Adding a Bass Cabinet

Re: Adding a Bass Cabinet

Postby nonakosa » Thu Jan 24, 2019 1:57 pm

If this were an advisable idea then I would certainly plan on using the Orange with a different cabinet, the 112 is a bit small to compete with the 2x15s. Honestly I am still just kicking around all of the different possibilities at this point, I am fairly certain that I would not want to run the guitar amp in that way, I was more just curious about the different options.

SMH
nonakosa

interested
interested

Postby JonnyAngle » Sat Jan 26, 2019 12:32 pm

nonakosa wrote:If this were an advisable idea then I would certainly plan on using the Orange with a different cabinet, the 112 is a bit small to compete with the 2x15s. Honestly I am still just kicking around all of the different possibilities at this point, I am fairly certain that I would not want to run the guitar amp in that way, I was more just curious about the different options.

SMH

The 112 might keep up with the 215. Treble frequencies require much less amplification to get the same perceived volume. I’d recommend getting a splitter so you can control each amp independently, instead of running one slave.
JonnyAngle

IAMILFFAMOUS
IAMILFFAMOUS

Postby nonakosa » Tue Feb 05, 2019 3:48 pm

The Peavey has suffered a catastrophic failure. I am closing this thread here as I now have a much bigger issue to deal with. I do want to thank you all for the replies, specifically JonnyAngle, this thread has done a lot to remind me that my current amp is (was) quite perfect as it is (was). I am going to open another thread in general gear to solicit some advice as to how to best proceed.

Thanks again,
SMH
nonakosa

interested
interested

Previous

Return to ilovedoom.org