What's the best klone for DOOM?

Re: What's the best klone for DOOM?

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:51 am

:idk: I've got an actual "Bass" Centaur. It's just got different resistors. :doom: :lol:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
…...........................…
Sweet dealin's: here
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dr Tony Balls » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:00 pm

MechaGodzilla wrote:
Dr Tony Balls wrote:Shameless self promotion, though its no different than a standard Klon:

Image Image

this fuckin ruuuuuules

THANKS!
Dr Tony Balls

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:00 pm

qersty wrote:I want to try making the byoc one that has an extra channel without the distortion stuff.

what if somebody made a klone with a bass knob. that would doom

ehx did that i think
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:09 pm

Yeah, they made a Bass Soul Food. Not sure how it differs from a regular Soul Food though. :doom: :snax:
psychic vampire. wrote:The important take away from this thread: Taoism and Ring Modulators go together?
"Now, of course, Strega is not a Minimoog… and I am not Sun Ra" - dude from MAKENOISE
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Location: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGhbeHujNZQ youtube.com/watch?v=V-2l7kkBURc

Postby Dr Tony Balls » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:18 pm

Chankgeez wrote:Yeah, they made a Bass Soul Food. Not sure how it differs from a regular Soul Food though. :doom: :snax:

Havent done the research but if I had to guess its just a Soul Food with a clean bend. i.e. it doesnt feature more low end but it plays better with bass, allowing it to not get lost in the mix. Its that classic bass w/ distortion problem and solution.
Dr Tony Balls

committed
committed

Postby Chankgeez » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:58 pm

yep, you're right, I just looked and it has a blend knob. :lol: :thumb:
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby Dr Tony Balls » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:18 pm

I mean....not that that's a BAD thing. I do it to pedals all the time to make them play nicer with bass guitar. It just doesnt retain lower frequencies in the affected sound.
Dr Tony Balls

committed
committed

Postby MechaGodzilla » Sun Feb 28, 2021 8:42 am

i thought it had a separate "bass" control on the side but i guess that must be a mod
MechaGodzilla

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby qersty » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:03 am

is it an additional blend or just the gain knob split tho? I didn't know finnegan made a bass version. Klon versions are weird to me cause nothing seems different
imagine finding out your son is your daughter & she's into noise music
qersty

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby Chankgeez » Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:23 am

MechaGodzilla wrote:i thought it had a separate "bass" control on the side but i guess that must be a mod

That may be a mod. :idk:

qersty wrote:is it an additional blend or just the gain knob split tho? I didn't know finnegan made a bass version. Klon versions are weird to me cause nothing seems different

The bass version doesn't actually sound that different. It's pretty subtle. Just slightly more optimized for bass frequencies.

You'd have to listen carefully in isolation to be able to tell.
#GreenRinger
Chankgeez

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org