RM-1N

Moderator: intothegroove

Re: RM-1N

Postby Jwar » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:22 pm

:( :(:(
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby intothegroove » Mon May 02, 2016 8:38 am

hip_modernism wrote:Walp, I ordered what was apparently the last RM-1N on reverb.com at the beginning of March, and it was either stolen from my doorstep or the post office lost it and won't fess up to it.

The seller has been super cool about it and has some kind of canadian post insurance that will cover some of it eventually, but still it's an 8-week wait for a new one...so hoping another will materialize soon.

So now I just come to this thread and get all misty eyed ;P

So sorry to hear this man :( I hope it turns up for you and If I could I would certainly build you one right away but things are really hectic right now. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see one for sale :thumb:
intothegroove

FAMOUS
FAMOUS

Postby Willem » Mon May 02, 2016 4:03 pm

Hi, is there a way to get a long decay but without the things are going too crazy with self-oscillation. Mine self-oscillates at 10 o'clock in long mode (not lo-fi).
Fuzzonaut about the RM-1N:
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon May 02, 2016 4:46 pm

You can get long decay without putting it into that mode.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Willem » Mon May 02, 2016 5:03 pm

In short mode I can put the decay at 12 o'clock before it starts self-oscillation, normal?

I mean I love this sound but wondered if I could go further ;)
"Amp in a box"?
No, there's no amp in there - tone fairies and feedback goblins live inside this box.
Willem

committed
committed

Postby UglyCasanova » Mon May 02, 2016 6:07 pm

Hmmm. Each RM-1N is different. I take it that you roll back the feedback knob all the way before you set the reverb depth. Those two knobs are highly interactive. Low pass mode and rolled back tone knob can help push it into longer decay times as well. Oh, and input. Hot PU's or dirt in front will make it oscillate easier.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't long reverb mode just the same as a cranked feedback knob? :idk:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Willem » Tue May 03, 2016 1:01 am

Thanks UC, I'll try what you describe.
"Amp in a box"?
Willem

committed
committed

Postby ritz » Tue May 03, 2016 1:41 pm

It's a box of many mysteries.

When in long mode with reverb depth dialed most of the way back you can get mostly infinite reverbs without runaway oscillation
popvulture wrote:Nothing is truer bypass than the void.

multi_s wrote: i want something that gives my third eye a rim job.
ritz

experienced
experienced

Postby D.o.S. » Thu May 12, 2016 11:08 am

^^
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby hip_modernism » Tue May 17, 2016 11:15 pm

Oops, belated thanks for the commiserations all!

intothegroove wrote:So sorry to hear this man :( I hope it turns up for you and If I could I would certainly build you one right away but things are really hectic right now. I'll keep an eye out and let you know if I see one for sale :thumb:

Man, I'm mostly sad that one of your pieces of art was stolen and probably wasted. That more than anything bums me out.

Good news is Canada Post insurance paid up, I lost some dough in the exchange rate from 300 CDN to USD (yeesh if this was 2012 I might have MADE money), but at least I got like 70% of it back.

I'm hearing whispers that the seller may be getting a new batch of RM-1N's in soon, so hopefully I will be getting one soon! :love:
hip_modernism

interested
interested

Postby blakestree » Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:30 pm

I fully expect to be drown in "duh"s by you dudes. But, I never really got the hype around the RM-1N. All the videos never cast that mythical magic on my ears. However, now that I've finally gotten my hands on one, I understand where all the love comes from! This is probably the first pedal I've owned where I get so lost in playing that I forget to twiddle knobs. It's destine to make my "Best Purchases of 2016" list, for sure.
While leaves shall fall, do branches intertwine, that we remain bound.

Blake's Tree
blakestree

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby D.o.S. » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:39 am

something to consider: the hype was probably much more justified at the old price point (no offense meant, I still love my RM)?
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Wittgenstein » Tue Jul 05, 2016 11:03 pm

The first RM-1N I bought was extremely interesting, but the heartbeat sound was so obtrusive at literally all settings that I found it unusable, which led to me selling it. About a month later, I found a good deal on another one and thought I'd give it another shot. To my surprise, this one has a very soft heartbeat, which can be almost completely dialed out if need be. I expected some variation, but not to this extent. At any rate, this new, quieter, RM-1N is incredibly useful.
This course, a perpetual alternation of determining what is true, and then setting aside this determining, constitutes, strictly speaking, the steady everyday life and activity of perpetual consciousness, a consciousness which fancies itself to be moving in the realm of truth.
Wittgenstein

Supporter
Supporter

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:33 am

:barf: :|: wow....been drooling over this gettin all excited for a while now and only heard about the heartbeat thing once.. until i got here...thought it was just some ridiculous claim...but i see ive got some thinking to do. :why: :cry:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:48 am

Please. Why would you sit around and listen for the heart beat? It's not there when you're playing. It's the chip feeding itself (high input) nothingness.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

PreviousNext

Return to Industrialectric