Let's talk about Green Matamp

Let's talk about Green Matamp

Postby bigbadbeach » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:50 pm

Hey everyone. I was wondering what you all think of the Green Matamp GT120 (mv). I've played on a few of these guys amps a few times and Everytime I'm blown away by the sounds I can get out of it. Very impressive for pedal users.
Anyways. I ordered a Green Matamp GT120 Master Volume, to go with my 73' Model T and Blackhawk Odin120. I bought an ABCY pedal and I'm ready to flatten the universe. Have any of you bought one of these head before? If so how long did it take? I'm having a bit of trouble getting a response from Matamp, but I'm not mad because I know they are busy building deadly heads for us. Anyways just wondering on a time from order to the door. Help a Doomer out! Cheers
Oh and what is your favorite pedals to use with the gt120? I'm a fuzz addict, and I'm into OD and delay as well.
Destroy My Brains on Facebook Facebook.com/DMBDESTROYMYBRAINS
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Re: Let's talk about Green Matamp

Postby Feedbacker » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:24 pm

I ordered a GT120MV on April 5 of this year and received it on June 15.The amps serial number says it was built in early May and shipping was extremely fast so I don't know why it was mid June when I received it. Matamp said it was because people went on vacation. Matamp is kind of hard to get a hold of. My best luck came from messaging them on Facebook. I really like the amp so far. I wish they did a better job packing the amps for shipping. Its basically the head stuck in a box with cut up cardboard and small pieces of Styrofoam inside. The styrofoam sucks because it flakes off onto the amp and some was just wedged inside the amp. I'm sure the first time the head is opened there will be more styrofoam inside.

My favorite pedal with it is a Colorsound Yellow Tone Bender. But that has been my favorite pedal with any amp I've owned. The amp is currently living at my bass players house since that is where we practice. I've only gotten to play it twice since I received it because my job keeps scheduling me on practice day. I use it with an Orange 4x12. So far it is a really cool amp and I'm hoping I don't run into the choke issue some people were complaining about on instagram.

Hope this helps

oh yeah. be prepared to pay the delivery guy customs fees when your amp comes. I think it was around $50 US for mine.
Feedbacker

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby bigbadbeach » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:21 pm

Right on that's actually faster than I thought it would take! What I'd the choke issue? I haven't heard of this yet. I'm pretty excited to rip on this beast
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby Feedbacker » Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Not 100% sure because I'm not very knowledgeable when it comes to electronics and how amps work. But based on what I read, Matamp uses 2 different chokes. one that is coated and on that is not. With one of them it is not uncommon to hear a popping noise while it's on and that means the choke is bad. I haven't experienced this personally, I just read about people having an issue while I was waiting on my amp.The same people said Matamp was easy to work with as far as getting the issue fixed for the people who had amps that broke.
Feedbacker

uncommitted
uncommitted

Postby bigbadbeach » Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:02 am

I see I see. Well hopefully I get no popping haha
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby bigbadbeach » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:03 am

So I have a few more weeks before the Green comes home to me from the Matamp shop. Here's what I have so far for the setup. I'm going to run a OCD, Supermoon, Dunwich wizard fuzz, and a boss dd3. I have two 4x12 cabs that I want to put some different speakers in. but I'm not sure what I want in them yet... I play very high gain sludge/doom, and I need low end, punch, plus clarity because I do use a lot of pinch harmonics... Hit me up with some suggestions... oh and I had a question for you guys, even though this is going to be a totally dumb question but, since the gt120 only has one speaker input that you can use at a time instead of having another input for an extension cab, can you run parallel cabs with any of the outputs on the back of a cab. ive never run parallel in my entire life... (as dumb as that might sound) I do not want to fry the head by fucking up the impendence rating... or do you need cabs that have special parallel jacks? thanks doomers! cheers
bigbadbeach

interested
interested

Postby conky » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:15 am

I miss my GTO. It stayed clean all the way up and sounded huge. I think I'm gonna order a GT120 but I'm not sure if I wanna go with the master volume unit or not.
conky

IAMILF
IAMILF

Postby rickenbastard » Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:29 pm

I got a GT150 a few months ago. It's awesome. Played a show recently with a dude who had a GT120mv. First one I've heard in person. Sounded great. You'll run out of the head into one cab then from that cab to the other cab. Make sure their ohms are matched. If your cabs are 16 ohm then set the output to 8ohm
rickenbastard

committed
committed

Return to ilovedoom.org