pm

All those sounds are coming from what's on my breadboard! :!!!: It's a really crazy lofi delay I've been putting together, It can reapeat forever and make beats to! :lol: I will get more details up when I finally get a proto going, still ironing out some features :joy:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Chankgeez » Tue Jan 21, 2014 4:20 pm

Wow, that's a lot of sound from one pedal. :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dandolin » Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:00 am

So hawt. Make it be real.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby goroth » Thu Jan 23, 2014 5:16 am

By god that sounds good. How "predictable" is it, for want of a better word? I mean, that was a cool groove you created there - how easy would it be to find that setting again? I'm thinking this could be an awesome thing to use in a band context before bringing the noise with massive drums and stuff, but it'd be nice to know that you can get the tempo roughly correct, and the "beats" roughly similar.

??
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby intothegroove » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:16 pm

goroth wrote:By god that sounds good. How "predictable" is it, for want of a better word? I mean, that was a cool groove you created there - how easy would it be to find that setting again? I'm thinking this could be an awesome thing to use in a band context before bringing the noise with massive drums and stuff, but it'd be nice to know that you can get the tempo roughly correct, and the "beats" roughly similar.

??

Glad you like it! :joy:

The setting is easy to remember, on this delay their are two repeat modes, one is a Lo-fi mode and the other is not so lo-fi :lol: On the more clean repeat mode when the repeats are turned to max it allows the delay to be infinite without going into oscillation based on other settings but it's pretty easy to setup anytime. I made the beat by striking the strings while palm muting and then layering the hits and letting them play out for a little bit, then playing softly with the beat it made. It's just like a loop pedal in regards to getting the timing right, you have to make sure you can layer your hits right on time :)

I am going to get a prototype ready when I can and explain all the functions because it's not a conventional delay, I want to make sure it works exactly how I have it on the breadboard now and there are so many other functions and sounds you can do with it :!!!:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Re: ECHO DEGRADER

Postby Tristan » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:17 pm

Cool man, this really seems like a totally different take on delay /echo, you're on a roll! :)
good deals with: the_brow, phantasmagorovich, alexsga, DarkAxel, goroth, The Wood Wizard, Tendollarcat, vbps, monkeydancer, intothegroove, Brobee
Tristan

Supporter
Supporter

Postby intothegroove » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:29 pm

Tristan wrote:Cool man, this really seems like a totally different take on delay /echo, you're on a roll! :)

Thanks dude! :joy: :cool:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby LaoWiz » Thu Jan 23, 2014 11:31 pm

You come up with great names for your shit. I can't get the clip on my phone!
LaoWiz

Supporter
Supporter

Postby goroth » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:23 am

Me neither, but you gotta hear it dude. So good.
ALLisNOISE wrote:you can dial in some wonderfully smeared 12bit cascades of cicadas leveling a hail of rockets against an army of rusty box fans!

Latest album out on all streaming services and bandcamp and what not.
Spotify /// Apple Music
My band /// Instagram ///Bandcamp ///
goroth

HERO
HERO

Postby Dandolin » Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:00 am

Funds earmarked.
"In a moment of unparalleled genius, Noel Parachute headed off this potential disaster by unplugging the microphone."
Dandolin

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nevada » Fri Jan 24, 2014 2:59 pm

Another cool idea. Very nice!
Good deals with PumpkinPieces, hazelwould, PetZounds, Steelyeye, DannDubbleEwe (x3), skullservant (x3), ChetMagongalo, leaves turn, Helter, EvilCatBucky, OddKnowledge, vanderholm, Phengren Oswald, Uncle Grandfather, decomposing, MrNovember, multi_s (x2), smallsoundbigsound (x2), Dandolin, Strangle Tales who is a good dude
nevada

experienced
experienced

Postby intothegroove » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:04 pm

Thanks so much guys! :joy: :hug:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby osbornkt » Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:55 pm

This is so good!
AH!
So into this.
Happy Dealings with: julius_deane, HeavyXIII, RobFossil, letsgocoyote, darkfields, colin, MEC, sanfordandsonny, delaydecay, aedes, leastwise, foomanfat...

http://gnatcatcherband.bandcamp.com/
https://www.facebook.com/gnatcatcherband
osbornkt

experienced
experienced

Next

Return to Industrialectric