RM-1N

Moderator: intothegroove

Re: RM-1N

Postby Disarm D'arcy » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:14 am

I love it. I've integrated it into many jams and recorded tracks!
Good deals: OsbornKT, Phantasmagorovich, UglyCasanova, DarkAxel, Skip, D.o.S, ColdBrightSunlight, Eivind August, Goroth

https://linktr.ee/disarmdarcy

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Disarm D'arcy

Supporter
Supporter

Postby comesect2.0 » Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:51 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Please. Why would you sit around and listen for the heart beat? It's not there when you're playing. It's the chip feeding itself (high input) nothingness.

lol...my echo dream does this too...not saying its a BIG deal...just from what ive been reading from others its like a BUMP WUMP! big deal...ive just got 4 pedals on my mind and they are all going at the end of 10 pedals in my rig sooo fuck people and their internet jabber...just wanted to see what others would say to that comment really..from your vids and others demos anything from industrialectric is perfect. :hobbes:
comesect2.0

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:15 am

UglyCasanova wrote:Please. Why would you sit around and listen for the heart beat? It's not there when you're playing. It's the chip feeding itself (high input) nothingness.

It drives me crazy too. I hate when pedals make noise when not being used. I just can't for some reason. I wonder if putting this in an FX loop would help? Has anyone ever tried that???

Also, you can mess with the settings and it does get rid of the heart beat.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

-JWAR :)
Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:16 am

I mean, you are free to dislike it. To me, it's like complaining that a fuzz makes noise when you're not playing it. It's not supposed to be a "pretty reverb" in the normal sense of the phrase (although it sounds beauiful to me). It rumbles, it has artifacts, it's nasty. IT'S ALIIIIVE!! :zen:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:17 am

I don't think an FX loop would help. It's the chip.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:18 am

Fuzz that makes noise when I don't play them also bothers me! LOL!!! I'm just weird like that. I love the RM N1 for sure! Miss the hell out of it. I just am OCD man. Can't help it.
"I do not have the ability to think rationally 90% of the time and I also change my mind at the drop of a hat".

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:19 am

I only have one question for you then: How the hell do you use Ezhi&Aka pedals?? :lol:
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Jwar » Fri Oct 28, 2016 10:57 am

UglyCasanova wrote:I only have one question for you then: How the hell do you use Ezhi&Aka pedals?? :lol:

He increased the filtering for me to lower the noise floor! hahaha. :( I'm crazy I know.

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby dunbine » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Couldn't you solve the noisy inactive pedal conundrum by putting them in a loop/switcher?

Good deals: DannDubbleEwe, D.o.S., nevada, lordgalvar, Jwar, baremountain, LaoWiz, Jero, Cody_Pole, goroth
dunbine

Supporter
Supporter

Postby UglyCasanova » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:16 pm

It's not noisy when it's bypassed.
UglyCasanova

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby DRodriguez » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Buy a second matched rm1n run it in parallel with no input and phase flipped #impracticalnonsolutions.
DRodriguez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby dunbine » Fri Oct 28, 2016 3:39 pm

Ah, I misunderstood and thought the issue was noise even after the unit is switched off, sorry. Should read the thread updates more thoroughly. I've never noticed it on the RM-1N that I have, maybe I received one that didn't have a previous life as a long distance runner? Sounds great as-is to my ears.
Good deals: DannDubbleEwe, D.o.S., nevada, lordgalvar, Jwar, baremountain, LaoWiz, Jero, Cody_Pole, goroth
dunbine

Supporter
Supporter

Postby Jwar » Sat Oct 29, 2016 1:19 pm

DRodriguez wrote:Buy a second matched rm1n run it in parallel with no input and phase flipped #impracticalnonsolutions.

#perfectsolution

LOL!!

I miss the hell out of my RM 1N. FUCK!

Jwar

Cosmic of BILF
Cosmic of BILF

Postby D.o.S. » Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:05 pm

I miss my second RM-1N sometimes.
good deals are here.
escapecraft is here.
UglyCasanova wrote: It's not the expensive programs you use, it's the way you click and drag.

Achtane wrote:
comesect2.0 wrote:Michael Jackson king tut little Richard in your butt.

IT'S THE ENNNND OF THE WORRRLD AS WE KNOW IT
D.o.S.

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby mysteryroach » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:24 am

intothegroove wrote:
funloaded wrote:Some of these demos are driving me nuts. How are people avoiding the heartbeat sound? I tried matching the settings on this vid, for example, and ended up with that thumping metronome which I don't hear at all in the demo and haven't heard much in the others.
Hey funloaded

I had someone e-mail me about this as well, was it you? Like I told them, the noise is caused by the heavy amounts of gain going into and out of the reverb module and circuit. Unfortunately you can't have the gain without noise and if you want no noise you can't have the gain. This also changes the features and overall sound of the RM if I were to adjust the circuit. Try putting a noise gate after the RM and see if that helps, some RM's are noisier than others.
Ev_O))) wrote:I get it with the pre gain up, swith on LO and the length switch up but never with anythinng else

Just got my RM-1n in. Figured I should check on the health of it and make sure it's in good condition. Sorry to be a gear hypochondriac :facepalm: (see: my post on the Echo Degrader thread). Usually not like this with pedals. Prob just can't handle the raw power of Industrialectric! :animal: I'd hate to see what I'm like with a 4046-m D: (which has been on my wishlist for a while now, so god help us all)

So mine is getting the heartbeat no matter what. Even with both postgain and pregain turned completely down. I thought gain was the thing that introduced the heartbeat?? :?: Thus, having read this previously, I kinda expected I'd only get it at dirtier settings - and had prepared to only hear it at high gain levels. So it just took me by surprise, as I hadn't expecting it to be hearing it on completely clean settings. Obviously you can hear it when you're not playing, which isn't an issue - but it's also noticeable during soft playing and when letting notes+chords ring. It's only barely an issue. I should probably stress that. Just asking if it's normal.

Anyway, right now, turning the level knob up increases the heartbeat, no matter where the gain is at. Postgain also increases the heartbeat. Tone knob kinda does? (probably just adding highs to it and just making it punch out more)

Pregain on the other hand doesn't increase it much at all (although it does a little bit). I can somewhat mask the heartbeat by turning pregain to 12:00 and level to about 12:00. It's not completely masked. But it's barely there - Volume on amp has to be quite loud in order to even notice it.

Anyway, that brings me along to my 2nd query: what pregain does do, is anything after 1:00 -> 1:30 gradually introduces a rumbling/pitter-patter/sputter sound, which increases (but is not introduced) with level+postgain. It gets abit loud (i.e. much louder than the heartbeat) when you increase beyond 2:00->2:30. Postgain also decreases the pregain-threshold for introducing this pitterpatter/sputter (but doesn't introduce it on its own without any pregain). With postgain at 100%, it will sputter at 10:30. With postgain at 50% it will sputter at around 50%.

It is present when you're not playing. And when you're playing softly (or louder if you let it ring, the louder you play the longer it has to ring before it does this) it controls the volume of the note (i.e. it drops in and out with the pitterpatter - kinda like a completely random tremolo. Volume of note goes to zero but reverb trails remain. Like the signal is breaking apart and cutting out, but in a random sputtery way).

Is this just another quirk? I wasn't completely surprised to hear rough sputtery breakup stuff in an Industrialectric pedal at what I assume are fairly extreme gain settings. However, I watched bits of Disarm Darcy's video and here at 10:20, he's getting the rumbling sound but not the pitter-patter that's causing rung notes to drop out into a sputter https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bp8Mzzi1vjM&t=10m20s. Likewise UglyCasanova's doesn't seem to be doing the same thing in his demo. Maybe mine has more pregain on tap?

Lastly, while I was writing this post I also heard 3 "crack" sounds (in the space of about 15 minutes). All medium loudness. Although amp volume was quite loud. Both much louder than the heartbeats, for comparison (although heartbeats are damn quiet). Level was at 12:00. Postgain & Pregain was at 0. Guitar input volume was at 0. This normal too? :?: i.e. just another quirk. Or is this legit cause for concern? May be an isolated incident.

Pedal is almost brand-new. The guy received it direct from the builder a couple weeks ago. I'd email direct but I notice he's away at the mo. So hoping y'all forumers can school me on this yourselves if he's not around.

I'm fine with quirks. If that's the way the pedal is then that's all good. I expected it to be strange but having never used one I don't know HOW strange. May just be taken aback by it.

I want to stress that none of these are complaints. Just figured I should make sure that everything is as it should be, being that I bought it used (locally) and I live overseas (so if it needs medical attention it'll probably cost $80USD for the round trip - which is 33% what I paid for it).

Sorry for being pedantic! Like the echo degrader - Pedal sounds fucking mint. Both are soundscape heaven.
mysteryroach

committed
committed

PreviousNext

Return to Industrialectric