· Gen · Guit · · Bldrs · B/S/T ·

Switch to full style
ilovedoom @ ilovefuzz
Post a reply

Re: Anyone heard from Hex Electrics?

Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:36 pm

Yup. There is an Odin 20 watt head on Reverb right now.

Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:21 pm

mathias wrote:
nablock wrote:Good call on the Odin. Blackhawk was kind enough to loan me his HEL prototype, which I used in lieu of the Micro T. Blackhawk is truly the best.

I've heard reference to an Odin 20 but all I can find online is the Odin 120. Is there a small Blackhawk amp too?

Just hit up Brooks directly. He is super easy to communicate with. He makes an Odin 20, and a Hiwatt-ish preamp on ORMAT power amp with a high gain switch 20W called HEL. I used it for tracking the other week and it is a beast!

He can make you whatever you want. Total wizard.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:18 am

conky wrote:Got the run around some more and he didn't remember us talking about things that he could have scrolled up to see. I just asked for my money back because I'm tired of waiting. Supposedly 3 to 5 more weeks but the lack of communication on their end is straight up fucky. I'll just get a Matamp instead.

I just had this exact experience with EGC and concluded with "I'll just get an Obstructures instead".
It's a shame it happens with these guys too because I've been tempted by a Micro-T for a while now :no:

Tue Jul 25, 2017 11:51 am

eagle twin sucks anyways.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 12:58 pm

waltdogg wrote:eagle twin sucks anyways.

Couldn't agree more.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:01 pm

If i get the Model T itch again, I'm just going to go through Ned. He said he could do it a lot cheaper going through him, but it wouldn't have any Hex logos on it, which is fine with me. He always replied fast and answered any questions I had. Gentry would take forever getting back with me and wouldn't answer any questions.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:19 pm

At least he is getting back to you. I just bought a used micro t so I don't need one anymore but I wish I would've thought about hitting up Ned and cutting out the middle man.

Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:31 pm

Didn't even realize that was an option.

Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:52 am

Shit guess I'll rescind my recommendations. I had been forwarding people to Hex (amongst others) whenever they have asked me for amps over the last year or so

Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:50 pm

So the backlog is technically your fault. Not sure how you even sleep at night, knowing that there are people out there not dooming to their full potential.

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:01 am

Lol

Thu Jul 27, 2017 11:11 am

Heptagons are way cooler anyway. (sorry, I just wanted to pile on)

Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:52 pm

penis is cooler.

Thu Aug 10, 2017 8:07 am

My Micro T is being delivered on Friday, right when I'm out of town on a work trip... I'll post pics when I pick it up Sunday/Monday.

Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:37 pm

NAD

It sounds really damn good. Very impressed with the cleans. It has a nice throaty mod-gain tone when cranked, which gets even better with a Tube Screamer in front.
Post a reply